New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Summit conversion reels keep spinning  (Read 2089 times)

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Summit conversion reels keep spinning
« on: September 17, 2018, 09:47:09 PM »
Hello all, I have a Summit conversion slot I am working on. I have got the reels working good. I think most everything works. The problem I am having is when I drop the quarters and pull the handle all 3 reels SPIN good but they will not lock and stop. It does not give a tilt just 16- in the window. Does anyone know what would cause all 3 reels coils not to fire and stop the reels? This is my first Summit so I need a little help. Thanks

Offline ramegoom

• Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
Re: Summit conversion reels keep spinning
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 07:22:53 AM »
16 is reel 1 failed to stop (tilt code).
www.ramegoom.com/john/Summit_Systems/Tilt_codes.docx

Offline newkid3

• newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 07:45:12 AM »
Thanks ramegoom, do you know where i need to start looking for the reason the 1st reel is not stopping. Since all 3 reels do not stop is that going to be a common problem with all 3? The other 2 I would think would stop if it was not a common issue or does it shut it down when the first one does not stop? Thanks

Offline ramegoom

• Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 08:39:45 AM »
What Summit do you have? Post pictures of your electronics. Usually it's in a cage in the reel assembly with two PC boards and a power supply.

There is a diagnostic chip that plugs into the main CPU board and allows individual testing of each relay, switch and solenoid. Might be a problem with the reel stop solenoid on the left reel - check connections to it. If you get to that point, I have the chip.

One of the biggest problems that I have found with the Summit setup is the rear connection plugs and receptacles in the back of the reel assembly - they tend to corrode and make for bad connections. You need to clean the male terminals with a pencil eraser and check for proper alignment. Maybe remove the reel assembly and put it back in a few times to help with the contacts.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 09:13:28 AM »
Hopefully this will help. I picked this up off an old thread on the Summits. It gives a break down of the Red circuit board. If I remember correct the little 6 leg IC needed to be replaced.

Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 03:14:43 PM »
I found on the back of the reel assembly there where 2 of the male metal pins that where not out as far as all of the others. I pulled them out and put the reel unit back in. It still did not operate properly. So i pulled the reel unit out again and the pins where pushed back in. So i pulled them out again put the reel unit back in. Everything works as it should now. Is there anyway to get those pins to stay out like they should? I am afraid if I pull the reel unit out and put it back in it might not work again. Thanks

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 03:24:59 PM »
If you post a picture of the plug someone
may have one to replace it with .
just make sure your picture is under 1 meg.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 06:55:28 PM »
If your having a problem with one or two of the straight male pins, then you could pull it forward and mix up some epoxy and apply it at the base of the plug with a tooth pic. You shouldn’t need much to keep it from being push back.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 07:20:19 PM »
Thanks Amechanic, I was kinda thinking that but I did not know if that would be ok or not. Thanks

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 08:41:40 PM »
The epoxy doesn’t conduct electricity. So as long as you don’t pile it on to interfere with the plug going together, you should be fine. Just don’t try to put it together too soon. Make sure it good and dry, then gently slide it together to make sure everything lines up.
And remember...

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 09:27:09 PM »
Thanks the epoxy worked great.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 09:44:39 PM »
Glad it worked. So alls good to go ?
And remember...

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2018, 10:01:14 PM »
Yeah on that one it is working perfect. I just started a new post on the problem I am having with the other one. Thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal