New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Ceronix  (Read 1961 times)

Offline 61Wally

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Ceronix
« on: February 22, 2023, 07:38:57 AM »
A Fantastic morning to You All. I was troubleshooting My “I” game as to why it was Only taking the first few TITO tickets and then rejecting the rest. This Also happened with the printer, It would give a few then show “Bad printer sensor”. I tried different Validator’s/printers with NO success. I tried All of this equipment in My GK, and Everything worked fine. The Only thing that I didn’t move was the printer housing. I tried that this Morning and machine displayed “Touchscreen, Validator, Printer Communication Error”..From bad to Worse it went, So I removed the printer housing, put in the Original and Everything, Except “Touchscreen Error” went away. I took the Monitor and put it in the I game with a New printer housing and that “I” game works Great Now, Including TITO. I’ve tried disconnecting the Validatior, Printer from “NETPLEX” and, the results were more Communication Errors. Replaced Power Supply, NETPLEX card (up top). Even tried a test monitor cable, with No Results. I haven’t tried a different Motherboard. Any suggestions from the EXPERTS would be appreciated!

Offline 61Wally

• 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: Ceronix
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 07:56:02 AM »
Forgot Pictures

Offline hotlsot

• Reputation Power: 63
  • hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 10:36:41 AM »
I've had this problem before but it's been years ago. I think it might have been bad voltage out of power supply

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 11:47:09 AM »
Possible an off-white, rectangular-shaped 3M TS connector that has dirty pins inside of the housing.
A shot of QD Electronic Cleaner into the female side may do wonders. 
Shoot the male pins too while you're at it and tighten any ground wire that is colored green and secured with a nut... :yes:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 02:24:53 AM »
Thanks, i will check connections in the machine. I can take this monitor and put it in another machine and it works great, NO errors. When I did this I put the working monitor from the other machine into this one. TS Comm error came up on this monitor as well. So it’s got to be something else in the machine. I did swap motherboards today, NO change.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2023, 11:15:53 AM »
Good Day to All. After more troubleshooting, I’ve noticed that if I slide out bill validator, when I boot up, I get T/S error and B/V error. If I disconnect printer cable,(B/V reinstalled) I get T/S and B/V error again, and the B/V clicks, (1 solid red, 1 flashing red). If I have both disconnected, I get, T/S error, B/V error. It never displayed a printer error. On Page 11 there’s a thread mentioning a member going into T/S alignment with key switch and waiting 20 minutes for the dots to appear, After 2 hours Mine never appeared. Does this mean anything to Anyone what’s going on?  Thanks for sharing Your knowledge with me.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2023, 11:42:58 AM »
You won't be able to do a touchscreen calibration because the MPU is unable to communicate with the touchscreen controller.  You'll always have a BV comm failure if the validator is enabled but not installed.  I'd try replacing the touchscreen controller at this point and see what that does. 

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2023, 05:35:15 AM »
Ok, I replaced the touchscreen controller board and now when I fire it up I get T/S error until I slide out B/V transport. I get B/V communication error, but the T/S error goes away. I can get into the menu now. Before I screwup something, I thought I would ask for suggestions? One note is this game has credits on it. I can move it to another machine if required to cash out?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2023, 07:21:59 AM »
Swap the BV

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2023, 08:19:24 AM »
I just tried 3 different B/V’s and the same thing. I also took the monitor, mpu, printer, validatior, to another machine, NO errors, Works fine. Hope I’m Not jumping around on this, Confusing Everyone. I’ve labeled every piece as I’m moving/trying something.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2023, 08:31:12 AM »
Try swapping the small chip on the backplane circuit board.
Slide out the MPU tray to see it....it's right in the middle...sort of.
It's rare but they can go bad too.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2023, 09:06:22 AM »
Do the bill validators have the correct firmware installed?  Should be ID024 for IGT. 

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2023, 10:02:16 AM »
Yes, Out of working, GK-IGAME. Is the hopper or coin mech on the “NETPLEX”?

Offline hotlsot

• Reputation Power: 63
  • hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2023, 10:59:37 AM »
Did you ever swap the power supply?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2023, 11:57:21 AM »
Yes, Out of working, GK-IGAME. Is the hopper or coin mech on the “NETPLEX”?

No, just the touchscreen, bill validator, and ticket printer. 

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2023, 01:54:11 PM »
SOLVED AND EXHAUSTED!!! Thank You All for staying with me on this one. The 15 pin Molex connector that plugs into the bottom of the “cash can” housing had a couple loose pins, Replaced and working FANTASTIC!!! By having the advice about the B/V, I focused on that circuit. Time to put back together. A million THANKS TO YOU ALL. Time for another donation, Take Care.
Dan

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2023, 02:21:54 PM »
Glad you found and fixed the problem! Congrats!  :applause:

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2023, 12:02:20 AM »
Thanks again for steering me down the right Avenue. I did replace the power supply earlier. I Really Enjoy learning as much as I can about these machines, Enjoyable.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal