New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809B upper unit - contact or lightproblems?  (Read 11379 times)

Offline david_germany

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • david_germany New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 809B upper unit - contact or lightproblems?
« on: May 07, 2014, 11:38:31 AM »
hi

my bally has problems with the upper unit.
sometimes he dont accept the second coin.
sometimes it works, sometimes not...

here is a video of the problem. i cant discribe good in english :-)

<a href="http://youtu.be/09l2L7SmsVo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/09l2L7SmsVo</a>

can anybody tell me which contact i should clean or how i can fix this problem???

thank you so much !!!!
bye
david

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 809B upper unit - contact or lightproblems?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 12:12:21 PM »
David,
It looks like your odds step up solenoid/coil  is not fully engaging.  If it pulls in fully, it should step up the odds gear one step.  It looks like it is trying to do that in your video.
Physically check the step up and reset solenoids on your top unit by hand to be sure they do work right.
I am looking at an 809 schematic, and what happens on 2nd coin in is that the odds relay engages (that is a relay with a brown with red wire-61).  It is supposed to allow time for the odds solenoid (the one that steps up your disk red with black wire -18) to fully engage.  After the odds solenoid fully steps up, it physically opens a thing called the EOS switch.  That stands for End of Stroke.  If you watch the action as you physically push in the step up solenoid, you will see that the linkage opens up a switch at the edge of the odds unit disk, that has a blue with orange wire --27) The other side of this EOS switch is that 61 wire -- brown/red that runs the first coil, the step up relay coil. 
I hope you follow that ok.
IF your EOS opens too soon, then the odds disc may not fully step up, and the machine steals a coin.
Of course, if it does not open at all, you can put in the 2nd coin, and it will step up all the way to 5th coin in and keep stepping, and will make quite a racket.
Try this fix of adjusting your EOS switch, and let us know if that fixes it. Make it so that it opens, but opens very late in the stroke.
If that doesn't fix it, then we'll figure out something else....
Make sure you download the Bally manual so that we are on the same page.
Send pictures of your top unit and odds disc assembly....
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 04:46:56 PM »
Let me recommend that all you e/m mechanics try this to see how the EOS works.
First,put a piece of matchbook in between the EOS contacts and play the game.
Next, remove matchbook, and clip the two leafs of the EOS together with a small alligator clip.
Then play the game.
What do you see happening?
Curious minds want to know.

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 07:52:38 PM »
I noticed in the video that there was also a problem resetting the feature unit back to the first column. It took several coins in one instance. I am wondering if there are any problems with the coin switch being intermittent.

Offline david_germany

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 01:48:31 AM »
hey

thank you so much for your help.

@rdaniel: the coinswitch is new. i though it too that the coin switch is the problem :(
but isnt...

its very hard for me to understand it :-((((
tonight i will record a new video of the upper unit. perhaps you can see more about the solenoid or the coils ok ?

david

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:21:49 PM by david_germany »

Offline david_germany

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 11:25:36 AM »
hey

so i could record a small video of the upper unit.
you can see that the bally try to junp to the second coin...
there is a contactplate with a few metalarms, that rotate after i put the coin in...

<a href="http://youtu.be/AQ7IzRYrBLU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/AQ7IzRYrBLU</a>

:-(
ive got no idea what i can do !! :(
ill post a picture too... give me 5 minutes...

thank you for your help !!!!

Offline david_germany

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 11:29:58 AM »
here are 2 pics

Offline The Fatman

• Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 11:42:02 AM »
This is the EOS switch (circled in black)  (click the pic) that has been mentioned. Dont let it open up until the very end of the stroke. If it opens early.... you wont get the full length of actuation to the coil that advances the disk for the coin in.
dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline david_germany

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 12:12:53 PM »
thank you !!!
i have bend the eos switch a little bit so he will now open later.
but it doesnt fix the problem :-(

<a href="http://youtu.be/I-0zqIy2Hg0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/I-0zqIy2Hg0</a>

sometimes he accept the 2nd coin, sometimes not...

:-( do you have an other idea what i can do?

oh damn it !!!!!! :-(

Offline The Fatman

• The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 12:35:59 PM »
One thing I have done is to file the switches on the clock side of the mech . I had one switch that was pitted and not making good contact. it looked like it was but it had carbon and didnt make a good contact. The other issue i have had with my 809 is the Beau plug didnt make good contact (hopper plug). Do you have an extension cable to check the units outside of the cabinet? This is a great thing to have if your going to have a few machines. Time consuming to make but well worth the effort to make them.  :dancing_2:
Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline david_germany

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 12:43:45 PM »
hi dave

no ive got no cable to use this outside the cabinet :-(

do you mean these switches??
should i clean the contacts??

Offline david_germany

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 12:54:27 PM »
ok i have clean these contacts too.
the problem is not fixed :-(((

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 02:54:38 PM »
I'm thinking that the problem could be with the one coil that counts and advances the stepper.. Looks to have been replaced, but did the install the correct replacement? It acts to be weak or slow?  I wonder if it's the same coil as my stepper in my 831?

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 05:00:38 PM »
Could be the stepper coil ... good eye .. looks kinda shotty and cant tell the value of it. Might be too heavy of a gauge wire.
The switches i was talking about are the ones located on the side of the reel mech behind the fan or clock. If you need me to send a pic i will if you cant locate it. If need be I can ohnm the proper coil and you can check yours to see if it is the right one. If the wire size is too thick ... it will have too much resistance and might not pull in well enough to advance the disk. Also check the operation of the stepper by hand to see if it advances correctly. Might have a worn gear or stepper arm.

Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 05:29:15 PM »
The stepper seemed to work fine in the video when it was done by hand.. If you look close at the wires you can see where the soldering iron melted the outer plastic covers on two wires. That coils not original. It wouldn't hurt to clean and check the coin switch contacts, also the contacts on the handle release. I had something similar happen on an 831, and cleaning and adjusting those two switch stacks helped. On this machine I'm leaning towards the step up coil.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 08:05:14 PM »
I lost a post but that's ok.
You can remove the 4 screws that hold the light board onto your top unit.  Then you can look inside while the machine is running.    You can also pulse the coils with it on this way. You can learn to use a jumper to test stuff, too.
However, please look at the handle switches as the problem.  It sounds like the handle assembly switches with colors of blue/yellow(23), and blue/red(21) are not opening after you insert the 1st coin in and the handle paddle drops (is released).  Pull out the reel assembly, and look in at them.  I bet they are almost touching.  carefully bend the shorter blade away just a little bit.
Post a photo, and turn off machine when you leave, you might have a coil sticking on and it will burn out you don't want that.
If you want to understand how the machine works better, read oldreno's trouble shooting post.  I think it's in here somewhere.  And download the bally manual for better reference of parts.
Nice Pix!!!

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 08:24:24 PM »
Chances are that the handle relay doesnt drop with the first coin. That is what mine does most of the time and it wont advance the odds relay if it doesnt drop and close the switches.
Dave

Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline david_germany

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 10:48:35 AM »
soo

i think the problem is fixed
soon.
now it works but sometimes, i mean sometimes only the machine steals the 2nd coin.
i have cleaned all contacts of the upper amd reel unit.
only the handle release solenoid isnt cleaned.

perhaps i should cleaning the contacts again and more?

<a href="http://youtu.be/UkVSwLfExzU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/UkVSwLfExzU</a>

sorry for my english !!!!

Offline david_germany

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2014, 10:53:04 AM »
oh no :-(
the problem is coming back...
damn it !!!

but i think i should cleaning more the contacts.
ill try this and write you

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 11:40:22 AM »
I would go over the coin switch contacts on the side of the reels. The set of contacts with the coil to engage them, and I would make sure to clean and check the contacts on the handle release.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal