New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Newbie questions about Game King  (Read 1683 times)

Offline tvw44

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • tvw44 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Newbie questions about Game King
« on: August 19, 2014, 08:27:09 AM »
 Forgive if these questions have been answered but I did search the forum before deciding to post.
I have a Game King and the ID plate says it’s a Model 91817500 and it has a 17" CRT.
Currently have the main battery low which I know requires soldering on a new coin battery or battery holder and battery.
Questions:
What is the easiest way to identify the main board model # ?   
 I also want to upgrade to a 17” LCD and I’m not sure if I have a 19 pin or 25 pin connector.  Is the connector behind the CRT or is located somewhere else?   And the CRT to LCD swap is plug n play so to speak?

Thx
Tom

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Newbie questions about Game King
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:36:02 AM »
Post a picture and we can tell you, or look at the part number that is usually etched on the board in white lettering.  The last 4 numbers usually indicate the type of board.  It would end if 3802 or 3902.  3802 boards do not have simm sockets, 3902 boards have simm sockets.  Enhanced gameking boards do not have any type of sockets at all and require the use of a daughter card for either flash 044  board or legacy 3802/3902 board.

When you pull out the monitor, there's a black beau-plug that matches the plug in the monitor on the right side of the monitor tray.  You can just count the number of pins in the monitor or the beau-plug to see how many pins you will need.  The LCD is a direct replacement, just make sure you get one with the correct plug type.  Also you will need to change the black plastic bezel from a curved one to a flat one meant for LCD screens.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal