New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bill Validator  (Read 12716 times)

Offline Draco_Elessar

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Draco_Elessar New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bill Validator
« on: May 07, 2016, 04:02:23 PM »
I recently got a IGT S+ Carson City Double Diamonds (I think) and the bill validator is not working. From the research I have done I think it only needs a SET015 chip to enable it. The issue is that I'm not sure if the bill validator works. During startup it does make a noise. Is there a way to test to see if the bill validator is working? Pictures below.

The machine has a SP731 chip and a Reel 0 1915 chip.

An

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bill Validator
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 04:26:39 PM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

Does it illuminate after cycling up?
And, will it take a bill at all? Or take and reject a bill?
Try just a clean one dollar bill.
Can you see if it's a WBA 12? I see WBA on a sticker...
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Crash0

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Crash0 New User barely matters.Crash0 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 04:52:02 PM »
2nd pic, WBA 11 on the chip
AD/HD Highwa....Oh hey look squirrel!!

Offline Draco_Elessar

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 06:01:16 PM »
:NLG_WELCOME:

Does it illuminate after cycling up?
And, will it take a bill at all? Or take and reject a bill?
Try just a clean one dollar bill.
Can you see if it's a WBA 12? I see WBA on a sticker...
Thanks!

It does not illuminate.
It will not take any bills. I have tried a few different types. I'mn not sure if the BV is off or just not sencing bills.
WBA 11-SS

In the Self Test the bill acceptor display and bill acceptor pay mode is off.

Offline Crash0

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Crash0 New User barely matters.Crash0 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 07:29:52 PM »
Open up your door, and press the white self test button until 9 is in the coins played window. Look in the winner paid window and see if it is 1 or 0, if 0 you will need a set chip then can go from there.
AD/HD Highwa....Oh hey look squirrel!!

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 09:24:26 PM »
I'm no expert on bill acceptors, but I don't think that a WBA-11.. Don't the WBA need to be flashed to be programmed? That one has the EPROM setup that's on the bottom of the WBA -13. To me it looks like someone thought they could run the firmware from the WBA-11 in the WBA-13.  I believe the wiring is different too between the WBA-11, and the 12/13 versions.  :Scratch-Head:

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 10:01:34 PM »
During startup it does make a noise. Is there a way to test to see if the bill validator is working? Pictures below.

Can you describe the "noise" it makes on power-up?  When I was installing a DBV on my S+ the first one I received was bad.  It made 5 short repeated sounds (IIRC?) while the good one does a totally different initialization sound.   

Offline Draco_Elessar

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 05:51:54 AM »
Open up your door, and press the white self test button until 9 is in the coins played window. Look in the winner paid window and see if it is 1 or 0, if 0 you will need a set chip then can go from there.

It's 0 or off. I was wondering if there was a way to test it without using a set chip. Do you need the values to be on to test the BV?

I'm no expert on bill acceptors, but I don't think that a WBA-11.. Don't the WBA need to be flashed to be programmed? That one has the EPROM setup that's on the bottom of the WBA -13. To me it looks like someone thought they could run the firmware from the WBA-11 in the WBA-13.  I believe the wiring is different too between the WBA-11, and the 12/13 versions.  :Scratch-Head:

Gary

From what I have read online only the even series (like WBA-12) are flash, but I might be mistaken.

Can you describe the "noise" it makes on power-up?  When I was installing a DBV on my S+ the first one I received was bad.  It made 5 short repeated sounds (IIRC?) while the good one does a totally different initialization sound.   

One medium to short noise. Oops! :duh:  One medium to long. Like its testing the motors.

I did find this [size=78%]http://old.jcm-american.com/products/v_software_update.asp?id_num=2343[/size]
I tried to put it in test mode but it did nothing. When the power was applied the BV did not test itself.
Right now all the dipswitches are off.

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 06:48:11 AM »

Gary

Amechanic is right. 11 and 13s are eprom. 10 and 12 are flashed. A WBA 11 eprom will not work in a WBA 13 transport. 11 is a 1Mgb chip and 13 is a 4 Mgb. And correctly stated the wiring harness for the two are different. So to run a WBA 13 in a S+ you need to have the 4Mgb chip and have it programmed with the I Mgb program. 11s use and IDO 23 program and 13s use IDO 24. the 24 allows a 4 way acceptance. The 23 is only 1 way. And you need a wire harness from an S2000 machine. I hope I've made this clear as mud. (sorry)  :banghead: 

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 07:05:35 AM »
Ok after pulling the WBA 13 and WBA 11 transports out and taking a look. That transport is a WBA 11. It's very different from my 13. And identical to the other. You have an 11 with 11 firmware. So..... I say enable the validator with the set 15 and see what happens. You'll have to use non colored money. I use 50 and 100s in mine. Still can find both. But I have version 3.00-3 in mine.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 08:12:59 AM »
Thanks Dave for great advice.  First thing I stated was that mine no expert on the WBA's.  :duh:  I didn't know that the WBA-11 was EPROM and not flashed  :Scratch-Head:  I thought the WBA-13 was the first one. Still learning.. I'll sit back and let the experts figure this one out.  :wave:

Gary

Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 08:54:47 AM »
Gary you're welcome. Yeah the 10 and 12 flashed 11 and 13 EPROM. I got a lesson on these with an S2k with a 12 then changed to a 13. And the an S+ with a 11 and upgraded to a 13. Turned out good and I got lots of great advice here. Buzz even jumped in and helped me.  :hail:  You're only an "expert" when you work with what you know. I have seen your posts and your expertise is way more vast than mine.  :yes:

Dave

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 09:58:54 AM »
Here's a pic of the WBA 11ss and the 13ss for reference. A few differences. The connectors on the 11 side easy to pick out. 11 left 13 right.

Dave

Offline Draco_Elessar

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2016, 04:12:36 PM »

Gary

Amechanic is right. 11 and 13s are eprom. 10 and 12 are flashed. A WBA 11 eprom will not work in a WBA 13 transport. 11 is a 1Mgb chip and 13 is a 4 Mgb. And correctly stated the wiring harness for the two are different. So to run a WBA 13 in a S+ you need to have the 4Mgb chip and have it programmed with the I Mgb program. 11s use and IDO 23 program and 13s use IDO 24. the 24 allows a 4 way acceptance. The 23 is only 1 way. And you need a wire harness from an S2000 machine. I hope I've made this clear as mud. (sorry)  :banghead: 

Dave

Thank you for the clarification and help!

To upgrade the machine to take most new bills would these work?
http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=40&product_id=2028
http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=40&product_id=3379

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2016, 04:29:27 PM »
Thank you for the clarification and help!

To upgrade the machine to take most new bills would these work?
http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=40&product_id=2028
http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=40&product_id=3379
[/quote]

Yes and no. The transport is a WBA 13 and it will work. The harness is correct for the transport and it will work. If you notice they ask for the ID0 for your machine. This is where it gets tricky. You need ID 023/024 program loaded to an ID 024 EPROM. You need to have the 22/23 to run with the S+ machine and the 24 EPROM to run the transport. You can use the head you have on the new transport. You're making a Hybrid here. It can be done but needs to be done correctly. I would ask them specifically if they would do this firmware for you. Good luck.

Dave

P.S. You cannot use the EPROM from an ID 022/23 game in a WBA 13. The earlier chips are a 1 Mgb and the ID 024 are a 4 Mgb chip. You have to put the earlier program on the later EPROM.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 04:58:44 PM »
Dave,

If I may step in here, you're a little off on this quote:

"P.S. You cannot use the EPROM from an ID 022/23 game in a WBA 13. The earlier chips are a 1 Mgb and the ID 024 are a 4 Mgb chip. You have to put the earlier program on the later EPROM."

What you need to run a WBA 12/13 is ID023 software. The last version offered was V3.75-03 which will run all bills thru the new $5. New $100 software is not available for the S Plus to my knowledge. You do not put WBA 11 software on a 4mb chip. You do not put ID024 software in a S Plus either.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 05:18:09 PM »
Dave,

If I may step in here, you're a little off on this quote:

"P.S. You cannot use the EPROM from an ID 022/23 game in a WBA 13. The earlier chips are a 1 Mgb and the ID 024 are a 4 Mgb chip. You have to put the earlier program on the later EPROM."

What you need to run a WBA 12/13 is ID023 software. The last version offered was V3.75-03 which will run all bills thru the new $5. New $100 software is not available for the S Plus to my knowledge. You do not put WBA 11 software on a 4mb chip. You do not put ID024 software in a S Plus either.

Ok I seemed to misunderstand the information given me... How do you run ID 023 software on a 4 Mgb EPROM (ID 024). I asked for that specifically and was sent a chip. Did I ask wrong? Or did I just need to ask for the version? They seemed to know what I wanted.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 05:28:18 PM »
You use ID023 software specifically for WBA 12/13 not for WBA 10/11. The last to my knowledge is V3.75-03i. It uses a 4 meg chip (4001) 90ns or faster. PM me your email address please.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 05:38:49 PM »
Ok, we seem to be mixing up IDO's and eproms here: 

IDO 24 is IGT protocol used on S2000's and iGames. (i960 platform).
IDO 22/23 is IGT protocol used on S+ and PE+ Games.

WBA11's used a 1 Mbit eprom
WBA13's used a 4 Mbit eprom

You can write IDO24 on a 1Mbit eprom as long as the firmware was meant for a WBA11. REALLY early S2000's and iGames had this as part of their setup.  I personally have never seen the setup, but I've been assured by vendors that they have seen them come across some early machines.

There are eproms on a 4Mbit eprom that have the IDO 22/23 firmware on them.  The last version is 3.75 and it will accept up to the new $5 on S+ and PE+ games.
There are eproms on a 1Mbit eprom that have the IDO 22/23 firmware on them.  The last version is 3.60 and it will accept up to the new $10 on S+ and PE+ games.

There are eproms on a 4Mbit eprom that have IDO 24 firmware on them.  The last version is 3.80 and it will accept up to the new $100 on S2000's and iGames.
There are eproms on a 1Mbit eprom that have IDO 24 firmware on them.  The last version is 3.60 and it will accept up to the new $10 on S2000's and iGames.

So if you have a WBA 11, you cannot use a 4Mbit eprom and are limited to the latest version of the software which is new $10's.
If you have a WBA13 on an S+, the latest software is 3.75 and it will take up to the new $5's
If you have a WBA13 on an S2000 or iGame, the latest software is 3.80 and it will take up to the new $100.

If you want to convert from a WBA11 to a WBA 13.  You will need a new transport and connecting harness on the rear of the dbv cage to match the rear connector on the WBA13.  You will also require the 4Mbit eprom for whatever machine you have.  You can use the ame bill head (the little square box that pulls out from the assembly).
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2016, 05:43:59 PM »
Very well explained Rick. Kudos!

:cool_thumb_up:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal