New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Preferred setup for home use  (Read 294 times)

Offline phurst

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • phurst New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Preferred setup for home use
« on: December 22, 2023, 09:15:58 AM »
Hello all!

With the help of this site and its members, I've gotten my machine up and running (it just occurred to me I have no idea if it's a Game King or I-Game, don't know the difference). Now I need some advice on how best to set it up for home use. It's got an 044 board, and is running GK003372. I have a keychip 28 for it. It's currently set up for nickels. So, I guess some of the things I need to know are:

Is there a general consensus on how the games should be distributed across the various denominations? I believe I saw references to spreadsheets some people had made to help with setup.

My preference is to use tokens for this machine. Many of the other games in my game room use stainless pachislo tokens, so preferable this machine would as well. I put a token in the coin comparitor, and it successfully credits up when I deposit a token. Good first step. However, the hopper appears to be set up for nickels. It will not dispense my tokens. If I put nickels in the hopper instead, it works as expected. Do you have to change the whole hopper for it to work with other denominations?

Depositing a token results in a credit, but the token itself is directed into the slot with the hole in the bottom of the machine instead of into the hopper. Is there some way to have them go into the hopper instead?

What's the best way to set up the credit system? If I deposit a token, I get a $.05 credit. Fine, but considering some of the games are likely to end up costing several dollars a play, that's an awful lot of tokens to have to deposit for one or two plays of whatever games end up on those higher denomination pages.

As you may have gathered, my preference is for the machine to use tokens so people get that authentic experience of loading coins in a machine and cashing them out when they're done, I'm just not sure how best to accomplish this, or if it can be accomplished at all. The machine does have a bill accepter and a printer (both untested), so I guess TITO is a possibility, but I'd rather stick with tokens if possible.

Any advice anyone has to offer will be greatly appreciated, and will hopefully save me quite a bit of trial and error.

Offline phurst

• NLG
Re: Preferred setup for home use
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 11:32:26 AM »
Ok, I guess maybe let's take this a question or two at a time. Hopper questions.

1) My hopper seems to be set up for nickels. Is there a way to change this, or does one need a whole different hopper? IME, anything set up to work with quarters will work with pachislo tokens, so how what would I do to make my hopper quarter friendly.

2) coins deposited in the machine are bypassing the hopper. How can I make them go to the hopper instead of out the hole in the bottom of the machine.

Thanks for any guidance anyone can provide.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 12:18:03 PM »
Yes, you can change it from nickels to quarters.  You'll need to change the shelf wheel inside the hopper and probably the pinwheel as too.  Contact Jim at Midwest slots, he may have the parts you need for it.  Then you'll have to readjust the coin knife too that rides on top of the shelf well and guides the coins through the optics. 

On the hopper there's brass screws with wires attached to them.  When the coins reach a level where it touches the screw it will energize a diverter on the coin mechanism that diverts the coin from the hopper to the overflow.  If your coins aren't at that level, but it's still doing it make sure the diverter isn't stuck in the wrong position. 

Probably nobody answered the other questions because it's really a personal thing and you'll get a bunch of different answers.  Do whatever makes you happy.  Myself, I use TITO, but just to put a bunch of credits on the machine at one time and leave them there.  Most of the Tickets I have are for $75k so I put one of those in and forget about adding credits for a long time.  I have my printers and hoppers disabled so when I cash out to key it or some other reason it just goes to handpay.  I have coin in/out in most of my machines, but rarely use them except for one nickel and quarter machine I use for a piggy bank.  That works for me, do what works for you.

Offline phurst

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2024, 12:42:25 PM »
Ok, thanks for the hopper info, very useful!

Do you have any recommended reading for TITO? Maybe that would be the easiest option. Signage on the machine indicates it takes bills or tickets, so is it just a matter of finding a ticket somewhere that just has loads of credits on it?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2024, 01:07:44 PM »
There's a forum here for TITO you can browse through.  I like Brian Hinkley's TITO@home products.  Small, pretty cheap, and reliable.  Yes, you can use a $100 bill or so and cycle it through the validator a few times, print a ticket, then cycle the ticket through a few times, print another till you get where you want, then insert and print a few of them.  Kinda like the doubling penny thing.  1,2,4,8,16,32,64....

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal