New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Igt 2000 stuck on eeprom device error  (Read 526 times)

Offline mark1505

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • mark1505 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Igt 2000 stuck on eeprom device error
« on: December 18, 2023, 02:17:25 PM »
Bought a 2000 removed the green battery and put in a new 3 volt battery br2032 machine came up when 0
On start up 3 key turns and test button and it ran for over a week guy was coming to pick it up
So i pulled the board to check the battery voltage replaced the board and when though start up and i got the eeprom error tried 20 times to clear turned key 3,4,5
Pushed test button over and over no luck
Pulled board pull each IC check placement and all the pins straight a few
Seated making sure all when correct. Replace the board same problem
Put in a different board machine came up and played fine. I think i have a good board but bad  IC
After all that my question is which eeprom do i change?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Igt 2000 stuck on eeprom device error
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2023, 02:59:32 PM »
The EEPROM is on the motherboard.  It's a 8 pin IC (24C16) and the only socketed component on it.  Replace it and you should be good to go. 

The game software is on EPROMs (or PROMS) and some of the game configuration information is stored on the EEPROM.  The EEPROM is electrically erasable, the other is not.

Offline mark1505

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2023, 03:03:34 PM »
I put a different board and the machine ran fine that tell me the motherboard is good cpu is my problem i could be wrong

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2023, 03:11:12 PM »
I read this as you took the MPU board out of the machine and plugged it into another machine and it works right? That means your MPU board and game EPROMs are good.  The motherboard (aka backplane) is what the MPU plugs into and is where the EEPROM is located.

Offline mark1505

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2023, 04:23:58 PM »
No i put a working cpu in the machine that had a eeprom problem and it work correct played it for a few minutes . Should i try changing the game chips ?

Offline lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2023, 05:09:28 PM »
If you have no bent pins on your MPU edge connectors, it is an MPU fault.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2023, 05:51:35 PM »
Ok, then I would agree the problem is not the motherboard EEPROM.  Check the pins on the MPU board as lookes suggested.  Did you desolder the Varta battery and solder in a new coin cell battery?  If so carefully examine the board to make sure you didn't form a solder bridge somewhere on the board with a stray blob of solder.

It's not your game software, you'd get a different error message if it was or it wouldn't boot at all.

Offline mark1505

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2023, 06:00:44 PM »
Bent pins on the edge connector makes more sense because worked fine removed the board to check the coin battery and reinstall the board and would not play. Looked at a-lot of stuff but miss the edge pins. Machine is at my shop
Will look this week thanks for all the help

Offline mark1505

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2023, 04:33:25 PM »
Got a chance to look at the pins on the board connector and sure enough the two ends pins were bent
One was bent all the way over and broke when i tried to straighten it . There was not a part number on any
Of the 2000 boards i have. They look like the same as the connector on the s boards.
When i looked up the part number they had beed discontinued is there a part number i can use to replace
The connector? For some reason i never look at the pins looked at a few s boards and saw some pins bent
On them. Learn something new everyday.
Thanks for teaching a old dog a new trick!

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2023, 08:53:09 AM »
Can you pull the broken pin out from the back of the header connector and solder in a pin from a donor board?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal