New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Ceronix 1492-H Black monitor  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Karloz25

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Karloz25 New User has no influence.
  • Bally EM
Ceronix 1492-H Black monitor
« on: April 29, 2023, 02:57:01 PM »
Hello, so I picked up a video slot machine Aristocrat 540, and initially the screen was very very dull, barely visible even at night. While adjusting the pots, it would suddenly go black and i wouldn't be able to get a picture for the rest of the day. A day or 2 later, it would have the same symptoms, I ordered and installed a recap kit and some pots. This made no difference, although now after messing with the flyback now i get no picture, there is static heard and felt on the screen, and when i turn it off i do get the old school "turn off" transition (the one when the screen shrinks to a long line in the center before turning completely off. I have installed a LCD and the machine fully works, so it has to be the monitor. I do not see the "glow" on that yolk in the back at all. Im now suspecting the flyback, any other ideas?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Ceronix 1492-H Black monitor
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 03:18:03 PM »
Try replacing the LA7830 vertical drive IC.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Karloz25

• Bally EM
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 05:48:50 PM »
Thanks for replying, can you help me locate that IC, I don’t have the manual for this board.

I just ordered it from ebay, cross your fingers.
Thanks again for giving me another avenue to try.

Offline Karloz25

• Bally EM
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2023, 04:21:08 PM »
Try replacing the LA7830 vertical drive IC.

I installed a new one, and after messing with the flyback knobs, I got some life on the screen, also it’s still faint and kinda scrolls or climbs, it’s still functional.
See video, also the neck is still not glowing? I’m not sure how bright the neck is suppose to be, but I see nothing back there..

https://youtube.com/shorts/O0DJMRV9ePw?feature=share

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2023, 08:31:58 PM »
Turn all lights off and look closely, it could be a very faint glow on some tube types.

Offline Karloz25

• Bally EM
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2023, 11:38:17 PM »
Ok I turned off the lights.

Offline Karloz25

• Bally EM
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2023, 11:56:54 PM »
https://youtube.com/shorts/3DYiEe41ye0?feature=share

So now the screen is dark and it’s making a beeping sound, kinda scary, I don’t want to touch anything.
What do you guys advise?
See video above.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2023, 08:53:18 AM »
CHIRPING WITH HI VOLTAGE CHECK FLYBACK FOR CRACKS

It could be the switch mode power supply IC is bad XRC5184

We do offer to repair the board.
www.slotmachinerepair.com under "helpful PDF's" are instructions on how to remove the board and prepare it for shipping.

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2023, 10:25:31 AM »
CHIRPING WITH HI VOLTAGE CHECK FLYBACK FOR CRACKS

It could be the switch mode power supply IC is bad XRC5184

We do offer to repair the board.
www.slotmachinerepair.com under "helpful PDF's" are instructions on how to remove the board and prepare it for shipping.

The XRC5184 IC can be difficult to find. Below is an excerpt from archives regarding that IC and how to check it. Its a good note to keep around.
Badbaud at KLar can get this board going, if you keep stabbing at parts you will soon spend more! Just be prepared if the problem is a Flyback they are quite rare.

If your monitor is "Chirping" your problem is in the monitor's power supply area...if you go checking voltages you should use V- for your ground as using a "normal" ground will cause you to chase your tail with all kinds of useless readings.  V- comes from component 280 (a XRC5184 IC), it is a pwr supply IC...pin 9 is V- check it with pin 8, you should have +7.5V at pin 8...then check pin 15 for +17V if it is there check pin 16 for +15V, if pin 16 is below +15V change component 280...

Offline Karloz25

• Bally EM
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2023, 01:09:23 PM »
Thank you. I am still learning multimeter, before I get shocked, do i check these readings with the power ON or OFF ?

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2023, 01:37:22 PM »
Voltage readings are taken with power on. If you aren’t familiar with handling a CRT or what to avoid it is a good idea to do some reading or watch a YouTube video on the basics. Never get near the second anode…the rubber cup on the tube, and never touch it when powered on. Ceronix Monitors self discharge when turned off but don’t rely on that, learn how to properly discharge a CRT.  There are life-changing levels of electricity at play.

Working on CRT monitors, or any electronic devices, is at your own risk. :)

Chris

Offline Karloz25

• Bally EM
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2023, 02:16:00 PM »
Thanks I’ll report back with the readings.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal