New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Double Diamond CLOSURE M and Printer Communications Error.  (Read 1538 times)

Offline bootlegcraig

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bootlegcraig New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Double Diamond CLOSURE M and Printer Communications Error.
« on: October 04, 2020, 02:35:11 PM »
Getting a Closure M and Printer Communications Error on a Double Diamond.

I did an I/O test and the MAIN DOOR switch alternates between 0 and 1. Is this normal ?

Sorry for my ignorance. This is my first slot and just got if Friday. Was suppose to have worked when I purchased it from a reseller.

Any help appreciated. Thanks !

Craig
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 02:52:40 PM by bootlegcraig »

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: IGT Double Diamond CLOSURE M and Printer Communications Error.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 02:58:59 PM »
Closure m is normal it just means the door was closed. You are having an issue with your printer.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 03:15:55 PM »
With the machine turned off unplug and reseat the plug going to the printer. Also make sure the printer is fully seated in position.
Try to reboot machine, don't forget to raise and lower the door latch a few times to try and clear the code.
If you're still getting a communication error turn off the machine and unplug the printer. Restart the machine and see if the error changes.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline bootlegcraig

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 03:59:50 PM »
Thanks qbert.

I removed the cable on front the printer and the error cleared.

I did notice the error LED located on the printer was on.

Now the machine seems to error free but does not play. Should it ?

Also, how do a make a donation to the site ? Let me know and I will send one right away.

Really appreciate the help.

Offline bootlegcraig

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 04:07:35 PM »
Pay pal donation sent.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 04:26:33 PM »
If you no longer have errors on the display and the game says insert credits/coins, it should work after you insert a bill for credis.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 267
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline bootlegcraig

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 09:16:29 AM »
This slot is driving me nuts...

Get no disp error and printer communications error.

Removed Bill Validator and it seems the no disp error has gone away. Still getting printer communications error though. Have tried opening / closing the door several but dang the door is hard to get closed ( is that normal ?)

Got machine on Friday from a reputable reseller and it was supposed to be functional.

Help ObiWan.... This is my first slot...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 09:47:38 AM »
If you unplug the printer, put back validator, does the machine play?  The printer, bill validator, and display are all Netplex devices, if one of them has issues, the whole netplex bus gets messed up and you get weird errors.  So if your printer is bad, it may be the source of the other issues.  Do you have a TITO board?  If you don't having a printer is worthless, other than printing out a useless ticket.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline bootlegcraig

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 05:28:47 PM »
OK, Put the Bill Validator in and UNplugged the printer. Still getting printer communications error.

When machine starts, VFD says DISPLAYS NETPLEX LINK IS DOWN before performing memory test. Is this OK ?

Also, when I am "disconnecting" the printer, I am disconnecting the 6 PIN molex connector shown in picture. The 3 pin does NOT seem to be connected. Is that correct ?

Here is a picture of the ribbon cable going into the back of the printer. Looks OK but I have not reseated it (yet). Tough to get to so I just took a picture.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 08:09:07 PM by bootlegcraig »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2020, 06:07:07 PM »
Let's go back to where we were.
With the machine off unplug the printer.
Like Rick stated above if there is no TITO board in your machine the ticket printer is a boat anchor anyway. You don't need it. Your beating a dead horse,  the printer is having problems and bringing the rest of the machine down.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2020, 06:10:21 PM »
Disconnect the printer from the back behind the bill validator box for now...we'll get that working later....1st let's get your machine working!

With the printer disconnected, and the printer error gone as Rick suggested, does the bill acceptor take in a $1 bill and add it to credits?

"Netplex Is Down" message is fine....it's just "booting up.

The 3-pin small Molex connector I believe was for the entryway LED lights on some printers....I could be wrong on that but it's not needed right now.

Follow the steps the members are suggesting in order & report back before doing anything else....please don't jump ahead. :)

We'll get this puppy going!

« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 06:40:07 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline bootlegcraig

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2020, 08:01:38 PM »
Thank you Stayouttadabunker for your patience.

Fixed my type, the printer was UNplugged in my last post.

I have disconnected the printer from the end away from the printer. It is pretty tough getting to the back of the printer and don't want to break the connector.

Still have the Closure M and Printer Communication Error but here is the thing...

The door on this dude is really hard to get "latched" so I can remove the key. Could that be the issue ? Maybe there error is not getting cleared ? I am trying hard to not "slam" the door so the virtual latch can be locked but even then, it is hard as heck to get "locked". I have attached a photo of what I am calling the vertical latch.

One other note, the bill validator is blinking the green light.

Thank you all !

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2020, 08:35:21 PM »
okay...to bypass the door lock for now, just take off the lock cam.
It would be a flat piece of metal at the very end of the lock ....held onto the lock by either a screw or a bolt.
Remove it for now.
When you learn how to post a picture of it, we'll be able to tell you if it's bent or not.

Later we'll fix the lock...you don't need it for now but you DO need to get the latch handle to easily fall all the way down in it's slot on the door.
That way, the door optics will line up easier and hopefully close easier.

I suspect the door lock cam is bent from slamming it?
We need to free up the whole latch mechanism so that it closes properly.

When the door latch is fully down, the door optics should line up and help erase errors that are "stacking up" in the error memory of the machine.
Each time you close the latch downwards and line up the optics, hopefully one or more errors go away.

Then, you will be able to try and see if a dollar bill will get accepted into the bill acceptor.

oh! And "Closure M" is not an error, it's just a message telling you the Main door was closed.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 09:07:57 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2020, 08:39:40 PM »
Just unplug the molex going to the printer.
Game cabinets on the S2000 are pretty flimsy.
Try slightly lifting the bottom right side of the door as you are closing it. That might make it easier to fully latch. Must be latched to reset the error messages.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 08:56:28 PM »
Below is a photo of the Molex printer connector Qbert is talking about.
Don't worry about the other two smaller ones.
Just disconnect the one that I wrote "Printer" on.  :rotfl:

The latch release is the long plastic lever/thing on the bottom.
Just push on it as you wiggle/pull the two housings apart.
Don't pull by the wires!!!

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>

Offline bootlegcraig

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 09:46:41 PM »
Thanks guys.

So I think I got the door latching fully.

Where it stands now.

- Bill Validator Connected
- Printer disconnected via 6 pin Molex connector.

Still get printer communication error. This is strange since it is not connected... I still have a hunch I'm not getting the error cleared... Optic sensors not working / lining up ? Is there a way to overide for now ?

The vendor is sending me another BV board (the part installed in the machine the BV plugs into...)but I don't see how that could help if the printer is not connected...

unless the BV board is messing with the NETPLEX "bus".

I got this machine in remembrance of my mother (she LOVED slots) and I'm really bummed...

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2020, 03:44:22 AM »
Is the printer enabled or disabled? If enabled you will get a comm error when it's unplugged. You need a key chip to disable it. Cabinets with the printer next to the reels can be hard to close & latch the door due to alignment issues. You can physically remove it to see if that is the problem. Is your BV ID024 netplex protocol? Installing a RS232 printer in a netplex machine will cause problems & throw a no disp error. At this point, I would confirm that the BV is correct, clear & key the machine disabling the printer in the key chip menu. If it's not connected when you set it up it should be disabled by default.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline bootlegcraig

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2020, 06:47:51 PM »
Hey All

The vendor send me a replacement board that the BV plugs into.

No dice. Still getting printer communication error with the no disp error coming up randomly.

This f'ing sucks...

Donation to board if anyone can help me.

Suffering in Santa Clarita

Craig

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2020, 07:26:02 PM »
Your having issues with a netplex device. When your getting the no disp you to see Netflix link down on the main display?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal