New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Model B4933CW double diamond (1994) from Trump Plaza (HELP)  (Read 38685 times)

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT Model B4933CW double diamond (1994) from Trump Plaza (HELP)
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2015, 12:43:14 AM »
Glad you figured the dip switch on dbv. I thought there were some on there but had no idea what they did. I think he will down the road go to the WBA as suggested.

Or at least a DBV-200, which is a simple swap and will accept newer, although not the newest, money.

For the record, here's a chart for the DBV-145 DIP switches, as found on the old site:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=15622.0;attach=40515;image

Congratulations, topgun, on getting your machine working.  Your persistence was key, and you gave some very good explanations and videos as to what was and wasn't happening with your machine, which helped a lot in the troubleshooting process.  Well done!
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline topgun

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • topgun New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2015, 03:36:13 PM »
thanks for the good words...but it's not over till it's over!! I got the sp731 and a ss3664. Installed and got it working for a second until I got an empty hopper error. I don't know how to set the hopper to zero with the sp731. It does not come up with the same menus as the 1274. I cleared the error with a set chip but now the machine is stuck on zero with the candle flashing.  :EmoticonHelp4: !!

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline topgun

• NLG
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2015, 06:50:11 PM »
I have the psr for the sp731 but I am not sure how to program the hopper pay to 0. Everything is working but the BV not accepting bills at all and the candle flashes as soon as the reels start spinning at startup. Then I have a solid zero in coins played with the flashing candle and BV not enabled. It is set to 9-1 and is accepting bills when tested in 5. All doors are closed. It did accept a bill at first but then I got a win and a hopper error. Since then it will not accept a bill at all. Won't even take it in. :banghead:

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2015, 05:55:54 AM »
I looked at that PSR and thought first 7 was for hopper and second 7 for BV limit. I saw you cleared it again. You have to turn on BV and set denom. again along with #5, #8 and so on. It was working with the 1274 but the reel chip was wrong. Try using the 1274 with your 3664

the rockin elvis

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2015, 07:14:19 AM »
Try using the 1274 with your 3664

:talktothehand: :talktothehand: :talktothehand:

Nope. They're not compatible. SP1274 only supports Type 2 or 21 games. SS3664 is Type 0.

You can do everything you need with the SP731. It's just going to take some patience and trial and error to get the settings right. Use the spreadsheet and the PSR to figure out the options, and we can help if you get stuck.

Since I don't know exactly where you're at right now, you might want to start over by clearing it, getting the settings configured, then reactivating the bill validator with the SET chip. Let us know if you have any questions as to what DIP switches need to be set, or what values you should use in the self test setup. You can do this!
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2015, 07:47:36 AM »
I suggested  you using the SP731 because it was user friendly,and it is!

read the PSR and follow the directions.  when you are in the self test mode(diagnostic mode)  you use the buttons on the panel to go through the menu and each sub menu.  the "bet 1" will advance to the next menu, the Bet Max button will reverse through the menus, the service button will step through each menu to arrive at a certain test or feature, and the spin button will change the option or feature.  e.g. press white test button, this will put you in the test mode, now using the bet 1  button, advance the tests until you see the #7 in the coins played window, there should be a number in the winner paid window, one digit should be flashing, now press the service button, you will see the flashing digit move over to the next position, do this until you have the digit flashing where you want it and press the spin button to get the right number you want, continue doing this for the second #7 and the the # 8 test and you will be finished.     

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2015, 10:03:07 AM »
You can not use SP731 and set the hopper limit to 0 and have the BV accept a bill

The BV credit limit follows the hopper limit on the older (under 1000) number SP chips (if you set hopper to 4 it would accept a $1 bill, but not a $5 if .25 mach.)

If I remember there was only 1 old SP that the hopper could be disabled anyway

I am not going to suggest the best SP to use but without a hopper you are going to need a newer SP chip that supports split settings (Hopper and BV Limits) for the BV to accept a Bill and Credit it to the machine, this is why the BV was active (light on) and bill was held then rejected (hopper set low and bill created too many credits)

For short term you could clear your machine, set it up again with a high credit limit on hopper and pull the cash out button switch so no accidentally cashing out and hope you don't hit a big win that  exceeds the credit limit (if under $1200 {or the hopper limit} the game would start to try and pay from hopper)

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2015, 10:11:50 AM »
The 1271 is a good all around chip that let's you do everything

the rockin elvis

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2015, 12:21:12 PM »
Thanks Jim,  good to see you checking in from time to time. Hope all is well.

you know me,  I grew up with the SP731 and SP872.  I like the features, work from the button panel, and mostly test the reels strip positions to the glass payouts.

What you suggest should work, if he set the limits to 9999 on all three settings, he should be good for a while. the machine doesn't know there is no hopper until its called upon to payout.

Never warmed up to the 1271, too much using the jackpot reset switch, never did like that. Just my personal opinion.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline topgun

• NLG
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2015, 09:46:22 AM »
thanks again guys! It is working fine and I can now play 3 coins. I am not sure what will happen if I get a large win but we'll see. I set the hopper settings to 9999 because you can't disable the hopper ( like you told me ) with the sp731. I actually cleared the machine and started from scratch with the settings and then the set chip. This topic is officially closed thanks to all your help!! :dancing_2: :wave:

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2015, 02:07:15 PM »
And only 110 replies. Glad your playing and enjoying your machine. Now it's time for your next machine.

the rockin elvis

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2015, 02:49:31 PM »
Thanks Jim,  good to see you checking in from time to time. Hope all is well.

you know me,  I grew up with the SP731 and SP872.  I like the features, work from the button panel, and mostly test the reels strip positions to the glass payouts.

What you suggest should work, if he set the limits to 9999 on all three settings, he should be good for a while. the machine doesn't know there is no hopper until its called upon to payout.

Never warmed up to the 1271, too much using the jackpot reset switch, never did like that. Just my personal opinion.

Jim

We are there on same page, I personally do not like the 1271, and that is why I said I wasn't going to suggest a chip, however I too like the SP872/873 if I had to say the one I preferred most ever. But for this persons situation I think the SP1048 would be the easiest problem solver but I know the comments are gonna start about the newest is better and all that jazz.. Personally I played the S+ before BV's and I like the Legacy Sound and slower play so that is why I prefer the ones I mentioned, the SP1048 will allow split hopper/bv limits and can set hopper to 0 and keep the classic sound and ease of set up like you mentioned. maybe it was the many phone calls in the 90's of how do I turn on the sound with the 1271 that turned me off to it, but I do like the newer SP's in the 16mhz cpu's in a slant top for reel stop noise... just my opinion and sure others have their favorite for a reason. I don't think you need the latest chip or the highest percentage reel chip ever made to enjoy a game .... woo tang!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal