New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S Plus handle coil not working and no reel stop sound  (Read 1136 times)

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: IGT S Plus handle coil not working and no reel stop sound
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2024, 08:41:19 AM »
  I do realize I will have to switch the board from the slant top tray to the upright tray.
 Do I have to do anything to reset the machine to get into diagnostics to test the handle coil?  I have not done a lot with the S Plus machines so I could really use some guidance. Would it be better to just switch the chips on the board? If so what chips do I have to switch.
I was thinking if it ends up being the CPU board I could maybe just switch the two boards since the slant top machine does not need the handle coil functionality.
   I would really appreciate any direction someone could give me.

Thanks

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2024, 12:18:16 PM »
Keep things simple.
Swap the mpus, the GAME & REEL proms, and throw a coin in - to see if the handle works.

If it works, go follow these instructions to enable the DBV...>>>
http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/dbv.htm
It's that simple!
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline newkid3

• newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2024, 03:04:36 PM »
Ok I was able to get back at this machine. I was out of town on and off for awhile and have not been able to really work on it. I decided I was going to check the voltage at D3 before I swapped the boards and had to go through all that trouble since I dont have a set chip for S Plus machines.
I checked the voltage on both sides of D3 and it showed 12.5 volts AC. Where should I have been hooking for ground?
Anyway I was like I have voltage there at least. So I checked at the coil again and got no voltage. So then I turned the machine off and checked all of the connectors and wiring like was suggested. I  had one plug that seemed like it was not on good. So I turned the machine back on and got into the 16-0 test. I checked the voltage at the coil spade connectors at the coil and I had 25 volts AC without the coil hooked up.
So I turned the machine off and just hooked the connectors to the coil and left it kinda hanging. Got back into 16-0 test but the coil did not pull in. I did push the spin button and pulled the handle to make sure it changed to 16-1 and that I was in the right test.
The way the coil is hooked up in the pic is the way it was when I unhooked it and the way I hooked it back up.
So the coil is bad I guess.
I ohmed  out the coil and it was 16.7 ohms. Is there anything that can be done to fix this coil or do I have to replace it?
If I have to replace it are they available or do I have to find a good used one?

Thanks

Offline twinfire

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • twinfire New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2024, 08:04:57 PM »
Is there anything that can be done to fix this coil or do I have to replace it?

Hi newkid3,
I believe Jim answered your question in his reply #8

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2024, 11:32:10 AM »
Ok something weird is going on here. I ordered a complete coil setup from Jim on here and it looks brand new. Well I installed it and still no coil functionality. So then I started doing some more testing. The two coil spade connectors measure 25.7v AC at all times. When it is not in
16-0 test mode and when it is in 16-0 test mode. I am taking the reading with one of my meter probes in each of the spade connectors with the coil not hooked up. 25.7v AC is on those two spade connectors all of the time.
But if I hook my old coil or this new coil up to those spade connectors neither one of them will even try to pull in.
I am sure there is not suppose to be 25v there all of the time.
Anyone have any idea what could be going on here?

Thanks

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2024, 06:40:59 PM »
Yes, you are correct, that is a brand new coil assembly, tested in a machine by me before I shipped it,  you are not getting a ground return from the cpu or wiring or Q-16 . according to the schematic, that 24 volt return comes out J-1, pins 14a and 14b.

unhook both spade connectors on the coil, now measure each one at a time using pin 1 (green wire)on the six pin power connector as your return, one of them will have 24vac on it, mark that connector, and only put that one on the coil, leave the other off and nothing connected to that connector, now run a wire from the same green wire (pin 1 ) on the six pin connector and touch it to the empty connector, this should energize your coil.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2024, 02:35:07 PM »
Ok I switched the boards and chips between my upright machine that was having this problem and my slant top machine. I got the upright Haywire machine that the handle coil would not work in all cleared and ready to play. The handle coil and reel sound from coil now works. So I can pull the handle now. I did not have to enable the bill validator because it already worked.
  I am having an issue with getting my slat top machine back up and running. I can get it to 61_1 error but it will not do anything after that.
  I will start a new topic on the issue with my slant top since it is a  totally different issue.

Thanks for the help

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal