New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS Monopoly Money Bonus Wheel Questions  (Read 775 times)

Offline Pinaddicted

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Pinaddicted New User has no influence.
  • NLG
WMS Monopoly Money Bonus Wheel Questions
« on: December 13, 2023, 09:46:18 AM »
I have some questions about the bonus wheel function/activation on this game. The slot works great except for a few quirks when it comes to certain reel positions that do not trigger the bonus wheel spin. The bonus spin is triggered by getting a wheel showing on all three reels, each reel has two or more positions that have the wheel.

Reel 1 has (2) wheel positions.
Reel 2 has (3) wheel positions.
Reel 3 has (2) wheel positions.

There are times when 3 wheels are showing on the reels and it doesn't trigger the bonus wheel spin. It appears that each reel has a wheel position that does nothing. If the reels land on one or more of those (dead) positions, the bonus spin is not activated.

Are there different reel strips or game versions for Monopoly Money?
Could it be that the reel strips don't match the game version, everything else plays and pays correctly.

Offline Pinballwizard55

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Pinballwizard55 New User has no influence.
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: WMS Monopoly Money Bonus Wheel Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 10:01:18 AM »
Is it possible that the strips are on the wrong reels or off by one or more positions ?

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 10:11:59 AM »
Is it possible that the strips are on the wrong reels or off by one or more positions ?

The money bags, 7's, 2x, and bars all pay correctly. The only issue is what was previously mentioned.

Offline playklax01

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • playklax01 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 10:45:49 AM »
Go into the diag section and run the testing showing the reel positions to verify they are in fact correctly aligned and the right strips are on the right reels.  While it used to be the case, I wouldn't think today they'd be a different set of reel strips for a different version of the software as everything can be configured in software to do what they want.   

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 02:30:59 PM »
Make sure that when the wheels show up that the main reel symbol is in one of the 9 positions on the 3x3 matrix.  The bonus wheel symbol on this machine is shown on the bottom part of the main reel symbol, thus when the main reel that has the wheel symbol lands in a position that is just above the first horizonal payline, it appears as if the symbol is on the pay window, but it is not. So if this happens when the wheel symbol shows up on the very top of the reel, that is probably why.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2023, 04:41:10 PM »
Make sure that when the wheels show up that the main reel symbol is in one of the 9 positions on the 3x3 matrix.  The bonus wheel symbol on this machine is shown on the bottom part of the main reel symbol, thus when the main reel that has the wheel symbol lands in a position that is just above the first horizonal payline, it appears as if the symbol is on the pay window, but it is not. So if this happens when the wheel symbol shows up on the very top of the reel, that is probably why.

I am aware of the top section where a wheel is visible but not on the payline. The instances I mentioned earlier are clearly on a payline and don't register. It is always the same symbol on each reel that doesn't register, no matter which payline it lands on.

Reel 1 has two different single bars with the wheel, the one between the 2x and 7 never registers. (except for normal payouts)
Reel 2 has three different wheel symbols, the 7 between the Single bar and double bar never registers. (except for normal payouts)
Reel 3 has two different wheel symbols, the single bar between the two triple bars never registers. (except for normal payouts)

Yes, I realize the first reel has to land on a wheel for any of the others to register.

I have no idea how to enter the diagnostics on this machine to run tests, and definitely don't want to screw up some other setting.

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2023, 10:11:21 PM »
Go into the diag section and run the testing showing the reel positions to verify they are in fact correctly aligned and the right strips are on the right reels.  While it used to be the case, I wouldn't think today they'd be a different set of reel strips for a different version of the software as everything can be configured in software to do what they want.   

I did explore a little and figured out how to get into the attendant screen with minimal options, and also how to get into the main menu with all the setup/configuration options. I didn't dig around in the main menu too much for fear of changing something accidentally.

Could there be an option in the settings to eliminate a wheel position on each reel to minimize the bonus spins? In reality that appears to be the way this game is set up.

I don't believe the reels are incorrect or misplaced because everything else pays correctly.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 07:06:49 AM by Pinaddicted »

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2023, 01:27:29 PM »
I may have figured this out, it appears there are two versions of this game. The reel strips are slightly different in both the videos below. The bonus wheels are also different, one has larger payout numbers. After watching these videos several times, I've noticed the second video doesn't have the 3 (one each reel) inactive wheel symbols like on my reel strips.

The first video is identical to my machine, including the reel strips and smaller bonus wheel payouts. It actually has spins with 3 wheels showing and no bonus spin like mine.  :Scratch-Head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iuXSRhyZac

Did they change the reel strips to cut down on the player confusion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vp8rh9ZTEM

« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 02:34:08 PM by Pinaddicted »

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2023, 04:57:27 PM »
There are clearly 2 different sets of reel strips, and 2 different bonus wheel values for this game.

Is there somewhere in the setup to choose what hardware is being used, or are there 2 different software programs?

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2023, 02:00:44 PM »
Does anyone have a comment to the question in the previous post?

I made a WTB post for some reel strips, they do exist.

It would be great if I could program the game for the strips that I have.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2023, 04:16:07 PM »
If there are 2 different strip sets for the same game, it will use different software.  WMS has done that in the past for other reel games as well, the 5 reel Stroke of Luck comes to mind.  It had a different set of strips depending on how many lines the game had.  The two versions shown on the videos you posted are 9 and 10 lines versions.  Either the software will have both 9 and 10 payline versions during the setup where you pick the paytable holdback, or you need a different version of the software.  What is the firmware version you have?  It would look something like sdb5-000-1000 the 1st 4 digits are the important ones, that tells you the game type, the last 4 digits are just version updates to fix issues or to comply with additional jurisdictional requirements.  The middle number I've never seen anything other than 000.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2023, 04:31:09 PM »
I also noticed that at around the 5:35 mark of the 10 line version, he hits a combo with 3 wheel symbols clearly within the 9x9 matrix.  Not only did not make the anticipatory noise, but it didn't award the spin.  Does the 10 line version only do the bonus spin when the 3 wheels line on an active payline or scatter?  Is it the same for the 9 line version?

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2023, 06:41:02 PM »
Thanks for the reply!!!

My game card is... SE8A-000-1000   The OS version is... NS0S-000-4066

This one is set up as a 9 line.

There was an extra OS card laying in the cabinet... NSOS-000-4021

My game awards the bonus spin with the wheels both scattered, and in line. (except for the 3 unrecognized wheel symbols mentioned earlier) I have no idea how the 10 line game awards bonus spins, I assume the same? Do I need a clear card to check/change the payline settings?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2023, 11:51:10 PM »
There is an SDB6 version on E-bay, I'm wondering if that will work.  I'm not sure you can look up the paytable variations without doing a clear.  If you don't have a clear card, you should source one anyway, one day your battery will die out and you will need to clear the machine. The OS card does not matter typically as long as it fulfills the game family requirement.  (although there are exceptions, but not paytable related).

Before you clear, I suggest you take screenshots of the settings, especially the progressive settings.  Did the person/comopany that sold you the machine not provide you with a clear card, that is highly unusual in my experience.

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2023, 07:05:02 AM »
I saw that software on eBay but being a newbie to all of this, it just looks like what I have.  :Scratch-Head: lol

I recently acquired this game, and two BB2 machines from a friend. There were no clear cards included in the deal, (I doubt he would know how to use them) I've ordered one for the BB2's though. He said there were 2 extra cards in one of the machines, but the extra BB3 OS card is all I've seen so far, it was sitting on the reel shelf of the Monopoly Money machine.

Finding a new set of reel strips with the 1-2-1 bonus wheel symbol configuration would remedy all this confusion.

Thanks for the help!!!

Merry Christmas
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 08:23:59 AM by Pinaddicted »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal