New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Double diamond S2000 door open MB problem?  (Read 9920 times)

Offline leocat168

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • leocat168 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Double diamond S2000 door open MB problem?
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2018, 03:57:49 PM »
hi guys,, so I cut the plug off the wires to the belly door swirch and connected them together. first pic.. same problem.  I then flipped around the connector on the door switch so nothing is touching inbetween..  second pic.. same problem.  there are a couple of things I noticed:  third picture.. the wire plug that goes to the white door switch ,I'm guessing to bypass the door optics.  this plug has two wires going into it from the machine, a purple one and a green one.  but ther is only one wire coming out of the plug going to the white button switch, a green wire.  not sure if that eans anything... lol  Also the door optic that is still mounted to the door is still plugged in to the harness, should it be? fourth picture.

Any ideas?
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:48:04 PM by qbert »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2018, 04:46:04 PM »
Door Open MB actually represents two errors.  The first one being Door Open M, which is the (M)ain door optics or the belly door switch.  In your case the door optics have been bypassed and are hooked to the door switch.  You bypassed your belly door switch I see, but either way, if one of those was bad you would only get a Door Open M message, not Door Open MB, and it would be continuous, not intermittent.

The (B) in Door Open MB is the bill validator door switch.  The machine thinks that your bill validator door is open, and you said in post #35 "The cash box door switch has been bypassed."  So you shouldn't ever see a Door Open B or MB error unless you disconnect the wires that bypassed the cash can door switch. 

That fact that the error is intermittent and clears, but re-appears every second or two is classic of a bad MPU board.  Typically acid damage, but could also be a bad component.   I understand it has been replaced once, but that was due to a no boot problem.  I think the MPU board you received is bad too.  It happens.  If you got it from a NLG vendor here I'm sure they'll work with you to make it right. 

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2018, 05:39:37 PM »
Did the vender you bought your board from say it was tested? Did they install a new coin style battery for you? As for you optic wiring, did you look at or read the link I sent your off the old sight that did the original optic by pass? It also had a colored wiring diagram. It is very possible that you optic wiring by pass was done back by the mother board plugs. Have you checked your wiring back there??
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2018, 06:19:06 PM »
Thanks guys .. I have been talking to the vendor and the board was tested... He's offering to test it again if necessary.. just hate to go through all that if it's not the issue but at this point it may be.. Amechanic I'll go back and re-read what you sent and take a look at that wiring
Thank!

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2018, 07:05:25 PM »
Amechanic if I'm understanding that door optic diagram from that old post the wires to my white switch from the door optics are correct but the wires to the switch from the light are wrong.. weird because the light works as it should
Al

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2018, 07:42:58 PM »
The light is on its own side of that switch. Just think of that white switch as two in one and both turn off and on when the buttons pushed. The optic are hooked up to a side that was not being used.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2018, 07:50:49 PM »
I see.. thanks... I guess at the point I may need to thinking about making arrangements to send the board back..

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2018, 08:16:27 PM »
Did you trace the optic wires back to the mother board?
And remember...

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2018, 03:47:59 AM »
Unfortunately it got too late last night and it looks like it will be quite a process to follow those wires. So that will be tonight's project after work.
Thanks

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2018, 03:36:41 PM »
So I sent the board back and received a replacement today. I put it in and all works perfectly!!! Thank you all for so much help and for the member here that checked and switched the board I purchased so quickly!  You all are great.this topic solved... But your not getting rid of me that easily... I'm going to look into turning up the volume on this machine!!! And I just bought 2 more... ! One is a Cleopatra backlit 5 reel with some minor issues.... I guess that'll be for another post
Thanks again!!
Al
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:42:35 PM by shortrackskater »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal