New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1071-3 Troubleshooting  (Read 29788 times)

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
Re: Bally 1071-3 Troubleshooting
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2016, 07:04:23 PM »
the armature is what holds the arm up so they handle machine will not go in till the solenoid is activated

Offline nauseous

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • nauseous New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2016, 07:11:48 PM »
Setting the handle to home position i can pull it down to engage the reel mechanism with the power turned off. Whatever stopper the solenoid was attracting has been removed i suspect?

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2016, 07:25:40 PM »
on the diagram you posted from the manual part number 22 is hold in the up pecision on the very most forword part of it what is up there's a wall lever coming off of the you have a machine that catches it and stops it from allowing to handle be pulled if you look at the picture I posted off the handle really cylinoide it shows it in the opposition if you like I will go out to the shop release the cylinoide and take a picture of the doubt position maybe I can look tomorrow my missions and take a picture of them in the dell position and show you the difference

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2016, 07:29:28 PM »
imposition with no coin added handle lock

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2016, 07:30:30 PM »
n position one coin

voice recognition software sucks

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2016, 07:32:05 PM »
Pic 2

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2016, 07:41:27 PM »
Hrmmmm. Part 22 is engaged, I can see the stopper arm you are referring to and it's in the "locked" position, lifting it up doesn't make any difference. I can still pull the handle regardless of that being in locked position. I suspect something further inside the handle mech has been removed. I will post some photos shortly once i open it up.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2016, 07:43:15 PM »
be very careful it will fall apart on you there are a lot of springs and parts in the handle machine you need to take it off to open it up

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2016, 07:46:54 PM »
OK so with that stopper in the position as per your photo I can pull the arm down.
Arm pulled 1/2 of distance:

The part circled in red in the below photo is what lifts part 22 about 1/2 way through the arm stroke. Not the solenoid...?

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2016, 08:02:29 PM »
yes that is about right if you hold that arm up with the machine plugged in and everything installed check and see if the insert coin  light comes on

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2016, 08:05:16 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
Having only ever worked on Aristocrat machines in the past, I was expecting it was a lockout solenoid on the handle mech that should have been stopping it from being pulled...

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2016, 08:12:34 PM »
What stopped people from walking along and pulling the handle if they hadn't inserted a coin?
Would it still spin but just not payout?

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2016, 08:16:30 PM »
when lever 22 is up the handle should not pull far enough to release the reels

you may need to oil the handle machine so it functions properly if they have had it on free play too long it could be gummed up

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2016, 08:24:29 PM »
It appears the the handle lock out / release has been bypassed. Thus the handle can be pulled anytime.
Will be able to send more information tomorrow.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2016, 08:26:28 PM »
hey david I haven't had time to go to storage and dig out that piece of glass for your 809 yet sorry I'll get there this week maybe

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2016, 08:26:51 PM »
Thanks David, that would really help me out right now.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2016, 09:07:55 PM »
Thanks John,

As I mentioned in the phone message. The 809 reels and the mechanism are a match set. Completed the "Plums" circuit from the reels beau plug to the payout step up unit payout board and it works perfect. Just need to do the rest. The only other problem is the hopper runs on cherries, but no payout as the wiring is not complete to the step up yet. Somehow the hopper motor is getting power when the 1st cherry stops on the pay line. Going to isolate the wipers from the wiper fingers to see what happens and go from there.
May start a new topic to get a little help on the cherry / hopper situation.

Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2016, 09:15:56 PM »
Daniel,[/size]Yes, I have a couple of machines similar to yours. Both Bally's, one is a 1088 and the other is 1090 quarter machines. Tomorrow I will be able to compare your photos to how it is suppose to be. Will send photos to help. In the meantime try lifting the handle release armature part #22 and push the vertical lever that goes into the handle mechanism to the back of the machine. This should cause the handle to be locked out. Now try pulling the handle.Dave

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2016, 03:35:28 AM »
Spot on David, if i lift the handle release armature manually (part #22) and do nothing more the handle mechanism is now locked. It appears that vertical lever is what is stopping the mechanism from moving when armature 22 is lifted.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2016, 11:21:03 AM »
the post office is closed tomorrow will mail it out on Tuesday morning if that works for you

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal