New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Asking for more help please...  (Read 7388 times)

Offline jonbbrew

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Asking for more help please...
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2023, 11:28:00 AM »
before you purchase anything, use the display from the slant top and plug it in to the upright, doesn't have to be installed, just unplug the 5 pin connector from the upright machine and plug it into the display from the slant top, holding the display in your hand, turn on the machine and see what you see on the display!

should take all of 10 minutes to do this.

Jim
Thanks Jim I appreciate the continued help. I just went out and try that but nothing changed. It did briefly flash a digit, but was weird as I powered it up a few times. It did not do the same thing. I’ll try to post pictures in just a second.
How about throwing me some positive KARMA love by clicking on the left!

Offline jonbbrew

• jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2023, 11:33:57 AM »
before you purchase anything, use the display from the slant top and plug it in to the upright, doesn't have to be installed, just unplug the 5 pin connector from the upright machine and plug it into the display from the slant top, holding the display in your hand, turn on the machine and see what you see on the display!

should take all of 10 minutes to do this.

Jim
OK, so these are screenshots of a video I took. I powered it on and off about three times and each time it gave a different result. These are only millisecond flashes nothing sustained. This thing is crazy! Every time I try something new, I feel more and more lost and disappointed. I really want this to join my other ones in working.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2023, 05:36:33 PM »
Can any issue with the arm lever prevent the board from booting up without an error first? I’m really running out of things to look at here to figure this out.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2023, 06:23:03 PM »
can you take a close up picture of the plugs on top of the cpu housing. should be four of them.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2023, 06:26:07 PM »
can you take a close up picture of the plugs on top of the cpu housing. should be four of them.

Jim

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2023, 02:39:52 AM »
Any other ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.

Offline RobinAK

• Reputation Power: 25
  • RobinAK New User barely matters.RobinAK New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2023, 09:14:41 AM »

Okay so this is my thought. Check all the display circuits from end to end for continuity and for being shorted to one another and carefully inspect the connections for the display on each end. If nothing is found. I would disconnect everything from the MPU and mother board that is not needed to make the board power up and make the display come on. So basically just power to the mother board, the MPU plugged in to it and just the needed wiring for the display itself connecting to the MPU & Board. Nothing else connected. No reels, buttons, BV, lights or anything. And I would disconnect closest to the MPU and mother board. To help eliminate wiring shorts as being the issue. And just focus on getting the display to come up and give codes which obviously its gonna have codes with everything disconnected. Then slowly start reconnecting everything until the display stops working. Just and idea.

Offline ggodar

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • ggodar New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2023, 11:16:14 AM »
 I went through just about the same thing so this is going to sound to easy to be true. Mine was the molex connections for the door optics. I had stuck my probe for MM in the female end and it spread them out so I took a pick and bent them back tight. They felt tight but wasn’t making connection. I know it sounds silly but it worked an ever since. Try it.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2023, 02:53:41 PM »

Okay so this is my thought. Check all the display circuits from end to end for continuity and for being shorted to one another and carefully inspect the connections for the display on each end. If nothing is found. I would disconnect everything from the MPU and mother board that is not needed to make the board power up and make the display come on. So basically just power to the mother board, the MPU plugged in to it and just the needed wiring for the display itself connecting to the MPU & Board. Nothing else connected. No reels, buttons, BV, lights or anything. And I would disconnect closest to the MPU and mother board. To help eliminate wiring shorts as being the issue. And just focus on getting the display to come up and give codes which obviously its gonna have codes with everything disconnected. Then slowly start reconnecting everything until the display stops working. Just and idea.
thank you. I’ll check that out.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2023, 02:55:06 PM »
I went through just about the same thing so this is going to sound to easy to be true. Mine was the molex connections for the door optics. I had stuck my probe for MM in the female end and it spread them out so I took a pick and bent them back tight. They felt tight but wasn’t making connection. I know it sounds silly but it worked an ever since. Try it.
Interesting. So I was under the impression that it would still boot up, spin etc but just not play with optic issues. Sounds like you’re saying that it won’t?

Offline ggodar

• NLG
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2023, 04:12:40 PM »
No it will not.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2023, 04:48:37 PM »
No it will not.
Interesting. My other machine will spin and show on display with door open.

Offline RobinAK

• NLG
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2023, 04:55:23 PM »

I had a machine with same issue. It would randomly have door open issues. Like very random. It go for days or even weeks and would glitch once. Go for another week or more. Sometimes it would act up for 10 mins and then go away. It would do it just long enough for me to dive into it and then it would stop. Oh man it drive me nuts. Was hard to nail down for sure. Was exact same issue, spread optic terminals.

Offline ggodar

• NLG
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2023, 05:19:58 PM »
I am no expert on S Plus machines. I would have to think your other machine has some sort of by pass on the door optics. Everyone I talked with on my issue said your door have to work before everything else will work. When I finally figured it out the machine runs perfect. Good luck.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2023, 11:43:26 AM »
Are you talking about the connector where the door optics connect like when you need to replace the optics or somewhere else? Picture?
I will go try this, but like with other recent suggestions i am reluctantly optimistic. A lot of folks who have been helping me say the door is not the issue as i am not getting any bootup processes.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2023, 11:44:26 AM »

Jim
Did the picture give you any ideas?

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2023, 02:20:29 PM »
SUCCESS!!!!!

Whew! :dancing_2: This crazy journey is now coming to a close....While on vacation i just picked up another Splus that is clean and working, except for the handle...later project. The only thing left besides the wiring harnesses themselves was the power supply. As you can see in previous posts i did get help about how to meter the supply and it appeared it was working fine so i moved on.

The boards were fine and checked in other machines
Wrong chips were replaced
The molex plug was replaced
The display was replaced
Candle added to help with diagnostics

But low and behold, using the power supply from the newly acquired machine and it boots right up....I am still puzzled how it metered ok but was the issue. I am going to put the "bad" power supply in my new machine to confirm that it is bad and not just a connection issue somewhere when messing with it.

Thanks again all that assisted. I learned a ton from this process thanks to you along with losing some hair and gaining a few ulcers....hehehe...

Now in search for a power supply.....

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2023, 02:37:46 PM »
Hard to believe that the power supply is bad!, you measured the correct voltages, 24 vac, 8 vac, and 7vac.  the only problem I have ever seen with the power supply was the fuse caps, the spring or lack of a spring would cause intermittent problems.

Glad you are close.

I have power supplies if you need one.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2023, 04:42:32 PM »
 :I_agree_1: About 40 Replys ago, I said the power supply was good.
His readings all checked out good.  :Scratch-Head:
Something we don't know about happened between then and now.
Anyways, glad it's working now.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RobinAK

• NLG
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2023, 10:21:40 AM »
Yay!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal