New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT PE+ - jumpers  (Read 5550 times)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
IGT PE+ - jumpers
« on: January 09, 2015, 06:46:46 AM »
what is the E10/E11 Jumper for? Have 2 boards and each has different setting. (PE PLUS - CPU BOARD).

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT PE+ - jumpers
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 08:49:45 AM »
from what I could tell,it looks like a option for power to the CMOS RAM chip U65. If the jumper is going from E-10 to the center pin you are putting +V BAT to pin 28 (VCC) of that chip, if you go from E-11 to the center pin you are putting VCC to pin 28 of that chip.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 10:00:31 AM »
jim - thank you - don't understand but I know you will walk me thru it - I have 2 different cmos - one is cxk5957ap.... the other (as pictured) is a TC5564..and DS1216... Since I have tried moving chips between 2 boards and not knowing what the jumper did - hopefully I haven't done any damage to the cmos???

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 10:16:18 AM »
if they were oem components I doubt if you did any damage just swapping them out.  these are ram memory, so there is data being buffered and moved all the time. Of course I could be wrong, maybe someone with more knowledge of chips could chime in.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 03:01:32 PM »
what is the correct ram chip for the U65 on the PE + multigame?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 03:34:40 PM »
I'll look at mine this evening and see what they are.

Jim

Signature:

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 07:29:13 PM »
I have several super boards, on both boards that jumper you mentioned is hard wired to E-10.  the CMOS ram chip in the one board is a CXK58257AP-10-L, the second board has a MS62256L-10P.

Jim   

Signature:

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 08:27:25 PM »
Would the Ram be the same as in an S+? Just wondering, as Darrell thought he recalled them being the same.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 01:28:21 AM »
i found a schematic showing a 5564/RTC which is a TC5564-APL which are impossible to find (china has them).   one of my boards did have the CXK58257AP-10 that you have - so I will go with that unless I hear otherwise.  As for the IGT S+ cmos - may give that a go as well - can't hurt.

Offline BrianT

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • BrianT New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 06:17:39 PM »
I'm wondering if the DS1216 RTC was from your Montana Choice machine?  In the game MG0183 there is an option to set the clock. So that's where the RTC would have been used and was likely for the use with the printer for the day, date and time.  Otherwise the TC5564APL-15 is standard 8K CMOS SRAM chip and any compatible chip should work as long as you have the 150 nanoseconds (IE: the "-15" means 150ns) or faster rated chip. Likely the MG0183 set only needed access to 8K and later PE+ commonly use 32K

Both the MS62256L-10P and CXK58257AP-10L chips are 32K CMOS SRAM rated at a 100ns.

To be 100% on the safe side get the 32K CMOS chip incase any program tries to access more then the 8K. It's better to have more and NOT need it then have 8K and NEED more.  Pin wise they are the same except a couple of pins on the 8K CMOS are NOT USED (not assigned) that the 32K CMOS will use to switch memory pages.  IE: the 32K CMOS is like having four (4) 8K CMOS chips and pulling the correct pin will switch the page.

BrianT

Offline BrianT

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • BrianT New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 06:24:44 PM »
Oh and the pin thing Jim was describing:

E10 to the center pin: Power the CMOS with battery
Center pin to E11: Power the CMOS with board power

So with the E11 connection when you power off the machine the power supplied to the CMOS is also turned off resulting in the contents of the ram being erased. With the E10 connection (hardwired on many PCBs) the CMOS is powered by the battery so when the machine is powered off or unplugged the CMOS ram contents is maintained.

BrianT

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal