New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 Triple Diamond no Player Info Display  (Read 1468 times)

Offline RJ

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • RJ New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S2000 Triple Diamond no Player Info Display
« on: June 15, 2019, 07:12:06 AM »
i picked up a S2000 Triple Diamond. I have never seen this game working.

:Please_Post_Pictures_2clr: Enhanced board

Game chip       SB100064
GM1 Stepper. SG000598 CS DE 1C
GM2 stepper SG000598. CS. 347D

VS. Version Chip VS011GX1

DSP.   DSPL0002

SNDF.                 R
DSV00042 16MG

The player info display is not working. Along with a few other things.
New power supply installed.
New DBA the JCM was dead.

There is a 20 pin 2  row connector on the back of the player display that has nothing connected to it.
No flash when first powered up.

The other 2 displays show no disp

The game turns on reels cycle. Top light on the tower flashes. DBA is not working right now but has the 3 led’s lit on the MEI  SC6602 looks like I need to pole the net plex menu 4. I just run the power connector and it cycles and flashes green waiting for data connection.

I just ordered a key45 and clear and I will be replacing both batteries.
The varta battery is corroded. The button has ok voltage.

Who has a good service manual for the S2000’s?

Thanks

Reno

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S2000 Triple Diamond no Player Info Display
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 07:28:10 AM »
Reno,

Pictures are worth a lot in helping diagnose the problem. There are two types of VFD. One uses a controller board & ribbon harness. The other does not. I looked at both types & there's no 20 pin connector on either. The ribbon is more than 20. See my pics.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 07:31:03 AM »
Your "no disp" error is likely related to that MEI either defective or wrong software installed for ID024. If you disconnect it, does the problem go away? Do not connect or disconnect anything while the machine is powered on.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline RJ

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 12:54:39 PM »
Thank you very much for the pictures . I guess on the number of pins. Was not sittting in front of the machine

I have the same layout as your second picture. The empty pin socket concerned me.

. I will take a look later on today when I get off work.
I think if I can get the player screen to work I can do the menu 4 net plex polling.

The DBA works with out the data line hooked up. Just picked it up. Flashed for new bills.

Reno

Offline RJ

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 07:51:54 AM »
I ended up replacing the button battery it was at 2 volts. The varta battery was leaking. I cleaned up the board and checked the traces.

The VFD display. Does not light up. I removed the net plex green connector and the display lights up and says, net plex link lost.

The MEI DBA still showed all three leds lit until I remove the net plex connector it power cycles.

The Lower tower light is flashing along with the top light. Eventually the no disp showed up. If I leave the [size=78%]door open I get the door open audible alarm.[/size]

One at a time I disconnected each of the net plex connectors. No change.

I have checked all of the pins on the mother board for cold solder and bent pins.

Parts replaced.Power supply behind the reels. Button batteryVarta batteryBill Validator

.I have a Clear and Key chip. I have an Enhanced board. Game is Triple Diamond.

What does the power supply with the Ac power connection do?When I first bought the machine, the person I bought it from pointed at it and said that it needs to be replaced and that would solve the problems.

Thanks

Reno
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 11:17:49 AM by RJ »

Offline RJ

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 08:23:25 PM »
I just tried another enhanced main cpu board, I used the original game board.

I still have no VFD display and now the MPU leds are mostly lit and the Red led is flashing.

The VFD Still has no display unless I unplug the net plex connector. Then it says net plex connection lost

The bill validator has all 3 leds lit unless I unplug the net plex connector. Then it it cycles. The dba was upgraded to a MEI

I am at a loss on what to check next.

I have changed out.

Power supply behind the Reels

Power distribution board behind hopper

Both batteries on the original Enhanced Board.

Went threw and unplugged each of the i/o boards.

Tried another enhanced 1270 board i reused the game chip board on top. That’s when the leds on the MPU mostly turned on and the Red led flashes.

Thanks Reno

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 11:40:56 PM »
I'd be checking the SB and both SG's.

Something amiss there upon one of those 3 chips would cause the RED light to come on the MPU LED's.

Folded under chip leg?  :Scratch-Head:

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RJ

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 11:25:09 AM »
I checked he IC pins and the daughter board. No Robles’s the enchanted board I picked up has no voltage on the VARTA battery . Ordered a new one.

Would that cause the Red led on the MPU to flash on. And the VFD display not to Display

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 12:25:36 PM »
No, there's no need for the Varta battery in a home enviroment.
It's better with them out really because they corrode and eat the traces off the board.

Did you check the pins on the SB and SG chips?

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RJ

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 08:38:23 PM »
Hello

I pulled all the chips and checked the pins.

i also checked the pins  to make sure I did not bend any pins when I put the daughter board on to the enhanced board I picked up.

Only chip that was originally pulled was the SB when I tried a clear and a key chip.

The original enhanced board did not have the flashing Red led.

Couple of yellow lights on and the green light.

I am spinning on this one.

This is my first S2000

RJ

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 06:45:20 AM »
Hmm...wonder why one MPU has red lite while other doesn't?
That rules out bad chips or bent legs.
Stick with the MPU that just has green and amber lites and go from there.

Offline RJ

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 01:32:25 PM »
Problem is that I picked up the second”working” enhanced board to see if that would solve the No VFD display issue , and all 3 red lights lit 🔥 sue on the DBV and go from there. The green /amber led board is the original board.

Not sure what to look for next.

Could it be the back plane for the main board?

RJ
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 07:07:14 AM by RJ »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal