New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bluebird 2 (NXT2) Conversion TIME!  (Read 7585 times)

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Bluebird 2 (NXT2) Conversion TIME!
« on: September 15, 2014, 02:10:27 AM »
I am getting closer to upgrade my MPU to a BB2 NXT 2 MPU...

Of course I have some questions....

1) When upgrading, do I need to replace anything else besides the MPU (backplane, power, ect)??

2) Will games like Zeus and Jungle Wild that run on SSOS still work? I noticed that those two games don't have an option for the OLED deck. I have seen these two games updated running on a BB2.. They also added the cash out sounds on these games.

I know I need widescreen games, but will get to that after the MPU upgrade...

Excited and closer to Vampire's Embrace and Kronos...  :drool04:

Charles
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bluebird 2 (NXT2) Conversion TIME!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 07:21:09 AM »
1) When upgrading, do I need to replace anything else besides the MPU (backplane, power, ect)??

2) Will games like Zeus and Jungle Wild that run on SSOS still work? I noticed that those two games don't have an option for the OLED deck. I have seen these two games updated running on a BB2.. They also added the cash out sounds on these games.

I know I need widescreen games, but will get to that after the MPU upgrade...

Excited and closer to Vampire's Embrace and Kronos...  :drool04:
Charles

1. No, just the MPU "Box" will work.
2. Games that use SSOS will not work, only those with SSG.  Also not all BB2 games work with the OLED deck.  Notably some the earlier BB1.5 type games like Top Gun and a few others I can't recall at the moment.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 11:59:02 AM »

1. No, just the MPU "Box" will work.
2. Games that use SSOS will not work, only those with SSG.  Also not all BB2 games work with the OLED deck.  Notably some the earlier BB1.5 type games like Top Gun and a few others I can't recall at the moment.

Thanks and I guess I can find Zeus and Jungle Wild that runs on SSG?
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 01:40:46 PM »
In WMS's site it says that Zeus and Jungle Wild are available for bluebird 2 platform.  The ones I have use the older SSOS type OS, but there maybe newer versions that work with newer OS?  Something to look into.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 02:32:04 PM »
There is a version of Zeus out there available, don't know about Jungle Wild. The Zeus takes a 512 card.

Dan (tacman)

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 06:46:02 AM »
I haven't seen a BB2 version of Jungle Wild but I do have the BB2 version of Zeus playing in my machine right now.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline KirkLasVegas

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • KirkLasVegas New User has no influence.
  • Yoda dog!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 08:02:26 PM »
I MUST get this game sooner or later.....for sentimental reasons (it looks just like Mr. Grumbles)...he passed away at age 14....

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 08:58:33 PM »
There's another one called OMG Kittens, which my mother loves.  Funny, though she doesn't like cats in the house, but in the game, they are OH so cute!

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 03:42:19 PM »
Hello everyone.

So have a look at this and tell me this guy knows what he is talking about.......... :Scratch-Head:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wms-BB2-Ruby-Slipper-Game-Software-Wit-Board-/261616070982?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Read the description and please post comments.

Thanks

Steve

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 04:22:09 PM »
What's the issue?  He shows the game working in a BB1 cabinet using BB2 CPU, a BB1.5.  His English is poor though.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 04:34:33 PM »
If you just want the game for a lot less and use your TSE board instead of his fooler board then try this auction.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251662728491?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Offline iramack

• iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 05:13:19 PM »
He says it will work in a BB1 dual screen game. Is that possible?

By the way, when you put a NXT2 cpu in a dual screen 1 cabinet, what happens to the tse-tse board in the equation?   As far as I understand, the top screen is meant to plug into the cpu directly so would the vga cable need to be routed around and down to the cpu box and bypass the tse-tse board?  What happens if you leave the setup as is and just swap out the cpu box for a NXT2 ?  Will the game just ignore the top box electronics which are connected via the backplane?

Sorry if I seem ignorant about this but it's prolly in my future to upgrade to NXT 2.

Thanks

Steve

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 07:27:01 PM »
1.  The game needs a bb2 CPU, it will not work on a bb1 cpu.
2.  It will work on a dual screen bb1 cabinet, but you connect the video output of the top monitor to the bb2 cpu.
3.  You leave everything else in the top box connected the way it is, other than the monitor.

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 07:48:51 AM »
Hello all.

Just as an FYI, I am running Zeus 2 on my BB1 Dual Screen (ebb hardware/button) and it runs fine.  Don't know if this is actually newsworthy, but thought I would post anyway.

Cheers,

Steve :yes:

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 08:16:10 AM »
Zeus 2 is a dual platform game.  Plays on BB1 or BB2.  See WMS link below

http://www.wms.com/Games/Video/BonusBank/HotHotSuperRespin/Pages/zeusii.aspx

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 02:47:06 PM »
My progress.

Seemed to go very easy. I decided to go with a Ceronix monitor, even tho I had problems with them in the past but this monitor is pretty good. I should of listened to Rick about getting a WIDE VIEWING ANGLE, but I am still very happy.

I have not figured out what to do with the top box yet, as it's a round top, but I wasn't going to let that stop me. It's fine for now until I can get a square box.

The bezel around the front of the monitor I still haven't finished. I would like it to be nicer than what is shown. I will figure that out in the coming weeks. If anyone has some good tips, let me know.

I have posted pics on what I did to secure the monitor. I used curtain rob holders and modified them a bit. The screw on the back clears the speakers flawlessly. On the bottom,  I have since added bottom brackets in the middle for extra security.

I also had to remove the SPN power plug for the 22" screen so I need to find out if I can run it to the topbox instead of piggybacking.

I want to give a shout out to RICK for helping me along in this process! I appreciate the patience buddy!

Time for an OLED panel and a bezel and it would look even better!

-------
Charles

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 02:48:39 PM »
a few more pics
-------
Charles

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal