New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB Piggy Bankin 5 Coin Tilt Codes  (Read 6746 times)

Offline formertexan

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • formertexan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
BB Piggy Bankin 5 Coin Tilt Codes
« on: August 28, 2023, 03:04:53 PM »
 :nlg-logo: :More_Info_Please:I just got back my Big Bang Piggy Bankin 5 coin Slot machine (Model Williams 40S5) that I had stored at my friend's home.  It was working when it left my home.
NOW, when I turn it on, I get the code battl.  I've opened the main door and in the card cage where the 2 circuit boards are ALL 5 red lites (LEDS) are lit.  At the far left of the same board, there is a red LED lite that is also lit. When I bought and received the machine years ago, the card cage door was open and the wiring had been rewired.  There is a push button switch wired to the wires and two of the wires are not connected to anything.  There is no diagnostic button. 

If I push the push button switch by the cage door, I then get a tilt 5191.  Does anyone know what this code is?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 08:11:06 AM by formertexan »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Tilt Codes
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 03:22:28 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's telling you the battery is low.  Check it and replace if necessary.

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 03:24:17 PM »
How do I replace the battery?

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 03:29:08 PM »
I checked the 5 led (red) lights in the cage and they are all on.  Is this how to check to see if your battery is low?  If I have to replace the battery is there a link in the forums as how to replace the battery?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 04:24:05 PM »
You'll have to remove the MPU board from the machine and check it with a multimeter.  The battery is on the lower board on the right left side.   I'm not aware of a link showing how to replace it, but you can use the search function on the forum and see if it returns any results.  If not, check google too, sometimes people post youtube videos and it will pick those up as well.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 07:11:34 PM »
Please remember NEVER REMOVE ANY BOARD OR COMPONET WITH THE POWER ON. Or you will  :burningresistor: things.

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2023, 09:20:03 PM »
OK thank you.

Offline playklax01

• playklax01 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2023, 05:55:12 AM »
The battery is typically easily replaceable, but it's possible it's soldered in (depends who had the machine before you).  It might be just sitting there clipped in like any other battery, or it may be in a plastic cage.  It should be quite obvious to locate when you remove the MPU (with the power off!).  It uses a 1/2 AA 3.6v size, can get it on Amazon for cheap. 

"Battl" is the battery low tilt.  The one with the numbers is strange, WMS tilts are in words.  I'd start at the battery anyway, see if that clears up the rest of the problem.  Depending how low the battery got, it's possible the machine may need a clear when you replace it.  Do you have a clear chip available? 

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2023, 08:16:51 AM »
I'm attaching (hopefully), 3 photos.  Is this the battery you are talking about?
I think I have a clear chip.  I haven't had the machine for over 5 years.  It was stored at a friend's home.  I have chips.  What is the number of the clear chip?

Thank you

Offline playklax01

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2023, 11:54:17 AM »
Yes, that's the battery.  I don't know the number of the clear chip.  But start by replacing that and see what the machine does next.

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2023, 12:37:31 PM »
Thanks much.  I'm going to pick up the battery within the next hour.

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2023, 03:52:55 PM »

I bought the battery and installed it. 
I turned the machine on and it booted up a little.

No Bong and the the screen showed "Williams Dotmation + (tm)) Ver 5.13
It sat like this for about 20 seconds with nothing happening, then the screen went off.
It's setting like this, nothing showing in the Credits, etc.  The reels haven't turned.
The green light on the left and right of the bill validator are flashing green.  There is a bill validator in the machine, but no money box for the bills to go into.  If I remember right, when I first bought and received the machine, the owner told me to put a piece of tape over something in the empty bill box.  If that is true, I can't remember where the tape went.
Are the green lights supposed to be flashing on the validator?
Do I need to clear the machine?

Help....

Don

« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 08:33:28 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline playklax01

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2023, 06:39:54 AM »
That symptom is usually of a bad lower power supply.  It's an odd coincidence that it worked when the battery was low, but now died when it was replaced, so it may not necessarily be that.  It's possible, but timing is a little sus.  Don't worry about the bill acceptor, it wouldn't be the focus here.  With the power off, I'd remove and check both the MPU and I/O boards for any foreign material/object on them, top and bottom.  I once had a machine that would frequently and randomly freeze up for no reason, the cause was a little piece of tape that got on the underneath of the MPU board...  After that, reseat the I/O and MPU boards and make sure they're tight in there (but don't go overboard!). 

You should have at least gotten the bong sound.  I take it the reels are loose too?  That would mean the MPU isn't getting any power.  If it needed a clear, it would tell you on the front display like the battery did.
After you reseat the boards, check the I/O board again for the 5 lights and that they're all on.  If you see the middle 3 out, or the fail LED on, that would be a bad power supply.  The Dotmation screen above will work independently since it has it's own power and controller. 

If you weren't aware already, the power supplies in WMS machines are the Achilles heel of them.  But before we take further steps with this, let's start here and see where things stand after. 

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2023, 08:08:38 AM »
On Big Bang Piggy Bankin  I/O Board.  Are the 5 red LED lights supposed to light up or be OFF?  Also, the far left LED light that says FAIL..That should be off?    In other words, are all the lights supposed to be off?  If ALL are on, what does that mean?  If the 2nd red light from Left to Right is on, what does that mean?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 09:29:15 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline playklax01

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2023, 09:11:11 AM »
On Big Bang Piggy Bankin  I/O Board.  Are the 5 red LED lights supposed to light up or be OFF?  Also, the far left LED light that says FAIL..That should be off?    In other words, are all the lights supposed to be off?  If ALL are on, what does that mean?  If the 2nd red light from Left to Right is on, what does that mean?

All 5 lights should be ON.  The Fail light should be OFF.  If you have any combo except 5 lights on, then something is wrong.  Traditionally from what I've seen from a bad power supply is that the outer lights are on with the 3 inner lights off.  Each light represents what voltages are present, from 5v through 18v.  What are yours showing? 

If all are out, you have no voltages at all.  If all are on (including the Fail), you have all voltages but something is still wrong (maybe the volts are out of range).  If the 2nd from the left is on (and the only one on), you have +12v and that's it. 

Offline playklax01

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2023, 09:23:36 AM »
Looking back on your first post with the pics, it does look like the Fail LED is ON.  You have the 5 others lit.  I attached the section of the Williams manual going over these scenarios, so you can hear it right from the horse's mouth. :)

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2023, 12:03:06 PM »
On Saturday I took all the connections off my power supply and took it to Best Buy to see if they could check it out for me.  I told them the power failure was lit and the 3rd red light wasn't lit (-12V).  They said they wouldn't check it out for me, because it might ruin their equipment.  They said that all five slots on the bottom of the I/O board were interchangeable.  They said if one of the lights was out and there was an open slot I could take the one that wasn't lit and put it in the open slot.  I came back home and put everything back together.  I don't remember if the fail light was out or not.
I tried removing the XU-3 chip and installing the Williams 25C in its place.  I finally got all five lights lit and the fail light was out. 
The reels turned around for the first time and this (pictures attatched) is what was on my machine.I wasn't sure what to do.  I finally turned off machine.  Now I am getting the failure light lite up again on my I/O board.  Is this my power supply?  Pictures are in order as they came up on screen.  I had the Williams 25C slot in the XU3 slot. I can't send any more pictures.  This is what the last 2 pictures showed..
40   0    0    25     6       the last picture showed     Stnd            I didn't know what to do, I just turned off the machine
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 08:16:14 AM by formertexan »

Offline playklax01

• NLG
Re: BB Piggy Bankin 5 Coin Tilt Codes
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2023, 03:30:39 PM »
Ok, it sounds like you potentially cleared the ram, which is what the manual suggests to when you get the "ram match" error (first picture).  "ram match" is when the game data in RAM does not match the data stored in the EEPROM on the backplane.  The 40 0 0 25 is a good sign that the ram clear is in process.  The other messages are your jurisdiction jumpers and the other set (forget what those are, don't touch them!).  Did you cycle all the way through (pressing the red button on the cage door) until a 'clr' message appeared?  If not, do that (assuming you still have the clear chip installed).  If you eventually get a 'clr', you're doing good.  If you get that message, turn the machine off and carefully swap back in the X3 game chip and see what happens.  I've had games where I had to do a hard clear (with that chip) multiple times before it 'took'.  Let us know what happens next!

Offline playklax01

• NLG
Re: BB Piggy Bankin 5 Coin Tilt Codes
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2023, 03:44:00 PM »
Actually I got a little ahead of myself.  Your ram may be cleared already.  Try putting back in the game XU3 chip and see what the screen says.  It should say 'clr' at this point.  Press the red button on the cage door.
 It may also say "game change", press the same button then it should say 'clr'. 

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2023, 06:11:41 PM »
I turned on the machine again and the FAIL light came on again.  Four of the red lights are lit.  The 3rd (-12v) is NOT lit. 

If I don't have my I/O board pushed all the way into the slots at the end, could this give me a (fail)?  Also the CPU board?

I took out my Williams 25C chip and put the game chip back into XU3 slot.  I'm STILL getting the "fail" light "on"  and the 3rd(-12v) red light is out.

Could this be my power supply?  If so, can I buy one from someone on this forum?  Also I read the post about replacing the power supply with a pc power drive.  Is this advisable, and also hard to do?

Also,  How do you get the NEW to show up when you post a new reply to your previous posts?

I just turned 83 on August 18, and I am STILL willing to try and learn NEW things; if given the chance.

Thanks to everyone who has answered my posts so far.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 08:17:08 AM by formertexan »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal