New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Igt s2000 coin in jam persistent error  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Pblanton1

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Pblanton1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Igt s2000 coin in jam persistent error
« on: August 28, 2020, 09:00:59 PM »
I have a igt s 2000 red hot 7s 3 reel machine that has a coin in jam error I can not solve

I have checked both door io cards in a working machine and they are good

Got a jumper from a good machine and no luck also the button deck is giving issues when key chipping Where certain buttons are not doing what they are supposed to in this menu

Reel light won’t come on

Belly light comes on for a little bit and then goes out

Upon first boot up I smelled a bit of burning plastic for a few mins then the smell went away
Also the machine is in coinless mode

Update Replaced a ballast and lights and deck board started working as normal

Now have 3 errors
Coin in error (not coin in jam)
Hopper Malfunction extra coin paid
Meter disconnect
Also when opening and closing door to clear errors on occasion credits are added on to machine anywhere’s between 1-12 credits at a time per incident

Any tips would be helpful
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 08:57:11 PM by Pblanton1 »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Igt s2000 coin in jam persistent error
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 04:32:35 PM »
Unplug all of your ballasts for lighting. Ballasts do crazy things to S2000's. Then plug back in one at a time
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Pblanton1

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 08:57:39 PM »
Updated original post with new info

Offline ThirdGenAmusement

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 12:17:41 PM »
I am curious how you checked your I/O cards?  I had very similar situation and both my I/O door cards had the amber led/leds but once I replaced them the machine worked.  So if your able to get another known good I/O card it would be worth the time to swap out one card, see how the machine reacts, then swap the other out. 

Retro Tech Repair posted on my thread with this similar issue with the following info which was really helpful for me.  Hopefully it may help you narrow down which card may be an issue:

The more info im seeing the more it sounds like one of your senet devices is fried. These can sometimes be difficult to diagnose because they are all chained off one another so if you end up with a device that’s enable is stuck the game cant tell what parts is actually talking and can show the wrong errors or random errors. The only way to find the fault at this point is to test everything.

Senet devices And what they control are.Cabinet io board(the one mounted to the mpu tray).   Candle   Meters   Hopper   HandleDoor io boards.   Between belly door and door plate (can be 801,802, or black card).      All basic door buttons (change denom button not touch pannel, max bet, spin, bet one, cash out, service)      Coin comparator and optics.      Bet line lights (not bet line display).   Door plate into the machine (has to be 802 or black card).      I believe this one only controls the 2 rows of line bet buttons.Credit display   5,5,2 only controls itself.   6,6,2 controls itself and the multi denom touch panel.Bet per line display.   Only controls itself.Backlight reel driver.   Only controls reel backlights.I usually start with the cabinet io card i have just seen it fail most often. You could also have a bad mpu but i have never seen and enhanced board fail in this way it’s usually the 50x boards that have senet faults (buffer ics like to go pop).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 12:30:06 AM by knagl »

Offline Pblanton1

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 12:31:05 PM »
I am curious how you checked your I/O cards?  I had very similar situation and both my I/O door cards had the amber led/leds but once I replaced them the machine worked.  So if your able to get another known good I/O card it would be worth the time to swap out one card, see how the machine reacts, then swap the other out. 

Retro Tech Repair posted on my thread with this similar issue with the following info which was really helpful for me.  Hopefully it may help you narrow down which card may be an issue:

The more info im seeing the more it sounds like one of your senet devices is fried. These can sometimes be difficult to diagnose because they are all chained off one another so if you end up with a device that’s enable is stuck the game cant tell what parts is actually talking and can show the wrong errors or random errors. The only way to find the fault at this point is to test everything.Senet devices And what they control are.Cabinet io board(the one mounted to the mpu tray).   Candle   Meters   Hopper   HandleDoor io boards.   Between belly door and door plate (can be 801,802, or black card).      All basic door buttons (change denom button not touch pannel, max bet, spin, bet one, cash out, service)      Coin comparator and optics.      Bet line lights (not bet line display).   Door plate into the machine (has to be 802 or black card).      I believe this one only controls the 2 rows of line bet buttons.Credit display   5,5,2 only controls itself.   6,6,2 controls itself and the multi denom touch panel.Bet per line display.   Only controls itself.Backlight reel driver.   Only controls reel backlights.I usually start with the cabinet io card i have just seen it fail most often. You could also have a bad mpu but i have never seen and enhanced board fail in this way it’s usually the 50x boards that have senet faults (buffer ics like to go pop).

The way I checked  my I/O cards is I swapped them 1 at a time with a working machine

Right now all 3 cards that were originally in the broken machine isn’t in a good machine and working where the 3 from the good machine are in the broken machine with no results

Also my candle is broken and disconnected could this be causing the issue ?

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 12:43:27 PM »
Candle is nothing but calls for change or shows machine door has been opened.

the rockin elvis

Offline Pblanton1

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 08:31:03 PM »
I guess I will get a new mpu board and test and see if it is the board I will update you all when I get that done

Offline Pblanton1

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 03:05:45 PM »
Update I got a new mpu board and still having same issues which again is bv com failure hopper extra coin paid and coin in error
Any ideas now guys ?

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 03:21:30 PM »
You took i/o cards from another machine, did you try the mpu from that machine? You don't have to change chips.

the rockin elvis

Offline Pblanton1

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 03:40:57 PM »
Yes I have tried the mpu from that machine as well as a brand new mpu the original mpu board from this machine works in others

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 03:59:39 PM »
Is the problem machine seeing the door as closed? Door optics working and aligned. With the door open push the button on the mpu which should bring up the menu. Now close the door. Did the menu go away and make the reels spin? I didn't go back to read the beginning, are you using coins and a hopper? Shoot a video of the machine booting up and displaying the errors and post to youtube and put link here. The more we can see the better we can help. Normally opening and closing the door clears the coin and hopper errors, but only if machine see's the door as closed.

the rockin elvis

Offline Pblanton1

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2020, 06:26:41 PM »
Can’t post a video but

Yes the door optics are seeing the door as closed

No coin hopper/comparator the jumper for coin comparator is in place

Opening and closing door results in reel spin and then 1 of the 3 errors listed above

No matter how many times you open and close  to clear codes you still have the same result a reel spin and then either coin in error hopper extra coin paid or bv comm error

« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 06:38:34 AM by Pblanton1 »

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2020, 01:47:28 AM »

Can’t post a video but

No coin hopper/comparator jumper or coin comparator in place

Was this machine working before? It has to have a c.c. jumper or nothing but coin problems. The jumper has 3 wires looped for the c.c.

the rockin elvis

Offline Pblanton1

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 06:40:32 AM »

Can’t post a video but

No coin hopper/comparator jumper or coin comparator in place

Was this machine working before? It has to have a c.c. jumper or nothing but coin problems. The jumper has 3 wires looped for the c.c.

Didn’t notice that typo

No this machine has not worked since I have it

C.C. Jumper is in place and I have tried different ones Incase I had a bad jumper

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2020, 08:43:55 AM »
In that case, I would do a ram clear and key chip it.

the rockin elvis

Offline Pblanton1

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2020, 08:56:35 AM »
I already have did 4 key clear procedures with no luck

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2020, 01:52:46 PM »
Well then you need to figure out how to do a video or start posting some pictures. Remember we are blind here. We can help you fix it.  I have never had one beat me. Since you cleared, did you do the key? Did you set it to coinless and no hopper? Did you tell it upright or sit down type? There has to be something so simple you are overlooking. It happens to everyone. Sometimes us old timers too.

the rockin elvis

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2020, 09:35:38 PM »
Have you tried swapping the power supply? It looks like your having issues with both major comms sustems netplex and senet and you have already replaced all those major components. At at this point my bet would be power supply or the eeprom on the motherboard/backplane.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal