New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Top Dollar Questions  (Read 1252 times)

Online Kjr7888

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kjr7888 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ Top Dollar Questions
« on: December 14, 2023, 07:43:46 AM »
Just picked up a non functioning S+ Top Dollar. After some initial investigating the 3.6v battery is dead. I have new one ordered and will replace tomorrow.

The machine has a SP978 also hand written on chip is "512K 7BBD Game"-does this make sense to anyone?

I have a couple other questions but let's see if the battery replacement gets the machine going first.

Thank you!

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ Top Dollar Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 09:01:00 AM »
The machine has a SP978 also hand written on chip is "512K 7BBD Game"-does this make sense to anyone?

Think of the SP978 eprom chip as the operating system for your S+'s MPU board.
Also, the RNG (Random Number Generator) is located inside that chip.
"512k" is the memory size of the SP GAME PROM chip in kilobytes.
It should be written as "KB"...I on't know why they left out the"K"?
"7BBD" is the CRC or checksum value of the contents programmed into it.

Can you show us a good, clear photo of the labels that's adhered to the top of the two chips (GAME PROM & REEL PROM) ?
 :Take_a_Photo:

Here's a link to some more info you may be interested in about your software installed...>>>

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Online Kjr7888

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 09:27:57 AM »
Thanks for the reply! I will check out the link you posted and hopefully be able to get more info as long as the battery replacement fixes the boot up issue 🤞. I am going to check for varta battery on mpu4 board tonight, can i remove it if it's still there? Any chance you would happen to know of a PSR for the SP978 chip or one that may be close? I would like to eventually program hopper limits and such once I get the machine working. Thanks

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2023, 09:45:33 AM »
Now we know why the label was incorrect.
That's NOT an original OEM chip in that machine.
That's a copy someone made, which doesn't mean it won't work, it just explains why the abbreviation for the word "kilobyte" was incorrect.
Also, just to let you know, removing memory batteries WILL corrupt the machine settings and internal accounting.
You will need to have a SET053 chip ready to re-enable the bill validator for your Top Dollar machine.
Contact NLG member RB for one...tell him I sent ya...haha

...Any chance you would happen to know of a PSR for the SP978 chip or one that may be close? I would like to eventually program hopper limits and such once I get the machine working. Thanks

You don't need a PSR sheet to set options.
There's a link to Test Option Sheets in this topic that you might be interested in...>>>

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=586.0

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Online Kjr7888

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2023, 09:57:43 AM »
thank you! I will replace the 3.6v battery on lower board tomorrow and report back.

Also i read to remove the varta battery on the upper mpu4 board. is this true? I will check tonight and see if it is still there.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2023, 10:05:54 AM »
oh...by the way, your SP978 is a special Type 33 game.
There's a PSR for the SP978 GAME PROM chip in the NLG File System.
If you consider becoming a contributing member of NLG, you WILL have exclusive access to it.
There's TONS OF STUFF in there about slot machines.
Here's a link to make a donation...>>>

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions

Online Kjr7888

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2023, 11:07:20 AM »
Good News! I replaced the 3.6v battery, got the 61, then 61 1 and the machine is up and running. I have no reel spin/stop sound but the top dollar bonus sound is incredibly loud. I downloaded the sheet for the SP978 but I can’t for the life of me figure out the programming menus.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on enabling the reel spin/stop sound and lowering the top dollar bonus volume.

Any help would be great! Thanks

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2023, 11:57:27 AM »
Read carefully...>>>

Pressing the Bet One Credit player button switches “pages” forward through the self test mode, and pressing the Play Max Credits player switches pages backward. 
To move through the options pages within page zero <0>, turn the jackpot reset key. 
To change settings within an options page, press the Spin Reels player switch.

The numbers appearing below enclosed in < > represent the self test page number, [ ] represent the option number, and { } represent the setting.

Volume Control <0> [3]   Sets the volume for all sounds. 
Options range from loudest volume level {1} to lowest volume level {9}. 
This option defaults to {1} on cold power up.

Sooo, according to the PSR SP978, when you turn on the machine, the volume should be on the loudest setting? haha
You need to turn it down to like "8" or "9".
This is how you do it...>>>

1). Open the door, turn on the power swtch, press the little white Test button once.
2). Turn the Jackpot Reset key a few times, until you see a "3"....you should see 0-3 on your display.
3). Now press the Spin button until you get to "8" or "9".
4). Close the door and play a game or two to check the volume.

Online Kjr7888

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2023, 12:15:01 PM »
When I open the door and press the test button once, a 0 is displayed in the credits area. 1 turn of jackpot key puts a 1 in credits window. Second turn of jackpot key puts 2 in credits window. It stays in this sequence no matter how many times I turn the jackpot key.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2023, 12:20:33 PM »
Hmm...try hitting the Test button until you see the "3"?
Or get there by pressing the Bet One Credit button on the deck?

Need to get the display to read [0_3], then hit the Spin button to change the volume.

Online Kjr7888

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2023, 12:35:47 PM »
I appreciate the help! But for some reason I still can’t get a 0 3.

If I open door and press test button once I get 2 in the credits window.

I press test button again I get 000 in winner paid with last 0 flashing.

I press test button again I get 00 in winner paid with last 0 flashing.

I press test button again I get 1  0 in winner paid

I press test button again I get 10  1 in winner paid

I press test button again I get 10 in winner paid and spin reels button lights up

I press test button again I get 50 in winner paid

I press test button again I get 8888 in winner paid, 8888 in credits, 8 in coins played

And it continues… Seems to do the same if I use the reset key…

I can’t seem to get 3. I’m sure it’s something stupid that I am doing wrong. I will keep trying to figure it out. Thank you very much for your help so far!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2023, 01:14:48 PM »
Push the test button once then try pressing the bet one button or turn the JP key and see what happens.

Online Kjr7888

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2023, 01:26:51 PM »
I figured it out!

Open door and press the test button, 0 is displayed in credit meter. Press bet one credit, 00 is displayed in winner paid. Press bet one credit again. Now 1__0 is displayed in winner paid. Turn jackpot key to corresponding setting you wish to change.

Took me a minute but I got the reel volume adjusted and the top dollar bonus volume adjusted. Thank you very much for all of your help.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2023, 01:41:53 PM »
 :cool_thumb_up:

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2023, 01:43:05 PM »
Haha...Those Options settings are a pain in the you know what.... :rotfl:

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2023, 12:05:45 AM »
Congratulations on getting the game up and running and your volumes adjusted. On my S+ Barcrest Pinball, the bonus was loud even after making adjustments in the menu. It was pointed out to me that there is a physical volume adjustment pot on the card that plugs into the MPU4 in the Barcrest top box, so there is another adjustment available if you need it.

There is a Varta battery in the Barcrest top box that is a ticking time bomb for the board in there. I've never gotten a clear answer as to if it can just be removed or not, but I think it can. I haven't gotten around to removing mine, but I really need to.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Online Kjr7888

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2023, 05:20:42 AM »
Someone before me removed the Varta and remote mounted a battery pack with 2 AA batteries in place of the Varta. I removed the remote batteries and everything still functions. I am in the process of swapping out the bulbs to led and have a coulple more things to sort out and it will be done. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Online Kjr7888

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2023, 05:27:28 PM »
One more question! lol

Is there a way to keep the top barcrest lights on solid while playing the game or not in attract mode. The lights right now constantly flash unless the machine is in top dollar game or in attract mode.  I have setup attract mode per the PSR for SP978. So when the game sits idle for x amount of time it will play attract music and the lights in Barcrest units will flash.

Thanks!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2023, 09:20:12 PM »
I don't think it's typical for the lights to be flashing when a normal (non-bonus) spin is happening. Did you replace the bulbs with LEDs by chance? Can you post a video of what you're seeing (take a brief video with your phone, upload it to YouTube, and post the link to it here)?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Online Kjr7888

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2023, 06:52:18 AM »
Yes they are led, all lights function correct when in the bonus game mode or in attract mode. I also noticed the take offer and try again lights don’t light up when in bonus game mode (those are regular incandescent bulbs).

Here is the video:

https://youtube.com/shorts/7OvQIrz_JTs?si=89tg7VJYB6salyaF

Thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal