New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT - Door Open B - Error after bypass  (Read 1192 times)

Offline TripleDiamond24

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TripleDiamond24 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT - Door Open B - Error after bypass
« on: September 23, 2020, 11:29:11 AM »
Hello - I just received a IGT Vision machine, model 1204051. I continue to have the Door Open B error code even after the green and blue wire for the bill box have been connected together. I was able to trace both wires to the back board, both of which seem to be connected. Also note that I did bypass the optics on the main door but don't think that would affect the open B code. Any thoughts would be much appreciated! Thx!

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: IGT - Door Open B - Error after bypass
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 12:35:35 PM »
Check the belly door switch.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline ozzy101

• ozzy101 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 01:10:30 PM »
Check machine Belly Door switch........

Offline TripleDiamond24

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 01:20:52 PM »
Thanks! Just bypass it? Tie the two wires together with a wire nut?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 01:46:11 PM »
The belly door switch is tied into the door optic circuit. If faulty it throws a door open M code same as the main door. If optics are bypassed that takes care of the belly door too.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline TripleDiamond24

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 04:28:17 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. Still no luck..... With the bill/cash box wires tied off together and no issues with the wiring, possible I have a back board issue? Note that there is not even a bill validator connected. When I ran the diaognistics, it kept flickering 0/1 for the bill/cash door. I did look at the main board, the previous person took out the green battery and there is no corrosion. I also just replaced the 3v battery as well.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 07:18:14 PM »
Can you post a picture of the wiring where the optics were bypassed?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 07:48:12 PM »
Backplane is possible but not likely. Most likely problem is the MPU whether you see any damage or not. For what reason did you bypass the door optics? Were you having a door open M problem before the bypass? If so that's even more reason to suspect the MPU.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline TripleDiamond24

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 07:56:41 PM »
When I obtained the machine, the initial error code was MB. I was able to see that the optics were not lighting up. After following the diagram posted on another thread by tying it into the cherry switch, that code went away and now left with the B only.

Again, the machine does not even have a bill validator any more. Is there a chip on the board to take off and that error will go away? I traced the harness through and disconnected it from the backplane, still error comes up.

Thanks!

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 08:50:31 PM »
Did ya go into the options and disable the validator?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline TripleDiamond24

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 09:32:46 PM »
I for sure that would have done the trick. It was enabled and then I disabled it in options. Turned machine off and back on, no luck!

Offline TripleDiamond24

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2020, 07:57:35 AM »
Well I think I have finally got it. I ensured the Belly Door was tied off good and then rechecked board. Even though the green battery was previously taken out, I wiped down the area with vinegar. Reset the machine and seems to be working okay. Get a random reel tilt here and there but is playable. Anyone know what would create a very high pitched sound coming from the door somewhere?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2020, 02:10:54 PM »
Do you have mice?
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 03:13:37 PM »
Anyone know what would create a very high pitched sound coming from the door somewhere?

One possibility is the power supply.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2020, 09:18:54 PM »
What mpu and sg chips do you have.

Offline diamonddot

• Reputation Power: 1
  • diamonddot New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2020, 02:37:43 PM »

I have a 2coin Wild Cherry pie that I can turn on and it will work just fine for a bit.  I will let it sit and in a few minutes all by itself it will quickly go to B door open and then B door closure.  I can play it until this happens like ten minutes or so then it happens or I will get a reel tilt as it thinks the door is opening.  I have the bill door switch soldered off.  Strange thing is that this happens if I am nowhere near the machine.  This is a replacement board that I got from a vendor and looks like new with the Varta battery removed no corrosion whatsoever  1952-2 board which I think was a 504 board?  I also do not even see a belly door switch?  I believe the belly door switch is tied into the main door switch which is not an issue.  Which pins at the Backplane board are the Bill door switch wires?  I could just tie them together or do you think I may have a bad board?  First board was corroded.  Sorry lots of questions

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal