New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Do i have the right chip? WAMM or IPC unable to select.  (Read 1931 times)

Offline mjgstiger

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mjgstiger New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Do i have the right chip? WAMM or IPC unable to select.
« on: January 20, 2021, 11:33:10 PM »
Yes i am a newbie so will try to explain in detail. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Getting "Please select WAMM or IPC"

Machine is IGT S2000 - Game loaded and working before i tried to change game ( Triple Diamond Deluxe, .25 cent Coin) Full functioning before game change.

Read through the forum and could not find a clear direction to go with the  "Please select WAMM or IPC"  When i try to go in to 7.1.4.1 it says version unknown. When i go to Setup it does not allow any selections.
[/size]
Steps and Chips used.

Chips in hand they where not given to me but i picked them up at one point incase i needed them. I could have the wrong ones. -  CLEAR IVC00097  and KEY17.

Followed the steps No Credits in current game. Power Down, Remove Game Chip, Insert CLEAR 97 wait for two amber lights, PWR Down Remove CLEAR 97 put in KEY 17 Power up Wait for Amber lights. Then Power down and Remove.
- Insert new Game Chip. Tripe Diamonds Haywire.
- Power on and Go through Steps setting Denomination .25
- Back out and close door.

Then i get "[/size]Please select WAMM or IPC".
[/size]Then go back in and tried to select WAMM and unable to get any where in 7.1.4.1 Just says unknown version.

Question is do i need a different Clear Chip or Key Chip? If so which one so i can order.

Or is there a step i am missing. Again felt like i read through multiple post but none which some one post's how they got around the "[/size]Please select WAMM or IPC"
[/size]
[/size]Thank you all for you time and dedication to this hobby.

Offline Nurbo

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
Re: Do i have the right chip? WAMM or IPC unable to select.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 12:43:11 AM »
Hello,

You're in the wrong way  :yes:

Followed the steps No Credits in current game. Power Down, Remove Game Chip, Insert CLEAR 97 wait for two amber lights, PWR Down Remove CLEAR 97 put in KEY 17 the SB game chip Triple Daimonds Haywire

But follow this procedure : http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=2115.0
IGT S2000 - Super Spin Sizzling 7
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline mjgstiger

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 12:47:45 AM »
Nurbo.  Not sure i understand what you mean. "Your in the wrong way"?

Did some more digging and i think i might need the 224 and 45 key. Still open to suggestions.

Offline Nurbo

• Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 12:50:22 AM »
Lol I send my post before the end  :rotfl:

Read it again, I put a link with the clear ram procedure  :cool_thumb_up:

Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline mjgstiger

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 01:08:13 AM »
Thanks. Yea my internet was wonky when i refreshed i saw the updated info.

I also checked out the link which will be good because i will be adding a bettor tito later on.

If i understand you correctly do not use the KEY 17 at all. Just the CLEAR 97 Then the Game Chip. And skip anything related to KEY 17?

Offline mjgstiger

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 01:13:51 AM »
Ok now that my internet is running i was able to download the PDF.  Which explains what you where leading too.

I will try these steps Which sounds like CLEAR KEY, GAME CHIP, KEY 17, GAME CHIP.

Not sure i will get to it tonight but tomorrow. And will report back. with Good or Bad Info.

Thanks a Bunch. I hope this works. Then i can get my self set for a tito i just need to find the right printer.

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 01:17:29 AM »
You must use the keychip step 15 from the procedure.

It s perhaps better to use an earlier keychip like key45 but it s possible that the key17 make the job.

Follow step by step the procedure  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline mjgstiger

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 05:23:05 PM »
Ok Reporting back.

Did Step by Step including setp 15.  And it still show SELECT WAMM or IPC.

I dont think this key 17 is doing any magic. I can try the process again just for good measure. Not sure if i am wasting time and should get get the 45 key? Sounds like from what i read i should use the 45 key.
So i might just order a 224 and 45 key to have just incase.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 05:30:23 PM »
What type of MPU do you have, a 502/4?  What SG chips do you have installed?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 05:46:02 PM »
Use IVC00224 & KEY00045 for any S2000 except those with R boards.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline mjgstiger

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 07:12:48 PM »
Well i have the 224 and 45 ordered and on the way. Thats a Start.

I think the board is a 502. That is what the last three of the P/N are.

As for the SG chips they are SG0000362 

I have never done any thing to this board since i got it in working condition Wonder if i should change the batteries while i am at this point? Suggestions?

Thank you all for the assistance. I will catch on fast. And hope to help out others as i learn more.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2021, 07:18:56 PM »
I would at least check the coin cell battery. If it's 2.8v or below you should replace it. If it has a green Varta battery remove it completely.
SG000363 chips will default to WAMM if you have any.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 07:44:55 PM »
Yes, get a set of 363's and it will make things easier in the future.

Offline mjgstiger

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2021, 07:47:35 PM »
Thank you Tilt and RB.

Will Desolder the Big Green Battery. And look for the SG000363 chips too.

Offline mjgstiger

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2021, 07:55:43 PM »
Ok just ordered the 363 chip.  I assume i might just want to wait.

Can someone explain how the 363 chip will make it easier. And what the benefit is? I will also search the forum as well. And i assume the process in changing the SB chip will be the same with the 363 chips in place?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2021, 07:20:15 AM »
SG363 chips will automatically default to WAMM. They will also have a noticeably slightly faster rollup. Hands down they are the best for most game types on a 50x MPU. Just swap them & clear errors with the jackpot key & test switch. You will need to key chip if you did not finish the setup after getting stuck at WAMM or IPC option.

Offline mjgstiger

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 03:07:08 PM »
RB Great. Thank you for the info. Just waiting on new keys and chips. I will report back. My next is to get a Printer for this unit so i can install my bettor tito thats in hand just want to get this out of the way.

Offline mjgstiger

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2021, 11:38:24 PM »
RB, Tilit and every one else. Thank you for the support and assistance.

I got my 363 Chips and was able to change the SB game chip out today. And the steps given worked great.

Now i need to start the hunt for some reel strips Triple Diamond Haywire. It looks like its going to be tough to find. And might have to get a new SB game chip. The one i bought said it was a triple diamond Haywire. But when i referenced the SB number it was 1 digit off so i think the seller typo on the listing. As i currently have triple diamond deluxe looking to spice it up with the haywire chip. And now need reels and the correct chip. LOL Luck would have it. but i was successful with your help. so i am off to hunt down the Chip, Reel strips. And then get a printer so i can install my Tito. Oh yea i still need to pull that green battery. ugh.

If you are looking for the solution to the WAMM or IPC -  Read through this thread as you may have. And the best solution with out issue is to get the SG000363 GE1 and GE2 chips. And go from there. It worked for me it should work for you.  Plus check out this post to get some nice detailed instructions to help you as it did me.  [size=78%]http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=2115.0[/size]

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2021, 07:44:41 AM »
For future reference, since this whole thing started because you changed game themes, a clear was NOT necessary.  In fact most of us recommend that you should never clear memory on an S2000 as it leads to all kinds of issues sometimes (like you did).  Just replacing the base chip, clearing the errors with a couple of twists of the jackpot reset key and you are up and running.  The clear is only recommended in cases where the machine is just FUBAR and you just need to start over from scratch.  I can say that in the 7 years I've had an S2000, I have probably used the clear chip one time when I first installed a TITO solution, but in retrospect, it was probably not necessary.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2021, 08:16:21 AM »
TDH SB chips are 100338 2C & 100339 3C. Which one do you need? This is what the strips look like. #84674600.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal