New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB1 slant top Goldfish, not able to set parameters after ram clear  (Read 7039 times)

Offline Jerry304

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Jerry304 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hi All,

I just bought a BB1 goldfish and was unable to set any options. I did a ram clear, and after the game finished loading, I hit the diagnostics button and nothing happened. On the set up screen, when I hit the orange button, the only buttons that come up is sound setup and touch screen setup. No denom set up, or clock setup, or voucher setup or any of the others.  I'm stuck. The game won't play because it's waiting for some parameters to be set.

Thanks, Jerry

Offline kforeman

• Reputation Power: 4
  • kforeman New User has no influence.
  • Slot Techin since 2002
Re: BB1 slant top Goldfish, not able to set parameters after ram clear
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 05:43:14 PM »
 :Scratch-Head:  are you sure your RC card is compatible with your OS?  post your RC version and Game & OS versions to be verified...

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 07:47:02 PM »
Are you sure you are letting the game load up?  Does the top goldfish screen change from the initial load screen to a scene with a sign that says to play all lines + 10 credits, etc.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Jerry304

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 08:02:42 PM »
The top screen seems to be stuck on....

OS Version       : 5.21
Game ID          : 569
Image Version   :1.00
A red bar is below showing full

I'll have to get back to you on the ram clear version, but based on the picture of the card I bought on eBay auction it says....SCLR-000-1800 O/SV 1800 it's a 64MB card with number 6769-015919-00-00
CPU-NXT Ram Clear I don't know for sure if the photo from the auction is the actual card I received, but I'd assume so.

When doing a ram clear, do you have to remove the card from the top unit as well? I did not.

Jerry

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 08:11:05 PM »
You do not have to do anything to the top.  If it is still showing the OS version 5.21, then the game has not yet fully loaded.  Post a picture of the main screen before you hit the setup/diagnostic button.  The game takes a while to load. What you describe is normal during the load process when the game has not yet fully loaded. 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Jerry304

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 09:16:52 PM »
Before I did the ram clear, the game was working fine, but multi denom wasn't set, the printer was disabled and it was set to only take five credits per line instead on ten. The diagnostic button never did anything. I checked the switch and it is ok. The hot wire (green/tan)from the switch to the plug on the board checks good, so it's not broken. When I turn the key switch, the Orange setup box only offers two choices, touch screen setup and sound setup.
After the OS loaded, the upper right of the screen shows various parameters aren't set, and it appears the machine is waiting for input from me, but since the diagnostic button doesn't do anything, I can't get the game to finish loading.

Jerry

Offline Melissarmdlm

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Melissarmdlm New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 02:14:15 AM »
Check the wire from the diagnostic switch to the J10 plug, if that's all intact, you have an actual problem...perhaps with the backplane.  The J10 plug is the large one in the center towards to logic box. To clarify if the machine/game is frozen cause and clear a tilt to see if it's active.

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 06:52:24 AM »
Also,

Make sure that your main door switch is enabled and in the "door open" position.  I don't know where it is on a slant cabinet but you cant access the setup screen if the machine thinks the door is closed.

Steve

Offline Melissarmdlm

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Melissarmdlm New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 07:05:27 AM »
That! The main door on the slant top is the bottom one. Lift the plasti cover and pull a wire from the switch...or open the door. Ram clear settings require the main doors open.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 07:33:29 AM »
I was going after the main door as well.  Turning the jackpot reset key is the attendant menu, not the setup menu.  Purplish background is setup mode, blue background is attendant mode.  If you don't the the "Open Door M" on the bottom left of the screen, your main door is not opened, thus you would never be able to do the setup.

Offline Jerry304

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 11:40:23 AM »
I do have the main door open and the screen confirms that the door is open.   Any way to check to see if the backplane is bad? I checked the J10 plug and checked continuity between the diagnostic switch and the wire going into the J10 plug.  It was ok

Offline iramack

• iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 11:45:55 AM »
Perhaps run the clear again and watch the screen to be sure it finishes properly. Power down and insert Game and OS cards and power up.  Also you may need a new battery in the top box unit as well..............

Good Luck.

Steve

Offline Jerry304

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 12:04:02 PM »
I ran the ram clear two times. Both times, when it finished, the green screen came up and said it was done and to remove clear chip and insert os.  I think my problem is in the diagnostic button. 
When the game is running normally, do hitting the diagnostic button always bring you to the setup menu?
As I said earlier, the diagnostic button never did anything. Even when I was able to play the game.

Jerry

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 12:16:06 PM »
Like we said before, It only works if the main door is open and the door open message is displayed on the screen.  If you can see the "cherry"switch for the main door, try to push it in so that it is in it's neutral position and not pulled out toward you.  The "out" position is to trick the machine into thinking the door is closed so it can be worked on etc.

Steve

Offline Jerry304

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 12:39:13 PM »
Door was open when trying to push button.  Would low batteries cause the game to not go into diag mode? I never saw any messages saying there was a low battery.

Jerry

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 02:18:53 PM »
I'm just saying check the door switch. It should say Door Open Main or M on the screen when it's open.  Sometimes the switch goes bad or the wire gets pinched etc. How long have you had this machine without opening it up?  If the machine does not detect the main door is open, then you cant get into the setup screen. The switch is what tells the CPU the door is open.

Steve

Offline Jerry304

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 02:52:27 PM »
The door switch is fine. The game worked perfectly until I had the bright idea to do a ram clear.
I need to find out if you can hit the diagnostic button any time you want with a normally working machine? This button never did anything, even when the machine was working normally.
Any chance the lower door needs to be open as well?  I'm just opening the hood door. There is also a lower door and two drop doors

Jerry

Offline kforeman

• Slot Techin since 2002
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 04:17:36 PM »
The door switch is fine. The game worked perfectly until I had the bright idea to do a ram clear.
I need to find out if you can hit the diagnostic button any time you want with a normally working machine? This button never did anything, even when the machine was working normally.
Any chance the lower door needs to be open as well?  I'm just opening the hood door. There is also a lower door and two drop doors

Jerry

hi Jerry, do you have a paper clip handy?  i just bypassed the switch and wiring for the diagnostic switch on a BB2 by using a paper clip to jump the pins on J10 and i got the operator menu to pop up.  from the left side of the plug i jumped the top 2nd and bottom 2nd pins.  the bulkhead board is the same between the BB1 and BB2 and i double-checked the block diagram in the manuals for both cabinets to verify that J10 is where all of the switches are wired in so it's probably the same for you...you could also follow the wire to make sure you're jumping the correct pins on J10 instead of taking my advice on which pins to jump.  i don't have a BB1 slant cabinet handy to test on myself; the few we still have are temporarily in storage while part of the floor is being demolished to create an entryway into our new hotel  :duh:
did you test the door switch & diagnostic switch with a multi meter/continuity tester?  just trying to verify your procedures.  :yes:   

on the BB1 slants we've had over the years the M(ain) door has always been wired to open with the H(atch) door but your machine may be different; pop the bottom door off and give it a try!  just watch your toes; those doors are heavier than they look and will simply fall when/if you tug on them and the hatch door is already open.  :cool_thumb_up:

the diagnostic button is always functional with the M door reading open on a normally working machine...we have to get into the operator menu regularly; in fact i use the diagnostic button 95% of the time i need to do anything in either the operator or attendant menu on a WMS machine.  it's just easier than trying to find the reset lock; especially on a BB1 slant!!

Offline kforeman

• Slot Techin since 2002
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 04:27:54 PM »
A red bar is below showing full

Jerry can you give any more details about the red bar?  i'm wondering if maybe your RAM stick is bad in the CPU...i've only seen it a few times but it prevents the game from loading when bad  :hissyfit:

also do you have another functioning BB1 machine to test parts with?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2016, 05:02:04 PM »
The red bar in the top box is normal, shows load progress and it fills up the box when done.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal