New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Double diamond S2000 door open MB problem?  (Read 9918 times)

Offline markb7605

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: Double Diamond not powering/booting up ?
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 02:11:56 PM »
you are missing door optics on cabinet
Thank You
  Mark

Offline leocat168

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • leocat168 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 09:55:56 PM »
Hi all
So I put my chips in the new board and installed in the machine.. I was happy to see life when I turned the power on. I followed what the prompts were and the game seemed to do what it should.. but when on this is what it does. It will load reels will spin and display flashes between insert credits..play 2 credits and then go blank... It does this about every 2-3 seconds.. sometimes after it goes blank and before it flashes insert credits it will flash open door mb... Which I'm assuming is the cash box door.... When it's flashing just insert credits or play 2 credits if I do it fast it'll take a dollar and add credits.... If I hit spin at that time it'll spin.... If it's spinning while it flashes blank or open door mb then I get other errors..... I checked for the cash door sensor but no wires going to the door...could it have been bypassed? If so how do I find where the wires went?  I'm pretty sure the door optics for the main door were bypassed to work with the little white button because the machine responds when I push that button..... But I don't know what to do next..help ........
Thanks

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 12:16:40 AM »
What little white button are you refuting too? Picture please... Does your machine have the door optics and cabinet optic sensors present?? The lead wire are only about 6” long then they connect to a white plastic plug. It is possible that your door optics are just out of adjustment by a 1/16” or less. This would explain why your game is doing this. One other option could be that the switch for the Belly Glass is loose. It is located on the top left side on the door. Open your belly glass frame by pulling the knob next to the door open lever. Let the frame down and check that switch that tells the machine that belly glass door is closed. Both doors will show a M Door message if not closed.

You could also have a broke wire on the doors optics. That wire can rub when the door is opened and closed and cause this problem. I had that happen too.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 07:51:01 AM »
Hi so I attached a picture or the white button the door hits when closed.  I'm assuming the door optics should be mounted next to it but is missing.  The other optic seems to be in place on the door latch. This optic may be bypassed since it changes the message when pressed.  The button switch on the belly door doesn't appear to be hooked up to any wires.  But it doesnt look like it hits anything to get depressed when the door closes anyway...could that switch already be bypassed?  Also there are no wires going to anything on the cash box door.. and I wouldn't know where to find them.. could all these have already been bypassed? The only reason I ask is the guy claimed the machines was working and just stopped.. I don't know if that was true.
The only error message that flashes every 2-3 seconds is the "door open MB"
I hope the pictures help

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 07:55:47 AM »
I'lI have the pics up shortly
Thanks

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2018, 08:10:35 AM »
pics

Thank you
Al

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2018, 10:37:52 AM »
The belly glass switch just makes contact with the metal frame for the light. The white plug next to the belly glass switch is not for that. The switch has 4 single wire connection on the back of the switch. People have by passed them too. Yours looks like the mounting bracket is loose or bent. The bracket mounts to the back inside of the door with a single nut. I find them loose all the time. Only way to access it is but removing the 3 Phillips head screw holding the inside door panel to the door.
It does sound like someone has hooked your doors optics to the door closed switch. You can take the white door switch and instead of pushing it in, pull it forward toward you. You will feel it lock in place. This will make the game think the doors closed. See if your problem still happening. You could leave the belly glass door open and push that switch closed to see what happens. If your problem is still there then your going to have to start checking for a loose connection. Your cash box should have 2 blue/green wires connected together. Sometime they are tucked inside the lower right side where the cash box goes, or like what I do pull them all the way out the back and crimp and zip tie them out of the way.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2018, 10:40:30 AM »
This is where the belly glass switch makes contact with the door closed..
And remember...

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2018, 10:58:12 AM »
Thanks... The cash box door wires I found connected together so that's bypassed... The white button whether pulled out or pushed in flashes intermittent randomly between door open M and door open MB... But inbetween that it reads insert credits as if it's fine.. the belly door switch is definitely bent and not making contact... But the two prongs on the back have nothing hooked up to them anyway. I'm trying to find which wires and where they are that belong there.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2018, 11:41:49 AM »
The belly glass switch has 4 prongs. Only 2 will have wires connected the other two will be open. Best way to view it is from the inside of the door.
And remember...

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2018, 12:30:14 PM »
Hi thanks... I took as much apart as I could and tried to follow wires and check connections... Everything seems plugged in... There are a couple random plugs not hooked into anything but I'm assuming they aren't supposed to be since I can't find what they may go to.. the belly door switch has no wires going to it and I can't find any wires that look like they should go to it... It is different from the door closed switch and only two prongs are visible.. put all back together and now cycling through flashing... Insert coin...play 2 credits... Call attendant and occasionally door open "M" .all in a row about a second apart.

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2018, 12:42:19 PM »
And if I open and close the door occasionally the error will glass to door open MB

Offline leocat168

• NLG
Double diamond S2000 door open MB problem?
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2018, 07:12:13 PM »
Hi all I originally started another post as this problem seemed to start as one thing and then other issues were found .Originally the machine wouldn't boot up and only florecent lights came on.  Guy I bought it from claimed it was working and just stopped... Replaced the mpu board and got life from the machine which brings me to where I am now with machine loading and everything appears operational. But intermittently for 2 seconds at a time inbetween the screen flashing an error message.
I took as much apart as I could and tried to follow wires and check connections... Everything seems plugged in... There are a couple random plugs not hooked into anything but I'm assuming they aren't supposed to be since I can't find what they may go to.. the belly door switch has no wires going to it and I can't find any wires that look like they should go to it... It is different from the door closed switch and only two prongs are visible.. put all back together and now cycling through flashing... Insert coin...play 2 credits... Call attendant and occasionally door open "M" .all in a row about a second apart.sometimes the intermittent error is door open MB.. the main door optics seem to be bypassed to the door close push button switch.  The cash box door switch has been bypassed. I don't know about the belly door switch as I can't find any wires that look like they should go to it. I don't know what to try next. I'm a newbie and need help or advise in where to look to find someone to repair it[/size][/font]
Thanks
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 07:23:46 PM by qbert »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Double diamond S2000 door open MB problem?
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2018, 07:29:21 PM »
Normally I would say door optics need to be aligned but you say they appear to be bypassed. If they have been you should be able to open the main door pull on the button of the cherry switch, it should stay pulled out and your machine should play. If not we need to see some pictures with the door open showing the bypass.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2018, 07:38:10 PM »
Looks like Amechanic did a good job of explaining this issue already why a different post here?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2018, 07:56:50 PM »
Yes amechanic has been a huge help and has gotten me this far.  I havent quite resolved the issue yet but he's also guided me through eliminating some possibilities.  his help is greatly appreciated.  To be honest my OCD really just wanted to change the post title as the problem is something different than when I originally posted.  Thanks to Amechanic my original problem has been solved and he's been trying to help me to the finish line.   didn't see anyway to change the topic title and reposted under what the problem seems to be now.  I meant no offense.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2018, 08:56:00 PM »
Looks like Amechanic did a good job of explaining this issue already why a different post here?

Thanks Qbert...

I would next remove the white door switch and track down and back to where the optic by pass was done. It’s possible who did this didn’t crimp or solder there wiring. One other possibility would be that there is a problem with the white switch it’s self. I can’t tell you how many times that I have found wires just twisted together and wrapped with tape.
And remember...

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2018, 09:13:22 PM »
thanks!!!  so i removed the white switch (see pics)  the wires appear to be connected to the right terminals at least according what a search of other posts stated.  If i don't push the switch in or if i dont pull it out it does change to the error of door open M and flashes that and door closure B alternating.  if i push or pull the switch it goes back to the original problem orf alternating from insert coins...call attendant.. and then door openMB and sometimes door open M.. so the switch is reading something i'm guessing.  do you think the switch is bad?  i  put some more pics up... still cant see any wires anywhere that go to that belly door switch either.. very frustrating.. but i'm obsessed now!

Offline Zoinks

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Zoinks New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2018, 01:00:17 AM »
Second picture. Green/Black wire should be connected to M-Door Switch Com-1, Blue/Black wire should be connected to M-Door Switch NC-1.

Red/White wire is likely coming from the Optics harness door side and Green wire looks to be one half of Optics Machine side (The other wire appears to be cut?).
Not exactly sure what is going on here, we can't jump ours so I am not very familiar with how it is done.

Third Picture. Belly door switch should go to Green/Green N.O. and Blue/Green Com.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2018, 01:46:43 AM »
I found this old original post on the old sight about how to bypass the optics. Maybe it will help.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=8683.0
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal