New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game king keno help please  (Read 7287 times)

Offline topache

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • topache New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Game king keno help please
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 11:14:04 AM »
Well I was trying to be optimistic. I got my multimedia Board and sec chips in. Put chip 1 on top left and 2 underneath .

Booted it up and......... no sound.

So I guess my last choice is a new mpu...

Gonna look around and I'll report back.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 05:29:13 PM »
I would have been shocked if it did work.  For basic sounds you don't need to have a sound card installed.

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 03:33:04 PM »
Well I got my new mpu in today a 3802. I swapped all the chips and still no sound.  Ugh. Or hopper.

I traced the 2 green speaker wires again all the way to the back plane connector and have continuity.  I've tried another speaker.

I've attached a picture of the top of my backplane connectors not
Not sure if it's any help but hey the more info I can give the better

What can I do or look at now?  This is really frustrating me....

I need sound. Lol

Can any of you please possibly give me some guidance ?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 04:57:23 PM by topache »

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 04:59:33 PM »
Wow...I'm surprised and sorry that didn't fix the sound issue.  It's pretty rare for a motherboard to go bad, especially since there's no components on it that the audio travels through.  Just connectors and circuit traces. 

The best thing at this point would be to check continuity between the wires at the speaker to where the audio comes out of the MPU board.  I've attached some diagrams showing the connection from the speaker to the front of IO card tray.  The front of the IO card tray to connector J7 on the motherboard, then from connector J7 on the motherboard to connector J2 on the motherboard which goes to P2 on the MPU board.  Somewhere along the line there must be a break in continuity on one of them.

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2019, 05:35:04 PM »
No worries at all. It was worth a shot.
I look at it this way I got an upgraded board now 3902 instead of a 3903. Lol

I really do appreciate you not bailing on me yet. Thank you for all the diagrams. Tomorrow morning I'll dig deep see what I can find. It's going to be tough as its really tight in there

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2019, 05:51:05 PM »
That's a good way of looking at it.  It's always good to have good working spare parts too.

Hey, what were you trying to show in the last picture you posted?  The speaker wires don't (or shouldn't) go there.  They connect to the front of the I/O card tray.  I circled the connector where the speaker should connect to on it.

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2019, 05:53:52 PM »
That last picture I posted was the top of my motherboard. I just saw that it was cut and spliced into the LCD so I wasn't sure if it was helpful for not but I figured I'd post it

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 06:14:51 PM »
Oh Ok.  If your speaker wires were going there then that would have been a problem. 

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 06:23:33 PM »
So I couldn't wait until the morning, LOL

I have continuity to both of my speaker wires in the door to the p2 plug on the motherboard.  See pic. You can see my wire that I used to test it.

Do I need to test further?

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 06:48:12 PM »
I get the same way sometimes.  Let me check one more thing and the next thing you know it's 3 hours later ha ha.

Well, the only other than I can think of right now it to make sure that pin 4A (as shown in your picture) isn't shorted to ground. 

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2019, 07:15:00 PM »
I hear ya. At this point it's really baffling me. Not only do I want sound I'm really curious what's the issue is...

No continuity to ground. Tested several different spots.

Fyi. I get continuity to the light green/ white stripe wire from this 4a pin.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2019, 07:32:30 PM »
I'm baffled too at this point.  The next place is the MPU board.  Here's the audio section of it.

According to the drawing it should be the wht/grn wire on 4A, but that shouldn't matter.  It wouldn't be the first time I found an error in IGT's drawings. 

Let me check a couple of things on my machine tomorrow and I'll see if I can come up with anything else.

Edited to add attachment.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 08:57:39 PM by Tilt »

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2019, 08:07:28 PM »
Thank you very much. I really really do appreciate all your time

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2019, 07:29:26 AM »
Good morning. So I was thinking about it last night. I did another test. I'm getting 4 Ohms on the speaker and also getting 4 Ohms between pins for 4 and 3 on the P2 connector. So that's good.

Do you possibly think that it could be my chipset that's causing the issue for sound? With two mpu boards the likelihood of them both being bad is unlikey?

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2019, 08:49:55 AM »
That's what I'm wondering too.  I have the software, I just need to burn it and install it.  Yeah, it would be extremely unlikely that both MPU boards would have bad sound sections.  In fact, I don't think I've ever heard of a MPU board being the cause of no sound.  I'll install that same software this afternoon and see if I can figure anything out.

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2019, 08:54:39 AM »
Wow thank you so so much

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2019, 01:51:52 PM »
I loaded a 3902 with your software set and put it in.  The sounds play just fine with default settings.  I don't know why yours isn't.  The only thing I can think of at this point would be to test your MPU board/software in a different machine to make 100% sure it's working properly.  If you don't have another machine to test it in nearby I can check it out for you if you want to mail it to me.

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2019, 03:46:35 PM »
Is that an extra set that you put into your machine?

If so was thinking 1) I can buy it off of you to try it in my machine or 2) I can leave you some sort of deposit and pay for shipping both ways...

If that doesn't work then I guess I'll send you my mpu and chip set ?

Just a quick thought, if any of the chips were in backwards the thing wouldn't boot up or play at all correct?

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2019, 04:33:56 PM »
Not really an extra set.  I had a board with GK4.3 on it, but it had G2142 GMEs.  So I burned a set of G1245s so it would match yours.  I'm sure one of our vendors can hook you up with a set like yours or another one though if you want to go that route.

Yeah, if you put them in backwards the game won't boot up.  You'll end up with a gray pixelated screen and that's it.  Most of the time it doesn't hurt anything, just put it back in the way it's supposed to be and it will work.

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2019, 04:57:51 PM »
Okay no worries. I guess my next step is I'm going to purchase another set try it out in my machine if it doesn't work then I'll send it to you on my 3903 board to test and go from there?

Oh by the way the other last issue about the hopper, I cannot locate anywhere on the Internet or eBay an I/0 board for my machine. It doesn't seem like they exist, weird.

So to alleviate the easy issue I just bought another Hopper today so we'll wait till it comes in and see what happens...

Ugh this machine is stressing me out, LOL.

However Bill acceptor works Touch Screen works great looks great, it's a nice machine just no sound or Hopper payout.

Once again you have no idea how much I appreciate everything you've done for me. I'm very grateful.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal