New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Trimline cabinet with 044 board  (Read 1015 times)

Offline sandelslover

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • sandelslover New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Did I just buy IGT Trimline AVP?
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2024, 11:30:15 AM »
That's it, also I'm from Finland, but I managed to buy this machine on a trip to Estonia. It was buried in the corner of a second hand shop, in the children's toy section. :wave:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2024, 11:40:16 AM »
Congrats on getting it to boot up and thanks for the pictures.  The power supply, power distribution box, audio amp, MPU, bill validator, and monitor look like those found in US Game King 17" cabinets, but I'm not sure what some of the other boards are.  I believe the one behind the audio amp may be the I/O board?  There's also an interface board of some type on the back of the door.  It may be an I/O card too?

Yes, you'll need a keychip to disable the coin acceptor and hopper.  Then it hopefully should be ready to play.  Key 28 is used for 044 MPU's with a flash card like yours has, but I recommend getting a developers bootchip (GKDEV39) for it.  As far as I know I don't there isn't any issues using it with international software.  The developer's bootchip has the boot and key functions built in, so one chip does it all.  The less you have to handle the flash card the better.  It also allows you to turn off some security checks and you machine will boot in seconds rather than minutes.  RB here on NLG is our usual go to guy for those, but last I knew I don't think he shipped internationally.  He may see this and clarify. 

I'm not sure what the wires laying on the bottom went to.  The ora/blk twisted wires is +25VDC power that went to something at one time.  You may want to tape the ends better so they don't short out on the cabinet and blow a fuse or worse. 

Congrats, you have a nice looking machine and got a great deal on it too!  Great kid's toy!  :Tongue_Out:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2024, 11:49:20 AM »
After looking at the picture better it looks like the ORA/BLK wires are spliced into the RED/BLK wires off of J36.  In that case it's probably +13VDC not +25VDC.  It looks like you could remove the tape, take the ORA/BLK wires out completely, and then tape the RED/BLK wires back up again. 

Offline sandelslover

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2024, 11:59:16 AM »
Congrats on getting it to boot up and thanks for the pictures.  The power supply, power distribution box, audio amp, MPU, bill validator, and monitor look like those found in US Game King 17" cabinets, but I'm not sure what some of the other boards are.  I believe the one behind the audio amp may be the I/O board?  There's also an interface board of some type on the back of the door.  It may be an I/O card too?

Yes, you'll need a keychip to disable the coin acceptor and hopper.  Then it hopefully should be ready to play.  Key 28 is used for 044 MPU's with a flash card like yours has, but I recommend getting a developers bootchip (GKDEV39) for it.  As far as I know I don't there isn't any issues using it with international software.  The developer's bootchip has the boot and key functions built in, so one chip does it all.  The less you have to handle the flash card the better.  It also allows you to turn off some security checks and you machine will boot in seconds rather than minutes.  RB here on NLG is our usual go to guy for those, but last I knew I don't think he shipped internationally.  He may see this and clarify. 

I'm not sure what the wires laying on the bottom went to.  The ora/blk twisted wires is +25VDC power that went to something at one time.  You may want to tape the ends better so they don't short out on the cabinet and blow a fuse or worse. 

Congrats, you have a nice looking machine and got a great deal on it too!  Great kid's toy!  :Tongue_Out:

Good to know and good point about the short circuit. The next step is to clean the wiring harness and find out what the cut wires are doing. Also nice to know, I will try to reach out to him, also maybe Ebay has some for sale? By the way, this machine had a beautiful sound quality, very rich and deep. I even thought about converting it to a jukebox if I can't get the game to work. :rotfl:

And okay, will do that!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2024, 12:17:25 PM »
Yes, you could give Ebay a try too.  I'd avoid jjslots there though. 

That's good to know.  High quality sound wasn't something IGT was known for, although the sound on my G23 AVP machine is pretty good.

You should be in good shape once you get a keychip so you can change those machine options and clear the coin out error.  Hopefully the bill validator works and is setup for Euros.

Offline sandelslover

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2024, 12:31:53 PM »
Yes, you could give Ebay a try too.  I'd avoid jjslots there though. 

That's good to know.  High quality sound wasn't something IGT was known for, although the sound on my G23 AVP machine is pretty good.

You should be in good shape once you get a keychip so you can change those machine options and clear the coin out error.  Hopefully the bill validator works and is setup for Euros.

I didn't hesitate for a moment and bought the GKBDEV39 chip. Total $36 with shipping, willing to sacrifice it for this beauty. :Tongue_Out:

And the bill validator did indeed work, I could test it through the attendant menu and it would show the note amount entered on the screen and spew it out.

I think there are already topics on how to use this chip, but I'll share the result here anyway, so if anyone ever runs into the same situation as me, knows how to proceed. :EmoticonHelp4:

Peace and good night!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2024, 02:43:24 PM »
Indeed, it's worth it  :yes:

That's great, you should be up and running in no time after you get the chip then.  Keep us posted!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2024, 02:46:13 PM »
Wow it has a red backplane!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2024, 02:52:05 PM »
Yeah, with what appears to be a DVI or VGA connector on it for the monitor too.

Offline Pinaddicted

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Pinaddicted New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2024, 04:35:19 PM »
I'd avoid jjslots there though.

:I_agree_1: 

Offline alex

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • alex New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2024, 05:45:30 PM »
Hi sandelslover,

You certainly paid a good price for a nice european trimline cabinet on the 044 platform, so it’s not AVP. So this thread should be in the igame section. I have one similar like you but mine has a second tft screen in the top instead of glass. Most US based enthusiast don’t know this 044 platform exist in this cabinet.

The motherboard looks slightly different I believe, but you should be able to disable the hopper in the menu you photographed and perhaps it would help with the current error.

Games can be swapped by replacing the flash card, although as you’ve read already handle carefully.

I’m in The Netherlands myself.
I'm from Europe.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2024, 06:12:26 PM »
Thanks for jumping in to help Alex.  I had left it in the AVP section because I wasn't sure what it was.  It has the cabinet of an AVP, and some components of a US standard I-game.  I think we'll go by the processor type.  It's an i960 (044), so I'll move it to the I-game section based on that.  Interesting machines, thanks for your input.

Offline sandelslover

• NLG
Re: IGT Trimline cabinet with 044 board
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2024, 05:13:54 AM »
Quick update: The chip remains at the Chicago Ebay International Shipping Warehouse. Today I've discovered another IGT Trimline slot machine with completely missing game computer. Next to it, an Atronic Harmony caught my eye; it powered on but displayed a message about the empty CMOS batteries. I'm considering acquiring it but need to verify it doesn't feature a progressive jackpot (I created the thread about it and was warned that it needs a special USB dongle). Unlike NiMH batteries, this one uses Li-SOCl2 batteries, which are soldered also in place.

The warehouse staff mentioned they have more such slot machines and allowed me to explore them. Among them was another IGT Trimline, which, unlike the one in the photo, had its computer but lacked the entire screen module - I believe it to be rather costly compared to the slot machines themselves. Next to it stood another IGT slot machine with side speakers, resembling the Trimline but with "ears." This unit also had the same type of plexiglass as seen in the attached picture of the non-working slot machine and it included also an coin insert in front and the hopper.

Even if they're inoperable or beyond repair, I wonder if their parts, especially the coin hoppers, are worth salvaging. Can anyone identify the machine from the description? The speakers on the side look similar to the one in the picture but lacks a side handle and has digital screen.

Edit: It's probably second picture attached from the internet.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
Re: IGT Trimline cabinet with 044 board
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2024, 07:52:23 AM »
Top is a trimline, not sure if it's an AVP or not without seeing the interior.  The 4th picture is a standard IGT S2000 slot machine.  5th picture is a 17" Game King w/044 MPU, US Version.  I'm not familiar with the Atronic.

The S2000's have a green varta battery that leak and destroy the board, so if you're considering that make sure to inspect it well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal