New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I dream of genie spoke to soon no sound  (Read 5507 times)

Offline luvreno

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • luvreno New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I dream of genie spoke to soon no sound
« on: September 23, 2014, 06:34:02 PM »
After replacing battery it works good, but no sound.  Checked SIMM card seems to be seated ok.
Will getting a multimedia lite board help solve problem

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: I dream of genie spoke to soon no sound
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 06:46:10 PM »
If this is a standard S2000 it won't work without it. If it's a vision game it doesn't need it. You might look at menu option 3 to make sure volume is up, sounds are set, etc...

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 06:49:04 PM »
Sorry, my bad, I wasn't paying attention to that it's an Igame. Make sure all your chips are seated well and double check your sound settings in the menu. May end up being that you have a bad amp.

Offline luvreno

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 06:52:58 PM »
Will check sound settings and advise, also the CPU is really hard to pull out

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 07:24:47 PM »
Good, it means the sockets are still in good shape. Check the pins inside those sockets while you have the board out

Offline luvreno

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 08:24:39 PM »
The sounds where reset to higher volume. Did the test no sound  played game no sound

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 08:42:19 PM »
I would do a clear and re-setup since you replaced the battery.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline luvreno

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 05:52:52 PM »
I will have to get a clear chip,and see what happens

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 09:36:39 AM »
From what I've read on your previous posts, this game is relatively new to you, correct? If so, since it had a low battery when you got it, I'm thinking you have never heard a sound come out of it.

If that's the case, you may need to troubleshoot the sound components themselves (ok, by troubleshoot, I probably really mean replace, as there's not a lot of troubleshooting that can be done). Like cowboy said, you could just have a bad amp, or maybe your sound SIMM is shot. Have you looked in the top box to be sure everything's plugged in?

Since you have the Reel Touch, you may be able to swap the speakers and the amp back and forth to test them. I don't know anything about Reel Touch machines, but I'm guessing they use the same speakers and amp as an I-Game.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline luvreno

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 10:09:48 AM »
Sounds like a plan!  going to let it sit for a day, maybe it will fix its self LOL  Thanks for all the good ideas

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 11:12:30 AM »
what are the dip switches on your sound simm set to.

Offline luvreno

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 11:52:12 AM »
No dip switches

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 11:56:46 AM »
i may be wrong as i normally work on s2000s but i thought the sound simms on both igame and s2000 had switches.

Offline luvreno

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2014, 12:07:22 PM »
I normally work on Igt M Igt S Igt S+.    I'm like a old car mechanic working on these new cars with fuel injection, computers etc.      I do have access to another Igt I game munsters    I'm a little scared to do it, swap out the SIMM cars and see if that's the problem, I just do not want to have another machine down. 

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 12:45:15 PM »
Wait wait wait! Don't go swapping SIMMs! They don't work like that!  :no:  You can't just swap a sound SIMM from Munsters into Jeannie, it will only give you an error.

Now that we know you have another I-Game, swap the amp! Betcha a dollar that's it!
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 01:00:41 PM »
just as long as its normal for igame sound simms to have no dip switches. both igames i have at work have multimedia boards and simms with switches on them.

any chance of us getting a picture of your board in its current configuration. it sounds to me you may be using a cg flash card where a sound simm should be.

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 01:51:25 PM »
i tracked back to the original topic where it has a pic for this machine it is a sound simm with the switches and they are all off which i think is correct for a sound simm in an igame. i would try the sound amp first i have seen a few of them blown in s2000s. you may also have a bad simm it looks like the kit is cloned i have seen strange errors with cloning software in igames(normally caused by operator error).

Offline luvreno

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 02:04:41 PM »
changed out the amp from another I game, its not the amp, still no sound.

Offline luvreno

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2014, 02:12:56 PM »
I will take a pic of board & post it soon

Offline luvreno

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2014, 02:47:16 PM »
very very good news,  I have sound, finally, I will be able to sleep better tonight, one down one to go.
It was something that I over looked, there was one plug that wasn't plugged in,  it was  the board on right side, I couldn't see the plug in,  I had to get my fat head inside of top box to see the receptacle to plug it in.

Thanks so much for all the help and ideas this was a learning experience for this old timmer 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal