New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS BB2 Kristel AD board cap identification help  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Hertz14

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
WMS BB2 Kristel AD board cap identification help
« on: January 07, 2023, 07:04:25 PM »
Working on refurbing some AD boards on a few Kristel monitors, have 2 boards that are giving me screen shake. I’ve replaced the 3 470uf and the 1 1000uf, guessing the issue lies with the cap in the photo. Not sure what brand they used but the ID markings don’t match any of the common references for farad rating or voltage. As far as I can tell, the bottom number is the lot number. If you can’t see from the photo (iPhone uploads the photos sideways when you reduce the size) the numbers are 820/10CG/861. The last number is the only variable in all the boards I’ve recapped, so assuming it’s a lot or run number. 820uf? 10v? Does the C mean 16v?

Anyone know anything about these?

Thanks!
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
Re: WMS BB2 Kristel AD board cap identification help
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 07:43:25 PM »
i believe that's 820uf, 10v, the cg is series. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline a69mopar

• a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com

Offline Hertz14

• Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 07:59:43 PM »
http://www.samwha.com/electric/product/list_pdf_new/CG.pdf

I’ve seen this key and a couple others- doesn’t make sense as the last number listed should be the voltage. I thought at first they were Kyocera but are missing the trademark diamond stamp. Every Kristel board I’ve done so far has the first 2 sets of numbers the same, the last one varies from board to board telling me that it’s the production lot number. I’ve read that a 1 followed by a C means 16v, but not a 10cg - I can’t find a series number to correspond to the CG either. I just don’t want to assume it’s 820. The voltage doesn’t bother me so much as 3 of the other caps are 16, so going with a 16 should be good even if it’s a 10v circuit.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 08:26:21 PM »
   according to their ad, this is 820uf 6.3v .  https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32825474934.html

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2023, 08:33:48 PM »
Nice! That is super helpful. Now to find out what the cg series means... I may just order up some aluminum 820s and cross my fingers. I’ve been pretty lucky so far, haven’t had any other boards with shakey issues. Just 2 in this run.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2023, 06:29:54 PM »
Update-

I went with Wurth 820uf, 10v. No more shakey picture.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal