New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 1994 IGT S+ Haywire 61 Error Loop Reboot Clear issues  (Read 6687 times)

Offline Classix7

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Classix7 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
1994 IGT S+ Haywire 61 Error Loop Reboot Clear issues
« on: July 19, 2016, 04:08:54 PM »
Ok here is one for all you pros :)

I have a 1994 Haywire S+ IGT

I have owned this machine since 2004, but had to put it in storage about 2010.

Of course when i took it out it had error code 12. At this time I didn't know what the codes were, and took the last week or so educating myself on what it was and how to fix it. Of course it was a low lithium battery on the main-board. I had that professionally replaced however I'm unsure how long it sat in storage with a dead battery :(. So once that was done, i obviously got error code 61. Well im going to assume that because of the length the battery was dead on the board, it put me in the dreaded Error Code 61 Loop. No mater how many times I tried hitting the reset button to clear, SOMETIMES I would get 61-1 and the DING, others nothing, but no matter how many times It will still turn on to error code 61.

The machine had a SET and CLEAR chip with instructions in the "package" it came with years back, so figuring I had no choice I followed the instructions and used them both.

Now the code is gone and the machine WORKS.... to a point.

The bill acceptor does not work (I thought that's what the SET chip does?? Activate the bill acceptor?) And it only has BASIC functions working? the Play 2 coins does not work, and you cant play more then 2 coins at once. Also it does not keep track of any wins, it just pays out anytime there is a HIT? So all the features of being able to add coins, or use the "pay out" button to collect coins are all gone.

Is there something that needs to be programmed to turn on the "features?" outside of the basic, "put a quarter in it and spin the real"

Also does it matter which WAY the SET/CLEAR programed Chip are inserted? as in is there an UP or DOWN?

Any help is appreciated guys!!

Thanks!!

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 1994 IGT S+ Haywire 61 Error Loop Reboot Clear issues
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 04:48:04 PM »
You will have to use the set chip again and make it 9-1 for on. then set denom. then put you SP chip back in. Next since you did a clear you will have to set all your settings again. In this same section towards the top is a topic "Typical settings for a S+" follow those instructions for setting 5, 8, and hopper limit, bill limit etc. It is very easy to do and written well. You will give yourself a pat on the back when you get it going. Good Luck and let us know if you have any other problems
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 04:57:54 PM »
Hey Classix, welcome to NLG. Just to see what you have. If you don't know the SP chip number or the SS chip number, with the power on push the test button until a 4 shows in the coins played window. 2 sets of numbers will flash on  the left side. Post those numbers to make sure you don't have an SP chip that sets up differently. Some of the chips use different numbers than others. And yes there is a right and wrong way to install the chips. If you notice one end will have a small notch or divot in it. The chips need to face the same direction as the SP and SS chip do.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 05:04:42 PM »
Haywire should be 1271 if I remember right. PAR sheets confused the heck out of me. Most set up the same except 16 MHz which I would be happy never having another one of those. haha

the rockin elvis

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 05:07:22 PM »
Haywire should be 1271 if I remember right. PAR sheets confused the heck out of me. Most set up the same except 16 MHz which I would be happy never having another one of those. haha

I think Haywire is a 1274. It's a type 2 game. Yeah no 16s. My old S+ Haywire has an SP873 in it. It's not as user friendly as the new 1271 & 1274 chips.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 05:14:54 PM »
Your right 1274. Very simple settings.

the rockin elvis

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 05:17:08 PM »
The clear chip and set chip are both installed in the same place as the game chip.  First you install the clear chip, perform the clear procedure.  Then you install the game chip, clear the errors.  Then install the set chip to set denom and enable dbv.  Then you put back the game chip.  Here's a step by step on how to use the set chip.  As far as the payout after each win, if you push the credit/cash button before you play, then the wins will go to credits as long as that button is lit.

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/dbv.htm
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Classix7

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 05:33:19 PM »
You guys Rock, im at work now (I own a restaurant so my hours are screwy) But I have been using this forum for the solutions up until now when I felt the need to post, I knew you guys would know the solution to this bad boy lol, Its been a great machine till now, ("hair pulling with the looping 61 code" Ill crack a cold beer tonight and go over the whole thing as you suggestd and post he numbers and/or pics!

Cheers and THANKS guys (either that or had a guy offer to buy it "As IS" for dirt cheap) but i figured that i was actually able to make it spin and play again it wasnt a lost cause!

Matt

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 05:38:33 PM »
It has been my experience for the 61 loop that when the owner finds the code 12, they think wow I have a magic "reset key" lets try it. Automatic clear after that.

the rockin elvis

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 05:45:03 PM »
It has been my experience for the 61 loop that when the owner finds the code 12, they think wow I have a magic "reset key" lets try it. Automatic clear after that.

I've always heard the same thing.

Offline Classix7

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 06:13:26 PM »

Ya believe it or not this is the FIRST forum I found when i googled Error Code 12... I couldn't figure out why it didn't work after we plugged it in from storage. But I kinda figured that was what was going to happen, who knows how long the battery was dead, and just my luck. I messed with it for 4 hrs trying to get past that error code 61, but no matter what you guys had posted here I couldn't clear it, so figured ouch. CLEAR and SET time.

Offline Classix7

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 10:36:47 PM »
Hey Classix, welcome to NLG. Just to see what you have. If you don't know the SP chip number or the SS chip number, with the power on push the test button until a 4 shows in the coins played window. 2 sets of numbers will flash on  the left side. Post those numbers to make sure you don't have an SP chip that sets up differently. Some of the chips use different numbers than others. And yes there is a right and wrong way to install the chips. If you notice one end will have a small notch or divot in it. The chips need to face the same direction as the SP and SS chip do.

Dave

Thanks for the warm welcome and help Shaggy!

The numbers in the winner paid box are 3732. The 373 are flashing the 2 is not.

The credits box says 0779

This is with a 4 showing in the coins played box.

This is the old girl going after you all helped with the 61 error loop

! No longer available

Edited to embed the video.  (PS. Next time try recording with your phone turned sideways to fill the screen.   :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: )-knagl
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:11:48 PM by knagl »

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 06:05:53 AM »
Thanks for the numbers. PM sent.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal