New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Double Diamond S slot  (Read 995 times)

Offline tpayne_03

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • tpayne_03 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Double Diamond S slot
« on: May 12, 2020, 08:42:55 AM »
Hello everyone,

I need some help with a Double Diamond S slot 3 reel game. The bottom candle (blue) stays lit all the time and will not accept coins. The insert coins light is on when the door is closed but no read of the coins.

So far I have used the self test to identify that the eye optic (1) does not read properly with the old and new coin optic board.  I believe is it test 10 1.... it does not go from 0 to 1 or vice versa... 11 and 12 do work properly. Is there some logic preventing this from happening or are both coin optic boards bad. The machine is in great shape and looks like it has been cared for over time.

Interestingly enough when you open the door and put a coin through the slot you get a 21 error maybe because the 2 and 3 optics are seeing the coin. I'm making no assumptions and need help from you guys on this one. I have pictures but I have to resize them to post here. It has mechanical coin operation and quarters are properly passed into coin optic path. Some posts have said the blue light should stay lit until a paid game is played after the door is opened and closed. I don't know if this is true or not but it doesn't help until I get a coin to be read properly I guess.  Thanks for any help or direction you can provide. Terry

« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 06:29:25 PM by tpayne_03 »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Double Diamond S slot
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 09:04:08 AM »
I think you need to remove the Q2 or Q4 component from the optics board if using a coin mech.  Not sure about an S machine.

Offline tpayne_03

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 10:14:20 AM »
I have taken the Q4  transistor off the old coin optic board as described and nothing changed. I did not touch or alter the new coin optic board when testing with it but no change in machine. The machine does every other test correctly and works when you give credits through the switch on the bottom optic board. It will play correctly and pay out correctly but will not take a coin..... Thanks for the information. Terry

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 10:20:41 AM »
Sounds as if the coin comp is bad!  shim  out the rake on the back of the cc-16 and see if it will put the coin into the optic. and establish a credit.  resize your pictures and post what you have!

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline tpayne_03

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 10:32:39 AM »
Thanks Jim I have included the mechanical coin comparator picture, please forgive me if my terminology isn't correct.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 10:55:26 AM »
Take the coin  mech out of the machine and make sure it is level as you hold it, put a quarter in it and see where it goes, it will either be rejected and exit on the right side,  or it will be accepted and exit on the left side, this should verify if it is working.  It's 100% mechanical. 

because you have a mechanical accepter, Q-2 or Q-4 MUST be removed or you will always get a code 21. 

since you have a "S" model machine, you can open the door, remove the coin mech, pull out the cherry switch, (no the machine thinks the door is closed) put a quarter into the optics and see if it establishes a credit!.

see picture,  this is where Q-2 or Q-4 is located on the board you show pictured.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline tpayne_03

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 11:37:05 AM »
Jim,

yes the mechanical works perfectly each time and will reject other coins so I think its work perfectly.

I have removed the Q4 transistor on the coin op board shown below. The picture doesn't show it removed but I have removed it and no change the machine. I did order a new coin optic board and it works the same but have not removed the Q2 or Q4 component off of it as of yet.

Yes I have used the cherry switch closed position by pulling it out as you stated and the unit will not accept coins. The machine is too good not be something simple...

On the cherry switch there are only two wires, i have seen other pictures of other people's machines that have four wires. Is there any concern with this missing a door optic or something like that?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 11:59:18 AM »
Oh,  you have a real old coin optic board,  on that board you have to remove the diode located in the upper right corner to be able to use the mechanical mech,  DO NOT REMOVE THE TRANSISTOR Q-4 ON THAT BOARD. 

the newer boards like the one I pictured , will need the  Q-2 or Q-4 removed in order to use a mechanical mech.

when you get the coin optic installed with the correct modifications, you should be able to remove the mech, pull out the cherry switch (simulate the door closed) put a quarter directly into the optic channel and it should establish a credit.

another option would be to install a electronic CC-16 and harness.

Jim

Signature:

Offline tpayne_03

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 12:28:19 PM »
Jim,

I understand what you are saying about this board and the Q4 transistor. Too late for this board but it didn't change anything, I will take a better picture of the board so I can try to find the diode you refer to.

How much would the CC-16 and harness be and is there still a need for the for the coin optic board even with the CC-16 installed? You can private message me or text me on my phone if that is allowed.. I would post my number but I'm not sure that is allowed or not. Thanks for your help Jim. I really appreciate your help.

Offline tpayne_03

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 12:57:10 PM »
Adding the picture of the coin op complete board for you to tell me which diode to remove.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2020, 01:45:28 PM »
Its the component with the orange arrow, CR1   looks as if something has been done to it??  just clip on side of it  so it is not connected.  then try the things I asked you to do. 

Signature:

Offline tpayne_03

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2020, 06:27:00 PM »
Jim,

You are the man!!!... I had to take the new coin opt board and take the component off Q2 as described for a mechanical coin comparator and voila. It works like a charm.  I can't thank you enough.  Kudo's

:applause: 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal