New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally S9000 has a problem with MEI Bill acceptor  (Read 9925 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Bally S9000 has a problem with MEI Bill acceptor
« on: November 22, 2015, 04:22:38 PM »
I just picked up my first 2 Bally Alphas S9000 machines. After doing a clear and then the setup, the MEI Bill acceptor is not working? It has all 3 light lite on the head. The doors bezel lights are lite, and I don't see any error messages on the screen. Did I miss something in the setup, it is set for the Mars acceptor.

Can anyone tell me what version of software I need for these Alphas?  Does anyone know who can program the MEI if its needed? I know they use a hand held programmer, are any of those available to purchased?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bally S9000 has a problem with MEI Bill acceptor
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 04:51:53 PM »
It has a jcm smart bezel and a mars validator?  Pull the head out and look under the bill entry area to see if you really have a 6607 and not a 6602 (netplex).  Also take a look at the back of the validator, how is it hooked up to the cabinet?  Is it a square molex out of the validator connected to an adapter then connected with the 5 pin connector and the 2 pin connector?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 05:24:10 PM »
This machine has the square white molex plug and is wired as you have asked to the black 5 pin and to a 2 pin plug. I do have the model 6607 head.

Yea I saw the smart bezel when I bought the machine, but soon learned it had the Mar MEI Acceptor.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 07:46:45 PM »
Silly question, but is there a cash can installed?  You may have incompatbile firmware installed on your head.  All 3 lights blinking is typically the head is not intializing.  You could also have a bad head.  Do you have access to another known good head you can try?  I have a friend who can flash these locally, but by the time you pay shipping back and forth, it may be easier for you to just buy another head that is known to be working to test.  If the new head fixes the issue, then it is just a question of whether or not you want your spare head fixed.  If it doesn't, then I would look into the the pcb that is on the cage.  It is a little board that slides out and connects the head with the harnesses on the back.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 08:42:03 PM »
Ok.. I did forget to mention that there is a cash can. When removed and reinserted the bill acceptor cycles. The 3 lights on the head are not flashing, they remain on a steady light. No blinking codes..

I did buy two of these S9000 Alphas. The second one does also have the MEI acceptor too. I will try the head off that unit to see if this acceptor will work.. If it doesn't, I'll have to check the other board you mentioned. Do you know what software version is used in my machine? The sticker on the head reads Mars Cashflow flash V2.00 USA 66B250138200
And remember...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 09:20:16 PM »
That is listed as a bally firmware.  However, stickers can lie.  You say you don't get a dbv error in the machine, can you look at the information screen that details all the software running and see if a dbv software is reported? The 3 solid lights are typicallly not a good sign, however, it could also be something as simple as a bad harness or a bad interface board (the board in the cage that I previously mentioned).

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 10:07:36 PM »
When I first got these two in I did try turning them on and letting them cycle. At that time in the menu it said it (HAD) a DBV in the setup menu, but thats when it came out of service. Somewhere along the line someone removed the DBV with this MEI unit.
I did a clear and now the machine is setup for the Mars MEI..  What has to be done to get at the interface board inside the cage? Is there a few screws to remove or is it something easier?
There are 2 other sets of wire that come off the back of this MEI, right next to the harness that's plugged in. Ones a white bundle with 3 wires with crimp on male terminals, and a black one with 2 of the same.. They don't seem to go any where?
Should this MEI bill acceptor cycle when the machine is ready to play as the S2000 does? It cycles when you first power it on now but that's it..
And remember...

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 104
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 04:12:23 AM »
According to the MEI manual all three colored lights on and not flashing means unit is not programmed. Probably the wrong firmware in them.  I had 8 units here that did the same thing until they were reprogrammed but as Rick stated it can be other faults too. 

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 04:41:53 AM »
As I asked in my last post, how hard is it to remove the board inside or to check that its seated/hooked up? I plan on trying a second head on this machine later today once I warm up the shop.. Would you be willing to look at this bill head?
And remember...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 07:44:48 AM »
The board just slides out.  It is held in place by just friction.  You could do it with the cage in the machine, but it is easier to remove with the cage out.  Just remove the head, and you will see the little board where the head makes contact.  You just grab it with your fingers and pull the board forward.  Then inspect for burnt traces and whatnot.  FIrst I would try replacing the head if you have another one that is known to be working.  Then I move on to the interface board.  I would also try the "bad" head into the machine that is working, to rule out any harnessing issues. 

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 10:08:03 AM »
Thanks for the information on removing the board.. At this time I do not have a working machine with a working MEI bill acceptor. The other machine I have is also untested. My next step is to try the bill head from the second machine. Once that's done I will report back..

Thanks, Gary
And remember...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 10:37:21 AM »
If you want me to test the heads,  I will do so gladly and can take them to get them flash for you if you wish (my local guy  :Scratch-Head: charges $20 to flash the head).  You would have to pay shipping back and forth though.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 11:22:08 AM »
That sounds great and I'll let you know..

Gary
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 04:32:22 PM »
Up date..  I tried the other MEI Head off the other Bally S9000 I had, but I still have the same problem with all 3 light remaining on.. I pulled the board out from inside and inspected it. I found a couple contacts bent down.
I went to pull the board from my second machine, but its gone/missing!  :hissyfit:
So I straightened the contacts on the only cage board I have and reinstalled it and the second MEI head I have. After the system booted up, I still have the 3 lights lite in the bill head with both MEI Heads.   :Scratch-Head:  I do have the second cage board coming in, but not for a coupe day. Now I sit and wait unless there is something else to try?
And remember...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 07:50:39 PM »
Check to see if both harnesses out the back look the same.  Bally only requires the 5 pin and the 2 pin connection.  All others can just hang.  Something else to look at, now that I remember, some of these interface board have the easytrak?? (I think that is what it's called) daughter card installed.  If your interface board has a piggyback board installed on it, remove it.  If the validator is not setup for easytrak software, you will get the error as well.  Note pictures below, one with the easytrak the other one without it.  Your interface board may have only 1 switch with the actuator arm, that is ok too.

Photos shamelessly ripped from Laslots website.  :arrowthruhead: :arrowthruhead: :arrowthruhead:

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 11:19:05 PM »
My interface board does not have the piggy back board. It looks like the first one you have pictured.. As for the adapter harness that's in between the MEI yellow wrapped wires with the white molex plug, to the machines two black plugs, one has 2 yellow wires the other is a 5 wire plug. I did see the exact adapter for sale at Spin, as I have here..
And remember...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 11:29:14 PM »
Ok, then that part of the validator is probably correct.  Did you inspect the interface board for any burned traces or obvious damage?  I have thrown away a lot of interface boards with all sorts of damage, probably from hot-plugging the validators.  I do know that the 6602 is wired differently than the 6607, but usually the 6602's come with a different harness.  If you can't get it to work with the new interface board, I can go and trace wiring so you can compare your wiring setup with a good known working pin out information.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
Re: Bally S9000 has a problem with MEI Bill acceptordał
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 12:56:17 AM »
I did not see any board damage. I cleaned the edge connector with a pink eraser.. Looked factory new..
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal