New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New POLYGON TOPPERS!!!  (Read 6045 times)

Offline Jasonmichael

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Jasonmichael New User has no influence.
  • I have the slot sickness...
New POLYGON TOPPERS!!!
« on: November 26, 2014, 01:44:56 PM »
Hi NLG folks! 

Going back about a month, eager to have a few cool toppers for my collection, we purchased a bunch of the (now infamous on NLG) "Junk Man" toppers and, after being told by Suzo Happ that we may as well have purchased "a bunch of paperweights" because they were "useless without the programming board," we decided to go ahead and program our own boards.  In my opinion it has proven to be an amazing success (and tempted me to call the Suzo Happ employee who called these "paperweights" and thank him for the motivation). 

Not only does our version of this topper have several incredible never-seen-before patterns, but it has very simple one-button programming that will allow easy toggling of colors/patterns that you choose to match your machine or liking.  And - with very simple power requirements, it can be added to any machine (not just IGT).

Here is a link to the video going through many patterns on this topper: 
<a href="http://youtu.be/b4694pYOcFo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/b4694pYOcFo</a>

And here is a link to a video of me explaining how the simple programming button works:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyLMXtvPUgM

So here's what we'd like to do:

We have 5 toppers that we'll sell to the first 5 NLG members who contact us (one per member, please) at a cost of $75 each plus shipping (which is around $15-25 depending on location).  The toppers are brand new in box - though we have to open them to attach our boards, wire for power and verify that all is functioning before shipping.  At this "introductory price" they will not include power supplies - but, if you've been watching the board, you know that for about $15 you can buy a supply that will drive both (the 24v backlight and the 5v light ring) lights.  They also do not include any game artwork - search e-bay for the polygon topper insert of your choice. 

We have several of these toppers but are toying with a number of options for the remaining units' sale.  These have proven to be a lot of work to get together and, as such, I'm expecting that the price will go up after the initial 5 are sold to NLG members.  If you miss out, and have to have one (or more), don't hesitate to contact me and we'll see if we can work something out - but, again, we are only selling 5 at the $75 price.  Brand new, complete, from Suzo Happ, these are $330 each (http://na.suzohapp.com/gaming_products/topper_boxes/95-2852-00).

Also, if you have any recommendations for patterns, let us know.  We can (and continue to) add/change patterns.

Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 07:25:21 PM by Jasonmichael »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I thought there was also a problem with "Mounts" for them. As in not available? Not knocking them they look super and will be great additions to members machines. I mean NO disrespect.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jasonmichael

I thought there was also a problem with "Mounts" for them. As in not available? Not knocking them they look super and will be great additions to members machines. I mean NO disrespect.

Suzo-Happ sells polygon topper mounts on their website for between $8-$10 each. We've verified that they're in stock (out of their Illinois location) and that they do sell to the general public.  Here's the link:  http://na.suzohapp.com/gaming_products/topper_boxes/95-2862-00 (other top shapes also available - parts 95-2862-00, 95-2863-00, 95-2864-00 & 95-2865-00)  All of that said, I have not purchased any mounts and installed them myself.  I have both round-top and flat top machines - and, right now, I just have one of the toppers sitting on a flat top machine (the topper base is flat as is).  We've got a call in to a tech at Suzo-Happ to find out, for certain, whether this topper box (by part number), in fact, fits these mounts.  More to come when we hear back (though, the last time I called and needed to talk to a tech, it took 3 days to hear back from him...).

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Great job on the boards for them. Those polygons are much nicer than the ovals. You say 24 vdc and 5 vdc? The one I have is from several years ago and plugs directly into S2000 with 24 and 12. Great you have a way to power from ANY maker. Getting custom artwork made easier
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jasonmichael

Suzo-Happ sells polygon topper mounts on their website for between $8-$10 each. We've verified that they're in stock (out of their Illinois location) and that they do sell to the general public.  Here's the link:  http://na.suzohapp.com/gaming_products/topper_boxes/95-2862-00 (other top shapes also available - parts 95-2862-00, 95-2863-00, 95-2864-00 & 95-2865-00)  All of that said, I have not purchased any mounts and installed them myself.  I have both round-top and flat top machines - and, right now, I just have one of the toppers sitting on a flat top machine (the topper base is flat as is).  We've got a call in to a tech at Suzo-Happ to find out, for certain, whether this topper box (by part number), in fact, fits these mounts.  More to come when we hear back (though, the last time I called and needed to talk to a tech, it took 3 days to hear back from him...).

Hi all:  We just heard back from Jesse at Suzo-Happ Tech Support.  He says that all the bases for these RGB toppers are available to the public. There are 4 part numbers, the reason is that the base you select depends on the type of machine you have, whether it is flat, round, and arch in the middle, or slanted. The part numbers I send in the earlier response, all 4 of them, are compatible with this topper, it's just that the specific base one purchases depends on the machine they want to put the topper on.

Offline Jasonmichael

Great job on the boards for them. Those polygons are much nicer than the ovals. You say 24 vdc and 5 vdc? The one I have is from several years ago and plugs directly into S2000 with 24 and 12. Great you have a way to power from ANY maker. Getting custom artwork made easier

Thanks very much!  Yes - I like the polygons better than the ovals, as well.  When the LEDs "jump the corners" it looks very cool.  And, yes - in this version, the LEDs and the Board are powered, together, by 5vDC and the back-lite is 24v.  In my IGT Game King I have the 24v coming from the machine and the 5v plugged in to an adapter inside the machine and wired up and through to the topper.  Looks awesome!

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
That's awesome! The talent and resourcefulness of NLG members never ceases to amaze me.  Nice work!  :1:

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Jason,  Yes evidentally you are using the style with the wafer board led And the topper that had the specific igt driver board.  Another member here a while back did the same thing.  The ones I carry do the same and the outer poly ring is the same, work on all s-2k and avps.  I have about 50 of the style you have (wafer led) with inserts, no driver boards.  Inserts,base mounts etc. are same for either or as is outer light ring.  I have messed and provided these for 3 years now,  They are cool.  Also you pm'd me a while back,  Your in-box was full.  Nice job,  Here are some more if you want to buy them. 

Offline Jasonmichael

Jason,  Yes evidentally you are using the style with the wafer board led And the topper that had the specific igt driver board.  Another member here a while back did the same thing.  The ones I carry do the same and the outer poly ring is the same, work on all s-2k and avps.  I have about 50 of the style you have (wafer led) with inserts, no driver boards.  Inserts,base mounts etc. are same for either or as is outer light ring.  I have messed and provided these for 3 years now,  They are cool.  Also you pm'd me a while back,  Your in-box was full.  Nice job,  Here are some more if you want to buy them.

PM sent 777.  Thanks!

Offline buzzarama

• Reputation Power: 64
  • buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
Re: New POLYGON TOPPERS!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 09:55:20 PM »
Jasonmichael,
I will take one.

cowdencreations@gmail.com

David

Offline Jasonmichael

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 10:09:55 PM »
You got it David.  Thanks. 

Offline asstastic

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • asstastic New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 12:05:23 PM »
PM sent....

Offline brokenticker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • brokenticker Is working their way up.brokenticker Is working their way up.brokenticker Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 10:09:24 PM »
I picked one of these up from Jason , And it works/looks great,easy hook up,  Will post pics when my insert arrives and it mounted on my game, thanks again Jason,  :thank_you:

Offline Jasonmichael

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2014, 04:18:27 PM »
Ok we have these available now $100 shipped (continental US).  Let us know if you'd like one. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal