New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: GK 3902 with 3.x Key Chip Issues  (Read 306 times)

Offline mwmdragon

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mwmdragon New User has no influence.
  • NLG
GK 3902 with 3.x Key Chip Issues
« on: December 22, 2023, 10:30:19 PM »
I've got an old Game King with a 3902 MPU rocking a set of 3.x chips. I want to change some settings and have purchased a 022 key chip as the one that I was given with it gave me rainbow confetti.

I've done everything I've read on these forums and everything seems to work up to a point. The key chip puts me in the menu, I choose to clear the RAM and enter the key menu however after booting the machine back up after putting the base chip back in it does what it's supposed to. However instead of going into the key menu after holding down the white button for 2-3 seconds it boots into the regular game play screen with a little window that says..

"Verify All Options Before Putting Machine In Play" has an "OK" button and says "CASH$ 0.00" in little blue area.

When I hit the button "OK" it just goes to the games.

I don't want to clear everything I just want to change some settings, does anyone have any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 10:49:01 PM by mwmdragon »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: GK 3902 with 3.x Key Chip Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 11:13:39 PM »
Yes.  You're using the wrong key for your game software.  What are your Base and GME chip numbers?  You most likely have a GK4.X version that uses Key 17. 

You can make Key 22 work, but only if you wipe the entire machine.  That means answering Yes to all three menu questions.  Afterwards you'll have to set all the machine options up from default.  Not real convenient if you just want to make a simple option change that requires keying the machine, but you can't key it with Key 22 any other way.

Offline mwmdragon

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 03:08:55 PM »
I bought it from an actual Slot machine maintenance shop in Toronto and they sent me a 22 Key chip (it was a bad burn so  he had me buy a new one from ebay) this whole experience is proving to be a really poor one.. thank you for letting me know. I'll post my chip numbers just to be sure before I buy a Key 17 chip.

Game Program: G0000619
Config program: M0000247

This information is from the diagnostics as the chips are not marked with a number, they are just marked as "Game 1, Sound 1, etc".

Does this version require a Key 17 Chip?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2023, 04:04:48 PM »
Yep, you have a GK4.0 variant.  It uses Key 17. 

Key 17 just so you know does not have a menu system and be sure to clear the credits on the machine first.  You install it in the base socket, turn on the machine and wait a few seconds for the end two amber lights on the MPU board to illuminate.  When they do power it down, re-install the base chip, and power it back up.  The keychip menu will appear after a short period of time as the machine goes through the bootup process.  Then you can make your changes.

Offline mwmdragon

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2023, 11:11:39 PM »
Thank You, I have one on order from eBay :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal