New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Evo video slot - general questions...  (Read 35602 times)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Bally Evo video slot - general questions...
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 12:07:01 AM »
Not sure what reading you're getting, but 2.8v is low for a CMOS battery. I'd go back to the original CD drive also. You don't have and can't load drivers for anything else. Might matter, might not, I don't know, bit the machine "seems" to like it. Beyond that I think I'll be a watcher for a bit as I'm learning from this too.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 07:07:57 AM »
i have never ran into a dvd drive that wont work in an evo. the jumper on the back of the drive does have to be in the correct place tho make sure you have it properly(a lot of computers use cable select because its easy i think the evo needs master but im no sure). the fact that the screen just displays no signal tells me the suitcase computer is not working properly. not coming on, being held in reset by mpu, or the vga cable that runs to the crt is not plugged in. btw this is a standard vga cable for anyone that needs a way to test an evo screen.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 08:21:29 AM »
I have had problems with processors going out on the suitcase boards.  I think they overheat due to poor ventilation.  I would change this out first in it.  Also the VGA card in these is pretty slot specific meaning you better use what they tell you to use.  Has the VGA card been changed out in this??  Attached is a photo of the proper VGA card for this slot.  I have both here if you want to replace them just to see what happens.  Email me

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 10:30:24 AM »
I just don't know enough about this machine to go any farther... or is it "further?"
I got A GREAT deal on a bunch of parts! So I'm awaiting their arrival. I'll have MPU's and suitcases to swap out. But... if anyone has any other leads or ideas, please let me know. I'm still at a loss as to why the original DVD lights up but doesn't not read or try to read the DVD, while the tested know-good DVD will not light up.  :Scratch-Head:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 11:22:58 AM »
I really don't know crap about these, but can you go into the bios and check to see if it's set to boot from the disk? Any chance your disk is damaged?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2014, 12:09:44 PM »
I don't believe the CD will load until the suitcase boots. They do not boot independently.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2014, 12:39:51 PM »
cowboygames and CVslots
Yeah... that's what I learned from the others who posted, who have these machines: it boots from the suitcase and that's where it's stuck. I still wish I knew what the codes mean on my top display. I wonder if they're any clue?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2014, 01:30:27 PM »
the c1 error is just for the progressive controller it will go away once the rest of the machine is working properly. can i get pics of the inside of the cabinet whats plugged into the suitcase. from memory you should have 2 cables plugged into it for a non hybrid evo.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2014, 01:30:51 PM »
More than likely, but you'd probably have to have a service manual to find out what

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2014, 01:34:15 PM »
C1 - communications link down

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2014, 02:02:11 PM »
the c1 error is just for the progressive controller it will go away once the rest of the machine is working properly. can i get pics of the inside of the cabinet whats plugged into the suitcase. from memory you should have 2 cables plugged into it for a non hybrid evo.

Site isn't letting me post pictures... they're in the size range... getting fatal error.
Working now but very slow!
Here's some shots.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2014, 02:08:27 PM »
More...

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 03:02:30 PM »
looks like your ide cable may be in secondary i dont remember if this is normal, and it doesn't explain why you would not be getting video out of the suitcase but you can try to swap it see if the cd drive comes online. it kinda looks like the ide cable my be pluged into both ide ports on the motherboard if this is so that my cause some strange problems.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 07:49:42 PM »
Does it go to the top plug or the bottom? I'm confused... as usual.

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2014, 08:06:41 PM »
it should run from the top plug to the cd drive.

also if you get a chance can i get a pic of the back of the cd drive next to where the cable plugges into.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2014, 09:36:53 AM »
Back of DVD. I did make sure the jumper on my replacement DVD was in the same spot. I've put the original back in. I removed that IDE from the bottom plug and there was no change.

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2014, 09:14:31 AM »
ok im going to send you down kind of an off shoot but i have it on a source i trust very well that this has fixed more than one machine with similar problems. first it would be helpfull if i could get pics of as much wiring as possible in the top box. thair is a device normally in the top box that if missing will apparently hold the mpu in fault making the suitcase computer not boot.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2014, 09:30:13 PM »
Pics...
While I was here, I noticed the lithium battery was dead! Is there an easy way to remove the box? I got the two plastic pegs out at the top but can't get the bottom to detach. I'll have to resume this Sunday night.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 11:25:17 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2014, 10:07:21 PM »
Last one.

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2014, 03:14:58 PM »
i dont know how they are mounted in the evos every mikohn i have seen has just been loose floating around in the machine. not seeing the cables im looking for. does it have a printer installed in it?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal