New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need Help with Haywire  (Read 2520 times)

Offline ssiegmund

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ssiegmund New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Need Help with Haywire
« on: May 24, 2014, 04:57:09 AM »
Hi all.  I have a Haywire machine that I have really been enjoying.  A couple days ago it really started hitting and the credits got up near 1000 (the max).  Then when I kept hitting, everything over 1000 apparently was spitting out quarters instead of going to credits.  Since it was hitting so much, I went to using only one quarter and hit the double bars for about the 10th time, and it went Haywire and started spitting out the coins once again.  Then I wondered if I accidentally had it on Cash rather than Credit, and like an idiot I hit that button and it started cashing out.   The hopper on the machine doesn't work real well and it took an exceedingly long time with about 100 reopenings of the machine and moving around of/adding to the quarters to finally get it to pay out 962 quarters.  When it was finally done I was going to feed them back in, but now it won't accept any quarters.  It flashes 962 and then 40.  I don't know what to do. 

This machine doesn't have a reset key inside or any place for one that I can see. It only has that little white button.  How can I get it to reset and accept quarters again? Thanks so much.

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Thegambler327 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Need Help with Haywire
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 06:29:25 AM »
Well the 962/40 is fine. That's just saying that the last win was 40 credits and machine cashed out a total of 962. So was the machine accepting coins prior to this?.if so when you open and close the main door does the reels spin?

Offline ssiegmund

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 06:45:52 AM »
Thanks for your reply.  Yes, the machine was working fine, both accepting quarters and using credits, before I stupidly hit the cash out button, but I have done that before without any problems.  When I open and close the machine, the reels spin back to the double bars position (where I last hit) and the 962/40 flashes, which as you say is the payout/last win.  Shouldn't it just go back to 0?

I did find a place where a key should go, and I know I don't have that key, but I don't think I should need it since the machine did finish the payout.  thanks again.  I love playing this machine and it's making me sad that it doesn't work.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 11:04:59 AM »
You do not need a reset key or to push any buttons for your situation.

Check to make sure that the sample coin in the coin comparator is seated correctly.  You may remove it and re-insert it to do so.  Now see if the machine will accept a coin.

If it still won't, try decreasing the sensitivity of the comparator.  Using a tiny screwdriver, turn the dial all the way back and forth a few times to make sure it's making a good contact, ending up dialing it away from the plus, then see if your acceptance improves.

Using a tiny screwdriver, adjust that counter-clockwise (away from the +) to make the comparator less sensitive -- that'll let the comparator reject fewer coins.

...now try inserting a coin again.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline ssiegmund

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 12:06:06 PM »
It's fixed! It's fixed! :applause: :dancing_2: :thank_you:

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Thegambler327 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 10:36:57 PM »
 glad to see you got it fixed

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal