New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Can't Get Dedicated Graphics Card To Work on G23  (Read 4652 times)

Offline Matt411

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Matt411 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Can't Get Dedicated Graphics Card To Work on G23
« on: January 09, 2023, 10:32:28 AM »
So I have an AVP 625 brainbox. Just upgraded to mld display. Both displays work when plugged into regular motherboard ports, but I've tried the E4690 graphics card, plugged into the pci express and get no signal upon boot for both monitors and they just remain black for rest of boot - sound can be heard when AVP boots up. I also tried another graphics card someone else said worked (ATI 3650) for them cause I thought my E4690 was bad - and it too is not working. I'm stumped... could the actual PCI slot be damaged or something? I'm told it should be plug and play. Just weird 2 different graphics cards that both fit aren't working. I'm using the correct VGA to DVI adapter too for the MLD monitor (top monitor is already DVI).

My power supply is the 440 watt, not sure if that matters. The machine works when both are plugged into the regular ports.

I'd hate to waste money on a whole motherboard for this just for a video card - but I really hate that a lot of the games are choppy. Maxed out the ram and running on SSD.

Am I missing something? Ordered my slot from Chris with slots unlimited - do they have any kind of warranty on the motherboard in the brain box?  Kinda bummed...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 11:01:55 AM by Arcade Matt »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Can't Get Dedicated Graphics Card To Work on G23
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 11:01:42 AM »
Did you plug both monitors into the graphics card?

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 11:02:36 AM »
Yes..

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 11:03:28 AM »
MLD in bottom?

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 11:07:41 AM »
Yup tried both ways.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 11:16:34 AM »
Damn I would try another adapter or try a dvi to vga cable.  I have had problems out of adapters before.

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 11:54:41 AM »
Yea but why would both monitors not be working? When I tried diagnosing the e4690 I kept top monitor in the mother board and it worked while mld didn't in the graphics card and vice versa since top monitor is already dvi cable.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 12:19:23 PM »
What happens when you try to boot up with diag drive and eKey7?

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2023, 01:38:47 PM »
I don't see anything. Both monitors have that rgb message and say no signal then just eventually stay black.

Offline BigWick

• Reputation Power: 3
  • BigWick New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2023, 03:15:25 PM »
It should automagically enable to the output on the card once a card is installed and the BIOS sees it.
With the card installed but the monitor still plugged into the motherboard video do you get anything? Either your slot is bad or the system is set in the CMOS to always initialize the onboard video first and ignore any external cards.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2023, 03:41:52 PM »
Can the CMOS be set to initialize the onboard video AND see any external cards?
If so, how?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2023, 03:44:43 PM »
Yea I get image if monitor is in motherboard with the card installed.  How do I get into bios and where is that setting to change? I hope to God it's just that..

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • millionaire2k New User barely matters.millionaire2k New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2023, 03:59:24 PM »
To enter the BIOS:

1. Turn off machine.
2. Install USB keyboard in open USB port on MPU.
3. Power on machine.
4. Press the DELETE button on the keyboard until you get to the BIOS screen.
5. Password I believe is: sevens

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2023, 04:02:30 PM »
 :Eating_Cookie:  Watch Matt mess up settings....   :Eating_Popcorn:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline BigWick

• Reputation Power: 3
  • BigWick New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2023, 04:54:05 PM »
Normally I pull the battery or set the CMOS clear jumper and it defaults to something that works.
Usually it's a setting like "Video Device Priority" and you can set internal/AGP/PCI Express.

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2023, 10:01:38 PM »
I've tried everything possible. Even found BIOS settings, it was already on init display first: PCI

I've never really heard of PCI slots going bad, unless I got so unlucky that 2 different cards don't work. I'm very tech savy and have put these in computers many times.

Next step is to get another motherboard from slots unlimited, see if it works. It's a pain but I want to use my machine to full potential and I feel this graphics card would alleviate alot of the stutter and lag.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2023, 12:26:40 AM »
Did you have a discussion with Chris?  Something’s definitely not right, and if you bought your machine from him, see what your options are.

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2023, 06:48:44 AM »
Jason, yea I'm going to buy another motherboard see if it works then mail back other one. I dont wanna be without the machine any longer waiting for board repair.

Also long shot... would OS version cause any issues? I'm running game king but it's not the newest os version I don't think.

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2023, 02:24:09 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/144896323539?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Tkne15cqRZa&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=DIowJbxrQ8y&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Would I be able to get this and swap in my boot chips and IO card? I'm about to just get this with the graphics card already installed and be done.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2023, 03:22:26 PM »
Yes.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal