New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WTB - Konami Selexion software set  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
WTB - Konami Selexion software set
« on: November 28, 2020, 08:09:31 AM »
Machines CPU and games sold for more than the entire machine I had listed.  :cool_thumb_up:

Looking for a Selexion software set for a KP3.. The Force Of Legend game in it now blows and I want this machine gone! - The art on this game is a guy beating a lion with a club.. Like wtf.

Let me know if you have a set or if you want to get into a minty cab fully functional KP3 with Ivizion BV and clear card for the cheapest in the country (I think?)

:wave:

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 04:50:52 AM by Harvs »

Offline The laneman

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: WTB - Konami Selexion software set
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 02:39:43 PM »
Is it just a software change to make it a Selexion?Im getting a podium soon and was wondering what it takes to convert.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 03:25:52 PM »
Is it just a software change to make it a Selexion?Im getting a podium soon and was wondering what it takes to convert.
I'm not 100% sure but I think you need to have the latest CPU with red vid card.. If there's other stuff needed I will cancel this WTB..

I just want to put a game in it that will sell this thing before it gets parted out.

Offline Firebird

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Firebird New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 01:24:49 PM »
We have converted a few podium games to selexions just by adding the software, did not need to change anything but the CF cards. and maybe the buttons legends. Most of our selexions have the video button panels because of the different bets on the different games, but if you can select a max bet on every game that is the same, should be no problem.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 01:39:05 PM »
We have converted a few podium games to selexions just by adding the software, did not need to change anything but the CF cards. and maybe the buttons legends. Most of our selexions have the video button panels because of the different bets on the different games, but if you can select a max bet on every game that is the same, should be no problem.
Nice. Red vid card too? - There are a couple listed on ebay that have static decks so I assume it can run with them.

Happen to have a set for sale?

Offline The laneman

• Sr NLG Member
  • The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 02:46:57 PM »
Is there different sets of selexion games?Or are all the possible selexion games on one set?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 03:03:31 PM by The laneman »

Offline Mortal_One

• Mortal Gaming
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Mortal_One New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Mortal Gaming
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 02:24:15 PM »
Hi Harvs,

All you need is the Selexion Kit, once you have it you can RAM clear and setup the demon for each game in the kit, some come with 6, 8, 10 or 20. The 20 game versions are rare and ship on 16Gb CF cards.

There is no conversion needed and these Podiums if a user desires can move the guide rails in the logic box to host a K2V board if they like so swapping between legacy K2V or KP3 is very easy.

I had some but don't have any now, there are all of the slot vendors like Grandview, Elite Gaming, Ohio Slots, Etc they almost all have them kits. Points to remember is with KP3 there are only two OTP ROM's needed to run the platform ROM 1 and 3 and all Platform CF cards are able to run any KP3 game that is Type L marked. If you have a Type M marking on the batch number on the CF card it's not going to work on the KP3 it requires a different MPU board many call the KP3.5 its just a rev Konami made when they had many issues with the video cards both (Red and Blue).

I'll check around and see if anyone has a kit to send you.

Extra Unsolicited Info on the Vid cards but important for all who own, use or consider Konami to know.

One of the reasons these video cards go bad is when a user attempts to place a board K2V or KP3 into the logic cage chassis while powered off 65% of the time there is risk of blowing those cards and related components on those boards making the unbootable and need of repair. Problem is the surface mount resistors and capacitors, drivers and other PCB electronics are end of life and obsolete making the repair possible if there are donor boards one can harvest those parts from.

The backplane holds a charge when the power is cut or Power Supply is turned off because of bad engineering, its worth noting this because the power supply is also vulnerable to anyone attempting to place an MPU in the machine if it has recently been powered-up. This is because the high voltage 420V caps in those Power Supplies are holding charge the same as if they were plugged in. This than makes any attempt to insert an MPU board the same as doing it when the power is on with machine plugged in. The machines are not designed nor are the boards or backplanes built to withstand a HOTSWAP action like that.

Because Konami never intended the use case to accommodate board swapping resistors were never engineered to discharge the high voltage of the inverter boards in monitors or power supplies which is why Konami (Tovis, Kortek, and Wells Gardner) monitors are a hit or miss with well over 50% not working once they are powered up after having been powered off a long time.

If a customer of yours gets a machine from you and claims the game does not boot or board is bad it more often than not could be they attempted to replace is the work Konami support manuals use but better put is insert after removal that backplane charge is the enemy. The solution is to have all customers or users of Konami pull the power supply out of the backplane connector wait a few minutes before attempting to insert the board back in. Once the power supply is removed there is only the high voltage back feeding to the backplane from the 24volts the monitors inverter boards are holding charge for.

Lessens the chance of backfed power from monitors blowing up backplane boards, MPU boards or monitors and power supplies. High voltage resistors can discharge these capacitors if one were holding the inverter PCB but without a bridge resistor in between the power connector and the backplane to perform this job there will always be a risk of inserting a MPU board blowing things up.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 03:33:19 PM »
Great info, Thanks!

I do know about the 'unplug' before removing the CPU.. Crazy thing is when I got these KP3 machines I got a clear card that was corrupt or deleted etc and after I tried it a few times and was getting the error lights, it ruined a CPU. And as you know, these CPUs are literally worth more than a complete working machine! Ha.

What does a Selexion software set consist of, just 2-3 cards right? - I would love to get my hands on that so I could at least try and sell a machine for a little more than if I just sell the CPU.

:cool_thumb_up:

Offline The laneman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 05:41:38 PM »
I agree great info.Thanks for posting!

Offline Mortal_One

• Mortal Gaming
  • NLG
    • Mortal Gaming
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2020, 03:36:59 AM »
To run the Selexion software you'll need the standard platform CF card and the Selexion Game CF card and that is all.

I sold all of mine earlier this year otherwise I would have sold to you, but there are places that sell them I know I used to buy them there. I have purchased these from nearly 16 different places.

The reason I'm sure you don't want to go there as much as you say is because many of the places I bought mine we asking $500-600 for the CF card set which consists of either a 1Gb Platform CF and 4Gb or 16Gb Selexion CF card.

The game in my experience determines how fast it moves, if you get a less popular game it will take longer to sell and more popular and rare or scarce sells fast. But I'm not telling you a thing you didn't already know. There are two KP3 board variants the KP3 first rev found in most Podium, Slants and Monuments or KP3+ second rev found in most Concerto's, Concerto Slants and Concerto Opuses. Their variant of the board can run M type software and L type but not the other way around. A while back you were selling some KP3 game called Volcanic Rock Fire Twin Peaks and not sure if you knew or not that was Type M software which would not have run on the first gen KP3.

Also KP3 boards have traits that create compatibility issues with other mini games for example Quick Strike older version of Stand Alone Jackpot will only run with certain titles before the game was made its paired with. Anything newer than the date the stand alone jackpot card was made 90% of the time it won't boot and will throw and error saying its older and is not compatible with the installed game.

With Selexion you can't run any stand alone jackpot card unless it was made to be compatible with Selexion and many KP3 mini games are not.

Wish I had a kit I could help you out with, and I've not found anyone with them for sale whose not in the business of selling them to market.

If I hear of one I will share my intel.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2020, 05:00:28 AM »
More great info, thanks. - I don't plan to ever get any KP3 machines anymore but the Selexion is the route I'd take IF I happen to get one (forced) in the future.

I ended up selling the KP3 CPU and 9 complete games (cards and chips with all belly plex) separate for more than I was asking for the entire machine with the 9 games AND K2V..., then I just popped the K2V cpu in and traded that machine. - I was hoping to sell it all to make it faster but this worked out and made me almost 1k more, glad it worked out that way.

Here's a pic of the KP3 CPU.

:cool_thumb_up:

Offline Mortal_One

• Mortal Gaming
  • NLG
    • Mortal Gaming
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2020, 02:16:25 PM »
Hi Harvs,

Do you happen to know where I could get Player Tracking software from, to get the displays working on a Konami Podium?

And a bracket for the card readers on Konami's?

Text me and let me know if you have these?

Thanks, Buddy,

214-215-2311

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2020, 02:24:02 PM »
Hi Harvs,

Do you happen to know where I could get Player Tracking software from, to get the displays working on a Konami Podium?

And a bracket for the card readers on Konami's?

Text me and let me know if you have these?

Thanks, Buddy,

214-215-2311
Your inbox here is full so I emailed you direct to the email you gave me.

Offline Mortal_One

• Mortal Gaming
  • NLG
    • Mortal Gaming
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2020, 02:27:26 PM »
kalisjr@gmail.com?

I didn't get anything if you sent it already.

I need to clean out my inbox.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2020, 02:30:58 PM »
kalisjr@gmail.com?

I didn't get anything if you sent it already.

I need to clean out my inbox.
jrkalis@mail.com

Offline Mortal_One

• Mortal Gaming
  • NLG
    • Mortal Gaming
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 02:32:37 PM »
Hi Harvs,

that is the right one

Thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal