New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: money honey for sale  (Read 2165 times)

Offline puckhead

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
money honey for sale
« on: October 19, 2019, 03:52:58 PM »
i recent bought and repaired a money honey. with the help of some here, its fully working now.  nice condition, very slight pitting in the plating. has a topper.  i may keep it, or sell if if there is interest. i'll post pics in a bit, its located on long island. it might be easier to send  pics, i always have trouble here with files sizes.  let me know

thanks
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 07:15:15 PM by puckhead »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: money honey for sale
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 01:02:05 PM »
A Price would be helpful..... :dancing_2:
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline puckhead

• puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 02:05:12 PM »
agreed.  i have zero idea of its value, i thought somebody here would give their opinion.  i wouldnt have a clue whats its worth, i just know it has more value than a run of the mill EM .

Offline grumpy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • grumpy New User has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 04:50:59 AM »
If you come up with a price i would be interested I am on east coast and am looking for machine. Thanks ED

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 06:14:22 AM »
i have no way to price it, other than seeing what people offer. ive looked online, and havent found any comps.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 06:26:12 AM »
$100.00
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 06:48:11 AM »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 07:44:09 AM »
Well then post it for sale with a FUC*ING PRICE!!!
And remember...

Offline tuna

• tuna New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 02:32:25 PM »
He did price it a few days ago when he put it on Ebay for 1400.00

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 05:21:28 PM »
i put it on ebay as a fishing expedition.   how should i come up with a "FUC*ING PRICE!!!" , out of my butt?  i dont see any others for sale, dont see any completed sales. i do see a dealer selling one for 2400, but its a dealer. i  see some threads of some prices from 10 yrs ago, nothing remotely recent.  if 5 different people today tell my what they might pay, then that is the value.  there is nothing else to go on.  ps amachanic posted in 2010:---
Well Scott I did pay only $500 for My 742 about 5 yrs ago. It had an electrial problem that caused the hopper to run as soon as the handle was pulled. I finally found a wire grounded behind the hopper plug. Once that was fixed its been a wonderful machine to play and own. I don't think I would sell it for twice what I paid for it...----
i guess thats your answer, at least 1000, in your own words.  maybe your forgot a zero ?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2019, 06:50:11 PM »
Whoever is genuinely interested in this machine, please reply with your offering price to puckhead. Make sure you have a way to pick it up, or arrange shipping.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2019, 07:01:34 PM »
i put it on ebay as a fishing expedition.   how should i come up with a "FUC*ING PRICE!!!" , out of my butt?  i dont see any others for sale, dont see any completed sales. i do see a dealer selling one for 2400, but its a dealer. i  see some threads of some prices from 10 yrs ago, nothing remotely recent.  if 5 different people today tell my what they might pay, then that is the value.  there is nothing else to go on.  ps amachanic posted in 2010:---
Well Scott I did pay only $500 for My 742 about 5 yrs ago. It had an electrial problem that caused the hopper to run as soon as the handle was pulled. I finally found a wire grounded behind the hopper plug. Once that was fixed its been a wonderful machine to play and own. I don't think I would sell it for twice what I paid for it...----
i guess thats your answer, at least 1000, in your own words.  maybe your forgot a zero ?

I thought when we posted items for sale here that they had prices on them🤨?? This isn’t EBay or an auction house. I know where I can pick up original 742 machines for $500 all day long. Your quoting a post from me many years ago. These machines don’t demand the $$ they use too. I know where there are some killer 700 series machines for $400 each that have been for sale for months. Just not that many people want the old EM’s. They want the fancy bling bling of the new machine. Good luck on EBay with all the fees and taxes.
And remember...

Offline grumpy

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2019, 04:14:02 AM »
I will try $400.

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2019, 06:45:18 AM »
i appreciate the offer, but 400 wont do it. it would have to be enough to make me not regret selling it, im pretty sure i'll never get another. i'm going to state i dont think i would sell it for less than 900. for less than that, id like to keep it and enjoy it, its very attractive, plays well,  feels and sounds tight.   ive got limited room to display slots, will probably sell something else to make room. 

Offline hotlsot

• Reputation Power: 63
  • hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2019, 08:48:31 AM »
I'm going to help you out here. As a guy that once bought a warehouse full of 800 series bally e/m slots I have a little experience. The e/m market never developed. most thought as the machines turned 25 years old they were gold. They are hard to work on a require much more maintenance than most any other machine, outside of the dreaded bally e2000 and 5000. If you are looking to move the machine quickly you are in the $500 to $700 range. A fair price if you are willing to wait will be in the $800 to $1200 range. The guys asking more than that are willing to sit on the machine forever if needed. What doesn't work is pointing to an Ebay listing for X amount. The ask and the get are very seldom ever the same. I was thinking about listing a very special bag of dog poop for $75 ……….

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 09:06:22 AM »
i agree with you 100% on every point. ebay isnt a good indicator, unless you look at completed sales, and for money honey, there just arent any.  ebay can be good to make a high sale though. it gets a lot of eyeballs, and its a big country.  much easier to find someone with a money honey jones and some deeper pockets.  100-200 more or less isnt going to change my standard of living, and i like it a lot , so im in zero rush to sell it unless someone really wants it enough to go for more than a quick sale price. i appreciate your input, its sound reasoning.

Offline grumpy

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 05:12:22 PM »
I g[size=78%]uess i will try something else. A nice Poker machine if you have one. Something on east coast is so much closer than the west coast .Thanks Ed Parsons[/size]

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • slcjeeper New User barely matters.slcjeeper New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2019, 01:29:06 AM »
My 2cents and not looking to take anything away from your machine.  This is simply my experience. The 742-A is actually a quite common machine.  I've easily found 15 or more clean machines for sale since January.  I bought a 742-A in Florida for $150, saw another almost identical to yours in MD or some place close for $75, and more recently there was a group of 742s that sold as a lot on Ebay that averaged out to about $225 each and 1 was an armless model that is even more difficult to find. I see more value in an original 742 white side, but even those I find at $200-$500. If you like the machine,  I'd keep it. Unfortunately they don't have great monetary value unless put in a retail setting in front of that right buyer.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2019, 10:21:10 PM »
The market price is whatever a person is willing to pay for it. And due to a dearth of sales a "market value" might be hard to ascertain. Many machines on Craigslist and Ebay are overpriced and do not sell.  I have purchased machines off of Craigslist for up to $300 less than the asking price. Those people want the cash and want to sell.  You may get real lucky and find an uninformed buyer who likes the machine and pays your price. Otherwise, it is a waste of your time to try to get $900 for that machine, let alone $1400 on EBay. If you like it keep it.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2019, 05:06:29 AM »
Yea I’m feeling the prices dropping. Not sure what’s going on. The people who were looking for these machines a few year ago are gone.. I’ve had a few older Bally’s for sale for months, without even a text or email on them..
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal