New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bill acceptor  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Wzrd0803

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Wzrd0803 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bill acceptor
« on: May 15, 2019, 04:58:12 PM »
Can I add a bill acceptor to my machine?  If so, how and what is the cost?  I did notice there is a black plug on the right hand side of the machine.  Is that where I would feed the wires?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bill acceptor
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 07:55:30 PM »
It is technically possible to add a side-mount bill validator to your machine.  It's possible that the black plastic plug in the side had wiring for one at some point, although that seems a little high up to me. 

I can't say that I've seen one offered for sale in years, though, and have no idea what the price might be.  It might be expensive because they're hard-to-find, or it might be cheap because there's nearly no demand for them.  You can always post a WTB (Want To Buy) in the classifieds section of the site to see if anyone has one laying around.  You'll also need the wire harness that runs between the validator and the motherboard in the machine.

You can see a picture of the side-mount unit in a previous post I made on the topic: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=11068.msg59877#msg59877
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Wzrd0803

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 09:27:44 PM »
What about the newer bill validators but just not mount it...like leave it sitting next to it on the table?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 09:44:07 AM »
Only the PE plus chipsets I believe had the provision for a validator.  Post a photo of your mpu board that shows the chips so someone can verify if your hardware/software can support a validator.  If it does, you could put the validator on the table on the outside, just need to make sure the switches associated with the bill door are jumped closed
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Wzrd0803

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 05:24:16 PM »

My machine is a PE+ with superboard.  It has the option to turn on the bill validator.

Offline Wzrd0803

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 05:25:59 PM »
Only the PE plus chipsets I believe had the provision for a validator.  Post a photo of your mpu board that shows the chips so someone can verify if your hardware/software can support a validator.  If it does, you could put the validator on the table on the outside, just need to make sure the switches associated with the bill door are jumped closed

What bill validator would I use?  I want one that will take the newer bills include $100 (if possible)

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 11:41:25 PM »
Like the S+, the PE+ can only accept ID022 or ID023 (depending on the chipset in use), and the DBV and WBA lines of bill validators only support so much for "newer" style money on those old validators which were designed for ID022 or ID023.  I believe the WBA can accept slightly more "new" US currency when updated to the last version created for it, but I'm not an expert.

There is a company, not in the US, who created a protocol conversion board which allows newer bill validators to accept the currency, and then it converts the output from the newer validator to ID022 for the PE+ to add credits.  There are a couple of videos on YouTube of those.  I have not tried one myself, nor do I have any affiliation with the videos or the company who created the conversion board.

http://www.agaslots.com/

Video 1

Video 2
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Wzrd0803

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 12:10:16 AM »
Like the S+, the PE+ can only accept ID022 or ID023 (depending on the chipset in use), and the DBV and WBA lines of bill validators only support so much for "newer" style money on those old validators which were designed for ID022 or ID023.  I believe the WBA can accept slightly more "new" US currency when updated to the last version created for it, but I'm not an expert.

There is a company, not in the US, who created a protocol conversion board which allows newer bill validators to accept the currency, and then it converts the output from the newer validator to ID022 for the PE+ to add credits.  There are a couple of videos on YouTube of those.  I have not tried one myself, nor do I have any affiliation with the videos or the company who created the conversion board.

I'm confused.  Is the bill validator I want a model ID022 or ID023?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 09:26:47 AM »
Yes , you could add a bill unit to your machine.  you can let it stand on the table next to the machine, or you could get creative and make a housing for it? 

you would want to add a WBA unit for this purpose. HOWEVER, because the age of your machine and the WBA technology your machine would not be able to accept the latest 100 dollar bill, it would accept all the latest bills, just not the 100.  examples ,latest twenty, new fives and tens.

you would need the following:  wba power supply, wba shelf assembly with harness, wba cash can, wba -12 head and transport with the latest 3.75 version software for protocol ID022 and ID023.  the power supply plugs into a connection in the machine ( it supplies 110 vac to the power supply and connects to the motherboard to supply data to and from the bill unit, the power supply has two outputs, one supplies 13vdc to the transport and the other is the data connection, they attach to the back harness connections on the shelf assembly.   

I have all these tested parts you need to accomplish this.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 11:45:09 AM »
I'm confused.  Is the bill validator I want a model ID022 or ID023?

Those aren't model numbers, those are communication protocols.  Essentially the "language" that the bill validator must "speak" in order to interface with the machine.  You need a bill validator that can speak "ID022" and/or "ID023" (depending on the specific PE+ software you're running) in order for the machine to post credits from the bills inserted.

Talk to Jim who posted above me -- he can get you everything you need.

Offline Wzrd0803

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 03:11:05 PM »
Yes , you could add a bill unit to your machine.  you can let it stand on the table next to the machine, or you could get creative and make a housing for it? 

you would want to add a WBA unit for this purpose. HOWEVER, because the age of your machine and the WBA technology your machine would not be able to accept the latest 100 dollar bill, it would accept all the latest bills, just not the 100.  examples ,latest twenty, new fives and tens.

you would need the following:  wba power supply, wba shelf assembly with harness, wba cash can, wba -12 head and transport with the latest 3.75 version software for protocol ID022 and ID023.  the power supply plugs into a connection in the machine ( it supplies 110 vac to the power supply and connects to the motherboard to supply data to and from the bill unit, the power supply has two outputs, one supplies 13vdc to the transport and the other is the data connection, they attach to the back harness connections on the shelf assembly.   

I have all these tested parts you need to accomplish this.

Jim

Up to the latest $20's would be ok I suppose.  Around what would all this cost?  It's in my house so I don't care if it keeps the bills secure.  I just want to be able to use bills to put credits on the machine instead of feeding nickels. So, it could just go in and register the credits and come straight out the other side where I could just grab the bill for all I care.

Offline Wzrd0803

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2019, 11:17:01 PM »

Would the ones from this post work on my machine?

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=24380.0;topicseen

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 05:34:41 AM »
They would need to be re-flashed or the eprom changed for IDO 22/23.  Those use IDO 24 (Gamekings/S2000s)
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2019, 06:49:32 PM »
here is a picture of the plug that should be in the machine.  also a picture of how everything hooks up.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Wzrd0803

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 07:00:46 PM »
here is a picture of the plug that should be in the machine.  also a picture of how everything hooks up.

Jim

So my machine should have the 9 pin plug as well as the black one and then the bill acceptor connects to it?

Offline Wzrd0803

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2019, 10:44:49 PM »

Taped to the back wall of my machine is this plug.  The wires look like they go down into a white plug connected to the power supply.  The other wires coming out of that white plug are the door optic wires.  So that plug must supply power to that 9 pin plug as well as the door optics. I don't have the black one though in your second picture.  Only the 9 pin.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2019, 07:00:10 AM »
need a picture of your back plane board.  the nine pin plug only has the data wires (4) the same color as the one in the picture, and the AC power (2)  black and white wires.  no door optics wiring.

will have to look around and see if I have a back plane board for reference.

Jim

Signature:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal