New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Weird S2000 Triple Stars power issue  (Read 464 times)

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Weird S2000 Triple Stars power issue
« on: December 26, 2023, 10:02:46 PM »
I picked up a none working S2000 Triple Stars today. I removed the topper before transporting it home to make sure I did not break it. When I got it home I did not install the topper. So I made sure the MPU was pushed in good. Then I plugged it in and the service light does work. Then I turned the power switch on. None of the fluorescent lights come on like they should. The machine does not try to start booting. The only thing that happens is every so often the reel fluorescent bulb flashes on and off real quick and every time the fluorescent light flashes on and off the lights on the MPU flash on and off. I am not sure if the other two fluorescent lights were flashing or not because I could not see them. It seems like maybe something is shorted out and it resets every so often and tries to start up but then shuts everything back down. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before or have any idea what could be causing this issue?  Another thing I did turn the power off and pull the MPU board out of the machine. Then turned the power back on and the fluorescent light did the same thing. So I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with the MPU board. The green Varta battery looks to have been removed a long time ago. I looked at it under a magnifying glass and there is no damage or any signs of left over alkaline leakage. I did check the main battery and it is dead like .14 volts. So I definitely need to replace it with a battery holder and coin battery. I guess I could put this MPU in my working machine just to see if it starts to boot up. Like I said I am pretty sure the MPU is not the issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I hope everyone is having a great holiday season. Thanks

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Weird S2000 Triple Stars power issue
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 06:00:30 AM »
Check the power supply behind the reels. It might not be securely screwed in and moved during transport. Also check the ac cord where it plugs into the distribution box.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Weird S2000 Triple Stars power issue
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 09:18:32 AM »
RB, Thanks for the reply. I went out and pulled the reels out and checked the power supply. It was solid but I went ahead and loosened the thumb screw and pulled it out and pushed it back in and tightened the screw back. I also checked to make sure the power cord was plugged in solid in the distribution box. I turned the machine on and still the same thing. I had told my wife yesterday when I plugged it in to test it that I thought it might be a shorted ballast. So after I checked what you had suggested I thought I am going to test my theory. So I unplugged the reel light ballast on the input side and still the same thing. So I  unplugged the top box light ballast on the input side and turned the power switch on and the game started booting. It gave me a Ram error so I reset it and it booted to main battery low. Which I knew it was going to do that. So I changed the main battery and went through the same process again and the machine is up and working. What do you know I actually got one right. Just the way the fluorescent reel light and the MPU LED's were flashing on at the same time about every 10 seconds or so it just made me think something is shorted out and pulling it down when it tries to start up.  It must not have been to long ago since this machine was working 100% because it took a one dollar bill which I was not surprised. Then I put a new five dollar bill in it just knowing it was going to spit it back out but it accepted it. I have not tried any other Bill's yet. I did notice the bill validator face does not lite up so it must be burnt out bulbs since the validator works. I also did notice I get no sound out of the right speaker. I have read some of the machines were setup to just use one speaker. I dont understand why they would not at least hook the 2 speakers up where they would at least work in mono sound. I will have to test the right speaker to see if it works and then go from there I guess. Thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal