New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Igt S+ Haywire doa  (Read 6179 times)

Offline Pwnu2noob

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pwnu2noob New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Igt S+ Haywire doa
« on: July 29, 2014, 03:38:15 AM »
Hey everyone! :wave:  The new site looks great!

Anyway, I'm getting ready to dig back into this Haywire machine I picked up a while back. I'll get some pics posted up and some more detailed info this week but, just wanted to get back into the swing of things and see if anyone is ready to do some troubleshooting with me?  :EmoticonHelp4:

The current state of the machine: dead.

From what i can remember, I've checked the power supply, the 6-pin connection, and the door optics is whereI left  off. The fluorescents are the only thing that turn on when powered up. No reel spin, no buttons, nothing.

I'm going to dig the machine out and start in on it tonight so I'll post up some more later.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Igt S+ Haywire doa
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 05:46:13 PM »
We look forward to helping you. S+ is pretty easy. You better re-check that 6 pin power cable. It is usually the green wire second from the right. But don't rule out the mother board it plugs into.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 05:48:52 PM »
Bring it on.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Pwnu2noob

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 05:30:55 PM »
Awesome! Thanks guys! Well i went out  and took a look at cab again and this thing is a wreck.  :Tongue_Out:  But i knew that when i picked it up so that's ok. (I say that now)

I decided to pull a few things out and this cab has some water damage along the bottom. Looking at the game board i noticed right away C34 is broken off, the battery for the board is gone, and one of the ic's has a broken leg.

The power transformer is in rough shape as well. I'm going to bench test it tomorrow to see what condition it's in.

The motherboard looks surprisingly good. No broken parts, no bad traces/burns. The top candle is busted but, i did a check of all the lights and everything is working ok so i know the lamp sockets and wiring to them is still good.
Coin hopper is in bad shape. May need to be replaced period.

The slide out "carriage" that holds the game board, MB, power supply, hopper, etc...(can't think of what it's called sorry) was also in rough shape. So today I took it into work and snuck into the maintenance shop on lunch and sand blasted it with a super fine media. Brought it home and put a coat of primer on it and now it's looking great.

Went ahead and stripped the cab so i can take it out to a friends shop (automotive shop) and get the cab cleaned up.

Well that's as far as I got to date. I'll post up some pictures in a few after I eat.

Anyone have a wiring schematic for these things I could have? :)

Offline Pwnu2noob

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 07:58:35 PM »

Started disassembly & checking lights

Broken C34 and missing leg on memory ic

Cab stripped down

Carriage after sand blasting and primer (looked as bad as bottom of machine!)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 08:14:11 PM »
Eeek! I may have got it going before I stripped it, but that just me! Hope you took some pics of the interior cabinet first. Seems easy enough when your yanking wires...lets hope it goes as smooth on the rebuild!  :yes:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 09:44:51 PM »
I think your first step should be to order another MPU board and back plane board.

The capacitor that blew up above the RAM chip is a 10 uF 25V tantalum capacitor and it was connected in parallel with the battery.

It looks like the board encountered a bunch of unwanted moisture because the IC leads I see are all rusted which means the sockets are probably rusted.

This is going to involve some major board work because many of the traces are probably rotted.

You could send the boards to Larry for repair (702-363-9998) where I would check them for viability and probably send you replacements.

OR place a WTB on NLG and get boards from a NLG seller.

Meanwhile every connector inside the machine should be checked for rust and corrosion and be cleaned or replaces.

If a tin lead exposed it's under layer of copper the lead must be replaced as the copper will oxidize and cause problems.

You may want to trash this machine and buy one that has not sat in water for who knows how long.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 10:15:45 PM »
Or....just put it back together and see what you get. typically, there are 2 components known to fail, MPU and motherboard. As for the rest, the machines are tanks. Put it back together right, and chances are, $60-70 bucks, you have a working machine. Put it back together wrong, all bets are off, lol!

You're this far in, I wouldn't junk it. But, of course, that is only my opinion,,,,

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 12:53:07 AM »
The Vbb pin was blown off of the RAM chip, you would need to replace the RAM and it's socket plus add the 10 uF cap before powering up if you decide to use the MPU board that came with the machine.

Offline Pwnu2noob

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 04:09:11 AM »
Thanks for the reply everyone!

Last night I ordered the RAM chip and some repclacement caps to start off with. I figured i''ll  replace those parts and go from there. Also, I rang out some of the suspect traces on the board. Weren't as many as younwould expect but, the ones that looked funny all still showed continuity. But won't know for sure until I fire it up. Worse case I buy a couple new boards I guess.

The connectors have some oxidation build up but, I've started to clean them up as well.

Well need to get ready for work. Planning on some more repair work tonight and I'll get some more pics posted up with progress.

Oh before I forget, does anyone recommend a website for purchasing parts?

Thanks again for thenhelp everyone! :) :thank_you:

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 07:59:53 AM »
Have you removed the backplane board and checked it for rust?

See attached for a backplane layout.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 10:14:18 AM »
Most of the vendors on the Home Page (middle of page banner ads) will be able to help you with parts.  :yes:

Offline Pwnu2noob

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 10:35:40 AM »
Yes, I've looked at the backplane board and it looks surprisingly good. I haven't had a chance to put it under the magnifying glass yet but, it's on my radar.

I'll take a look at the vendors listed on the site.

Thanks guys!!!

Offline Pwnu2noob

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 08:00:38 PM »
Well crap...bench tested the transformer and it is having problems. Results:

Primary Side
pin 1 115vac com ok
[size=78%]pin 2  115vac hot ok[/size]
pin 3 n.c.

Secondary Side
Pin 4 & 5 - only reading 14.7vac

Pin 6&7 - 24.2vac

Pin 8&9 - nothing

Ugh...anyone have one of these laying around?  :Scratch-Head:

I can post pics if needed.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 07:12:44 AM »
You can save a lot of trouble by just replacing the board and tray. Probably not very expensive either. Just a thought...

Offline Pwnu2noob

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 10:52:15 AM »
Yeah, I think that's the best option. Looking into replacement parts now.  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline Pwnu2noob

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 02:13:00 PM »
Well some progress made on the cabinet. Media blasting, sanding, and some primer. Going to do the sides in the black laminate this week.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 04:21:11 PM »
Are you sending door, tray and trim parts out to be chromed?
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Pwnu2noob

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 04:48:10 PM »
Not sure yet. They are in pretty hood shape but, I also enjoy customizing my stuff so I'm also considering doing a high gloss black on those parts. Again, not sure. Need to check around here and see who does chroming. Also considered black chrome. Guess we'll see :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 04:51:08 PM »
Most auto repair shops know of a good chrome-er.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal