New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Printer Communication Failure  (Read 10731 times)

Offline mark1120

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • mark1120 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Printer Communication Failure
« on: July 12, 2014, 09:05:21 AM »
I have only changed an 044 game one other time before this attempt.  When I install the board with the 28 chip, three options appear on the monitor.  I selected the key chip option and then pressed "yes" to initiate the process.  Unfortunately, the operation never seems to complete.  After 15 minutes and no change, I finally turned off the machine.  Shouldn't this complete in a manner of seconds?  Anyone know what my problem might be?  Should I physically remove the 28 chip from the board and try again?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:59:43 PM by mark1120 »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: Problem with my 28 clear chip?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 09:10:50 AM »
Absolutely remove and reseat your chip. Lets hope for a bent leg! Have you used this particular Key chip before with success?
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 03:40:32 PM »
Are you installing a new game? If so I would think you would need to do the ram & eeprom clear first. then try the key chip section. That seems to work for me.
Just my 2 cents  :Tongue_Out:

Offline mark1120

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 06:37:22 PM »
Are you installing a new game? If so I would think you would need to do the ram & eeprom clear first. then try the key chip section. That seems to work for me.
Just my 2 cents  :Tongue_Out:

Thanks for the comments.  It had been so long since I changed an 044 game that I forgot those first two steps were needed.  After I cleared those, I clicked "yes" to the Key Chip change.  I was expecting a message to come up to tell me to turn off the machine, but it never did, so I eventually shut it down and then installed the new game.  I now fear I may have missed something in the set up process as it won't take bills and suggests I have a "Validation System Failure".  I confirmed that my validation setting is "SAS Standard Validation".  Any idea what may be causing my error message and how to fix it?  Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 03:18:37 PM by mark1120 »

Offline GameKingSlots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GameKingSlots Is looked down upon.
  • NLG
Re: Validation System Failure
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 07:00:20 PM »
That's a normal error. Just means it doesn't see a player tracking system. Setup game and it will work normal.

Offline mark1120

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 03:22:32 PM »
That's a normal error. Just means it doesn't see a player tracking system. Setup game and it will work normal.

Hmmm......I have the "Validation System Failure" message on about 25% of my machines right now, which makes them nonoperational.  I have enabled the bill acceptor, enabled the printer, disabled the hopper, and set the machine to SAS Standard Validation.  Are you suggesting that sometimes the set up process simply doesn't take the first time around and that I might have better luck going through the 28 (or 22) clear chip process a second or third time around?  Thanks.

Offline brianfink

• Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 09:31:59 AM »
I have machines that function fine with the validation system failure error, it sounds like you have it setup correctly. Is the validator rejecting bills, or not taking them in at all? If it is rejecting bills, you might just have your limits set to low. 

Offline mark1120

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 09:45:22 AM »
I have machines that function fine with the validation system failure error, it sounds like you have it setup correctly. Is the validator rejecting bills, or not taking them in at all? If it is rejecting bills, you might just have your limits set to low.

Normally, the light color on the bill validator changes a bit to signify that its ready for bills.  On the machines with the validation system failure error, the bill validator does not change color to signify that its ready.  Thanks.

Offline brianfink

• Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 05:25:04 AM »
You could check the validation settings, if you push on sas standard validation, it should come to another screen, and everything should say enabled, but normally it's the printer that does not work out of sas standard, the BV normally works regardless. Have you gone to bill validator test? Are you positive that the BV works? 

Offline Harp

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Harp New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 07:25:17 AM »
As stated by Gamekingslots this is a normal error that you will see on most 044 games set at Standard Validation, complete the setup and the game will run just fine

If the game does not run check for all door closings etc

Offline Mirage_Chaser

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Mirage_Chaser New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 11:21:29 AM »
Lot's of information here. What kind of acceptor is it? Is this a new game/machine or has it worked before?

Like harp says make sure there are no door open errors (easy stuff first). And I agree make sure your limit is high enough that it can accept a bill. Then we have to make sure that your acceptor is not the problem.

You should be able to test the acceptor in the diagnostic menu to rule that out.
"I wanna win by winning." J. Lemos

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 03:22:23 PM »
Add TITO.  Without TITO, the game should still work, but you'll get a blinking candle. 

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=8710.0

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline mark1120

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 08:09:02 PM »
Thanks for everyone's feedback.  Attached are a few pictures of my Game King.  I've pressed the bill validator test on the diagnostics menu, but not really sure what to do next.  I don't know what part constitutes the bill validator "door".  I haven't found the Accept/Reject button.  I have removed and reinserted the bill head and the bill holder.

Offline mark1120

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 08:11:58 PM »
Here are some screen shots of the settings on my Coyote Moon machine.  The bill acceptor won't light up to accept bills on this one either.  The door seems completely shut to me.  I think I'll try reinstalling the game and see what happens.

Offline GameKingSlots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 08:25:23 PM »
I believe the reason your bv is not working is because the bill door is open. If your bill door is closed then the door itself is not touching the switch. The best way to make sure your bill door is always closed is to cut and tie the 2 wires together.

Offline GameKingSlots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 08:31:49 PM »
These are the 2 wires you can tie together to get rid of open door b error. Make sure machine is off

Offline Harp

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Harp New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 02:47:13 AM »
Nice catch  :clap:

Always check for the simple first, like making sure all doors are closed

Offline Mirage_Chaser

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Mirage_Chaser New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2014, 03:56:25 AM »
There are two different machines pictured I think.

I agree that on his coyote moon the bill door is open so that could definitely be the issue there. But the game king only has the main door open. But if that gets the coyote  working then he can swap the bv to see if that's the issue on the game king.
"I wanna win by winning." J. Lemos

Offline mark1120

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 06:00:35 PM »
I believe the reason your bv is not working is because the bill door is open. If your bill door is closed then the door itself is not touching the switch. The best way to make sure your bill door is always closed is to cut and tie the 2 wires together.

Jeremy, thanks for noticing the MB on my monitor.  I was able to get rid of that, so Coyote Moon is up and running.  At one point, I had 5 machines out of order.  Now down to 3.  Next up is a Printer Communication Failure and a blinking blue image on the dollar bill bezel.  I'm hoping the old website might have a few posts related to that error.

Offline GameKingSlots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 06:45:11 PM »
Mark

The blinking light means it is the wrong bv. If it is a wba 12/13 make sure it is a ido24. As for the printer make sure it's netplex.  That's for Igt. I hope that helps.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal