New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Source for 63 LED bulbs?  (Read 3228 times)

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: Source for 63 LED bulbs?
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2020, 01:21:47 AM »
Just rub in how much I over paid,  why don't ya :duh: .
You had better order fast.   In a month there may not be a USPS.  Kevin Costner rides again !
Ra

Offline Simple Sam

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Simple Sam New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2020, 06:44:13 AM »
Just rub in how much I over paid,  why don't ya :duh: .
You had better order fast.   In a month there may not be a USPS.  Kevin Costner rides again !
Ra

Ha, ha.

Actually, I was trying to make the case for others to try it as it is quite affordable.  I've got some NOS and reproduction glass in my machines and do not want to see it ruined.

Offline SPN

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • SPN New User barely matters.SPN New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2021, 07:55:52 AM »

I want to change my regular bulbs to led on all my Bally em slot machines and before buying them I just want to check if this are the right bulbs to buy?
And are this warm white the best option or should I use white ?

Thanks 🤗

Offline slcjeeper

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • slcjeeper New User barely matters.slcjeeper New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2021, 09:06:16 PM »
In my opinion those lamps are too hot, not temperature wise. They will create hot spots of light. I find myself using a variety of bulbs, but primarily frosted warm white. You’ll find they have a white dome over the SMDs. Anyhow, I’ve actually been working right down the street from Cointaker and have had the opportunity to see what they have on the shelves for lighting. It’s overwhelming! Now something else that will change everything is the artwork. Some colors just look better with cooler light. The Super Flex work well behind behind the reel glass when the occasional dead spot appears. For the coin tray I use both warm and cool #63 LEDs. Again It’s going to depend on the colors of the artwork. The cool 63 really make the coin tray sparkle. I recommend getting at least a sample of 4-5 of each to try out. Cointaker will sell the bulbs per piece.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2021, 01:53:20 AM »

Sounds like you know what’s best for the different spots on the machine and I gonna order a bunch of the frosted dome #44 warm white and some other colors, but I’m not sure about the 63 led, I could not find it in frosted dome, and I’m afraid if I use the super flex on the reel glass it will make a hot spot and not that good spread light..

Could you post a picture inside how you have installed the 63 led?

Do any of you use led tubes 6w too, and if how does it work?

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2021, 06:15:42 AM »
The 63 LED bulbs aren't offered with a dome. These are the ones I use https://cointaker.com/products/63-super-5
Since some coin tray lenses are clear and others are frosted,  you'll have to try both colors. Something else you can do with the coin tray is to remove the lenses completely or if you really want a precise color, use a piece of light gels. Rosco offers a small sample book and I just cut what I need out of it https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002ER2YG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_PRB2M8ZCJPPVVFSNVMC0
I'll see about getting some pictures of installed bulbs for you.

As far as replacing the fluorescent tubes, I'm still experimenting.  They are generally offered in two types. With one you'll bypass the Ballast and go straight to power and another type is plug and play with the existing wiring.  Now here's a drawback to using all LEDs. These EM machines work best when warm. So keeping the Ballast connected will help with that. Otherwise you'll need something to give off some heat inside the machine,  like a light bulb. A good place to locate it is behind the drop coin chute on the right side of the machine.  A19 25w work well as they are small. I have one plugged into the service outlet inside the machine.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2021, 06:35:40 AM »

So you are using the 63 Super 7V ac/dc on the sides on the reel glass too?

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2021, 06:41:36 AM »
Yes, but needed to get a little creative making lenses for them. With some artwork the LEDs hot spot strongly.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2021, 08:23:51 AM »
Saw this topic about LED bulbs. The 63 incandescent is a 7V bulb.

Has anyone tried a 6.3 LED bayonet ?  These are more widely available and less expensive. Probably many different lenses and options.

Thought I would ask. Just checkin...

Tony
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2021, 10:10:38 AM »
Saw this topic about LED bulbs. The 63 incandescent is a 7V bulb.

Has anyone tried a 6.3 LED bayonet ?  These are more widely available and less expensive. Probably many different lenses and options.

I think the 63 was chosen for its size / light spread so it more uniformly lit a larger area.  It's on the 6V circuit along with all the 44/47/55 lamps they used.   

it may or may not be easy to replace the 63 socket with one/two of the smaller sockets the other lamps use ... depends on the game.  You could also replace the socket with led strips/arrays if hot spotting was an issue.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2021, 12:51:38 PM »

Does anyone have pictures of their led installation with bulbs or tubes?

I think led strips sounds like a good alternative too and it does remove the heat too I guess..

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal