New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT PE plus questions  (Read 1404 times)

Offline bally bob

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • bally bob New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT PE plus questions
« on: May 12, 2019, 04:29:29 PM »
Just got this IGT PE plus double bonus poker. Model # 1A65D, date of manufacture 12/95. Came with a manual dated 4/23/93, not sure if it is the right manual for machine, is rather vague. Read previous posts on this site for similar machines. Just wanted to verify a few things before I get started with it. It currently runs with no problems. Want to increase the sound level, I think it is the blue thumb wheel next to little white micro switch? With the door open I press the little white micro switch to page thru the setup menu screens? I’m wanting to turn off the double down feature, is that possible? When I get to a screen I want to make changes on, how will that be accomplished? After I cycle thru the final setup menu it will automatically return to the play mode? Just asking before I get frustrated and stuck somewhere and end up smashing the machine with a hammer. Thanks

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT PE plus questions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 04:58:51 PM »
You're correct on everything you've said.  The blue wheel is the volume adjustment.  Make sure there are zero credits on the machine and you're not in the middle of a hand when using the white self-test button to page through the menus, in order to be able to access all of the settings.  All of the settings pages indicate what you need to do in order to make an adjustment -- it's pretty self-explanatory.  ...and yes, you can page all the way through to get back to game play mode, or simply close the door and the game will go back to game play mode.  The exception to that is if you are on the self-test inputs screen, or the Out of Service screen -- closing the door on either of those screens will not cause the machine to go back to game play mode.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Wzrd0803

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Wzrd0803 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 11:12:31 PM »
Just got this IGT PE plus double bonus poker. Model # 1A65D, date of manufacture 12/95. Came with a manual dated 4/23/93, not sure if it is the right manual for machine, is rather vague. Read previous posts on this site for similar machines. Just wanted to verify a few things before I get started with it. It currently runs with no problems. Want to increase the sound level, I think it is the blue thumb wheel next to little white micro switch? With the door open I press the little white micro switch to page thru the setup menu screens? I’m wanting to turn off the double down feature, is that possible? When I get to a screen I want to make changes on, how will that be accomplished? After I cycle thru the final setup menu it will automatically return to the play mode? Just asking before I get frustrated and stuck somewhere and end up smashing the machine with a hammer. Thanks

You had posted about this on my thread the other day.  I'd love a copy of the manual if possible.  You could scan and make a pdf of it.

You are are correct as knagl pointed out.  The thumb wheel on the motherboard is the volume control.  You might need to press it down while turning it (I have to do that on mine) to get it to change the volume.

The white button is to change the settings.  You press the while button twice and use the "Bet One Credit" button to go to the next option.  Use the jackpot reset key to change the current option to what you want before pressing the bet one credit button to advance to the next setting.  The double down feature is near the end of the settings after advancing through a bunch of them.

Like knagl said, make sure you have 0 credits and are not in the middle of a hand before going into the settings.

Offline bally bob

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 07:05:58 AM »
Not sure if my printer will create a pdf file, will check. The bill validator doesn't always want to energize, former owner wiggled the connectors to get it take off. So will have to check that out. Biggest problem is being able to locate a Hold / Cancel switch for machine. Like I said it works fine only problem is the top black frame around the switch is broken, so it is loose. Never have replaced one before. Don't imagine I can only buy the black frame unit and replace that? Is there a part number for the switch for this machine or way to better identify it? Thought it would be simple to buy and locate. Hate to have to buy another machine just to cannibalize it for a switch.

Offline Wzrd0803

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 08:17:49 AM »
Not sure if my printer will create a pdf file, will check. The bill validator doesn't always want to energize, former owner wiggled the connectors to get it take off. So will have to check that out. Biggest problem is being able to locate a Hold / Cancel switch for machine. Like I said it works fine only problem is the top black frame around the switch is broken, so it is loose. Never have replaced one before. Don't imagine I can only buy the black frame unit and replace that? Is there a part number for the switch for this machine or way to better identify it? Thought it would be simple to buy and locate. Hate to have to buy another machine just to cannibalize it for a switch.

I've seen buttons for sale on eb*y.  Also one of the vendors listed on the website here might have them.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 08:21:21 AM »

Offline bally bob

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 03:33:05 PM »
Thanks I saw the 2 listed on ebay, the other day. Both are different. Mine has a total of 6 connectors, 3 across the top, 2 vertical and 1 on bottom left corner. Attached are photos of what I have. Still looking.

Offline Wzrd0803

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 03:44:36 PM »
If it's only the plastic bezel that is broken, the ones on ebay will work. You just unscrew from the inside the round plastic ring holding the button in place, disassemble the button and reassemble with the new bezel parts.

Offline bally bob

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 07:38:10 PM »
No, not on my machine, I want an identical matching part.

Offline Wzrd0803

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 08:13:20 PM »

I have the same machine and the ones on ebay will work.  You just use the bezel parts (and the hold/cancel button if you want) and don't use the switch.  You use your current switch.

Offline bally bob

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 09:50:10 AM »
Thanks. I thought I could use the plastic frame and my old switch. Have located a couple and have them on the way. One more question. Never have messed with the switches before, what tool do you use to get that large plastic nut loose?

Offline Wzrd0803

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 04:48:11 PM »

I used a pair of pliers to loosen it then used my fingers. Don't squeeze too hard though or you'll crack the plastic.  I just hand tightened it when I reassembled it..no pliers.

Offline bally bob

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 03:09:15 PM »
Just a follow up. Finally changed out the broken body of the hold / cancel button switch this morning. Getting in there to do it was a real challenge without tearing apart the machine or having hands the size of a 2 year old. Bought a pair of long handle needle nose pliers with angled jaws. They allowed me to reach in and unscrew the plastic nut. Slid the switch down and out of the way, turned and removed the light socket and disconnect the ground wire. Then put in another body, put in light socket, reconnected the ground wire and switch back in. Everything works fine. Thanks for the help. 

Offline Wzrd0803

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 03:59:50 PM »
You're welcome

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal