New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Empty "U18" 28 Pin Socket on IGT S-Plus MPU Board  (Read 1816 times)

Offline twinfire

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • twinfire New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Empty "U18" 28 Pin Socket on IGT S-Plus MPU Board
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2023, 02:02:44 PM »
Have a look at the picture below, either I’m doing something wrong, or the wording is wrong in the instructions.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2023, 03:20:53 PM »
I think that's probably and error, but S+ machines do have different LED displays.  One on the bottom of the reels, and the other to the right side of the reels.  They may be different, I'm not real sure, but as long as you get the 9-1 in either window it's working.

What SP game PROM do you have in your machine, 731?  It may need to be enabled in the game options as well.

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2023, 03:43:55 PM »
What SP game PROM do you have in your machine, 731?  It may need to be enabled in the game options as well.

Yes, SP731

How would I enable it in the game options?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2023, 03:57:29 PM »
I attached a PSR for SP731.  It's actually the same menu as the set chip, so you can only view it, not change it from the self test menu.  You should probably check it though to make sure it was saved correctly if you haven't already done so.  Another thing to look at is the limit settings, although I'm pretty sure the validator is enabled with the machine default ones. 

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2023, 04:50:33 PM »
Thank you for that, I'll have a look see.

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2023, 09:00:38 PM »
Well, I was able to get the bill acceptor lights to turn on using the test procedure, but that’s about it.

Still can’t figure out why it won’t light up on its own and accept bills.   :Scratch-Head:

Any suggestions?

Would it be best for me to start a new post on my DBV not working?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2023, 09:05:57 PM »
It does however cycle through a few times when machine is turned on.

"A few times" could be subjective, but if you hear it cycling more than once or twice on power-up, it's likely that the validator is not mating properly with the stacker box (the "cash can") and it eventually gives up after trying about three or four times. If you can post a brief video of the power-up sequence and sounds that it's making, we can help to confirm that.

The best way to post a video here is to upload the video to YouTube, and then paste the YouTube link here.

Also, I'm guessing it was a typo in the DBV instructions. I don't feel like pulling a board out of one of my machines to go through it myself, but I'm taking your word that the directions should have indicated the Winner Paid window (and not the Credits window as previously noted) and I updated the instructions accordingly:

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/dbv.htm
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2023, 03:42:22 PM »
After being powered down & un-plugged over night, I plugged it back in and turned on the switch. The machine started as usual with the BV cycling I believe twice. This time however the cash/credit button was lit up (I don’t recall this happening before) so I pressed it & the BV lit up as if it were ready to accept bills! Of course I had to try it, so I slid a $1 bill inside & it took it giving me 4 quarters. I slid another in & it gave me 4 more  :Tongue_Out: (no pun intended). I tried another $1 bill, it took it and nothing happened, no coins returned, no credits, no nothing. I turned the machine off, then back on after a minute or two & the machine spit the $1 bill back out. Now the machine shows no sign of taking bills again. I can’t seem to figure out what made it start working, or what made it stop working.  :Scratch-Head:

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2023, 07:31:43 PM »
I'm starting to think you have a bad bill validator power supply or a bad validator.

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2023, 07:05:46 PM »
Ok, I finally got the bill validator to work. After lots of inspecting of the inside of the machine & unplugging wire harness plugs one by one cleaning them etc I found the culprit. The white six pin connector on the left side of the BV had a tiny bit of oxidation on the pins. I scraped them with an exacto knife & voila; it lit up & started working!

Great, now I have only tried it with one dollar bills since it is a DBV 45, or 145 not sure if they are one & the same, but anyway it works.

Then I discovered that if you put in a bill it doesn’t like, or in upside down it tries to reject it & spit it back out, but can’t seem to do it, the BV just makes noise like it’s trying to kick it out & then it stops. The bill validator then becomes inoperable, the top light on the candle lights up solidly. The machine must be turned off then back on in order for the bill to eject itself without any problems & the machine then resumes play.

Why do you think the machine needs to be cycled off then back on for the bill to eject properly?

Could it be a setting?

Is it doing this so an attendant must come and reset it, maybe check for counterfeit bills being inserted?

Thanks

« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 07:24:08 PM by twinfire »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2023, 07:25:43 PM »
Dirty contacts can cause problems no doubt.  Glad you figured that one out. 

DBV-45 and DBV-145 are different validators.  The DBV-45 will accept bills face up or down, the 145 is face up only with the black seal entering first. 

When it accepts a bill, does it stack it and give you credit for it? 

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2023, 07:33:15 PM »
When it accepts a bill, does it stack it and give you credit for it?

Hi Tilt & thanks,

Yes, it stacks in the cash can nicely & issues 4 credits, it is a 25 cent machine.

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2023, 07:40:39 PM »
... also I just checked, it’s a DBV 45-SS-6021

Funny thing is it only accepts the bills face up with the presidents head on the right hand side?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2023, 07:47:44 PM »
It's old, but a manual I found for it says it will accept it face up or face down. 

The acceptance part is working as it should.  I'm not sure why it would have problems rejecting it if it's not wrinkling the bill up, which apparently it's not because it can reject it when you power cycle the machine.  There isn't any setting I can think of that would cause that, but I don't know why it would be doing that either.  Hopefully someone with more experience with them will have some ideas for you. 

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2023, 07:57:49 PM »
Ok, thanks again Tilt for all your help and suggestions, I sure do appreciate it.   :thank_you:

I’ll sit tight in hopes that someone will shed some light on this issue.

It seems it should be an easy fix, but then again…   :Scratch-Head:

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2023, 10:21:14 PM »
There is no setting that would cause the machine to retain a rejected bill. It sounds like the validator is having issues successfully rejecting the bill on the first attempt, but then upon a power cycle is then able to.

The ultimate solution would be to upgrade your bill validator. The 45 is a very old one and at best it's only going to likely accept $1 bills, unless you have a stash of really old design US currency.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2023, 10:44:28 PM »
It seems it should be an easy fix, but then again…   :Scratch-Head:

Not to pile on here but... I'd suggest you contact Jim @ Midwest (home page vendor) to get a newer DBV/transport mech assembly.  That would take care of your transport problem,  make life much easier and allow for more denominations of newer bills.  His prices are more that reasonable and he offers great tech support.

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2023, 02:19:40 PM »
Call me crazy, but I just don’t understand this.  :Scratch-Head:

After I logged off this site last night I turned off the machine with the switch behind the door then closed the door & latched it, then unplugged the machine from the wall.

About an hour ago I plugged the machine in, opened the door, turned the switch on let it do its startup then inserted a dollar bill. It took the bill and gave me the 4 credits as it should. Now for a test I put another bill in (the same bills I’ve been using this entire time for testing purposes) but this time upside down & the BV ejected the bill!! What, I couldn’t believe it, so I did it again & it ejected the bill again.  :wtf1: Letting it sit overnight and now it works just fine???  :arrowthruhead:

Hey, not complaining here, just confused as hell, but at the same time extremely happy it’s working.  :Jump:

I will let you all know how long it stays working, but also if I ever figure out what the issue was, or is, I will be sure to post it here.

Thank you all again for all the help! 

Now it’s time for me to figure out the problem with my other S-Plus machine bill validator, that post is here if you’re interested:
  https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=41125.0

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2023, 04:12:44 PM »
I've had odd things like that happen before too.  Something isn't working and ya start troubleshooting it and all of the sudden it works and you have no idea what you did to get it working.  Sometimes the original problem comes back, sometimes it doesn't.  Let's hope it doesn't!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal