New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: "Mains saferam signature corrupted" It's clearly not the battery, but it is.  (Read 143 times)

Offline kcirrick

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • kcirrick New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I have two machines.  A slant top and an upright.  Both were working fine, but after sitting unused for months the upright got the dreaded "Mains saferam signature corrupted".  I figured it was a battery issue, but I was focused on a completely different project and so didn’t bother with it.  (I was building a Pirates of the Caribbean pup-pack for a visual pinball table.)  I finally got around to swapping in a new battery, but to my dismay I got the same error.  I have two MPU boards for each machine so I just swapped in the extra board.  "Mains saferam signature corrupted"  I swapped in a new battery on this board and got the same error.  I then took the spare board from the slant top and put it into the upright which involved removing it from it’s tray and putting it in the upright’s tray.  "Mains saferam signature corrupted"  I then took the board that I knew was working out of the slant top and put that into the upright "Mains saferam signature corrupted"  What the hell!?  All the while I’m swapping batteries around and checking voltages on the batteries verifying 3.6v with my meter. It was getting late and I was done for the night so I took that “working” board and put it back into the slant top.  "Mains saferam signature corrupted"  I decided I wasn’t done and tried all four boards in the slant top.  Now, all four boards got the same error in both machines.  I double checked 3.6v in the batteries and it was good.  I was thoroughly stumped.  This is clearly a battery issue, but it’s clearly not.

Even though the batteries showed good voltage I went ahead and ordered new ones.  When they showed up I was able to reconfigure all four boards with no problem.  (Replacing the batteries was easy because the first time I did it I unsoldered old batteries from the boards and installed AA battery holders.)  Part of the problem was that I had some unused “new” batteries, but then realized I had purchased them four years ago.  Purchasing brand new fresh batteries solved the problem.

So, if you’re getting this "Mains saferam signature corrupted" error even though your batteries show the proper 3.6v go ahead and try swapping in brand new batteries anyway.  It might save you from going through the frustrations I went through.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I think the problem is that testing with a multi meter shows voltage without a LOAD in the circuit.
I'm guessing (someone chime in please) maybe putting a 100 ohm in parallel with the battery, and then watch the voltage and see if it drops.  :yes:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline kcirrick

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • kcirrick New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Not a bad idea. I've trashed all the old batteries, but I think I know where I can find one.  I'm going to reconfigure the upright anyway because I installed Cash Encounters.  Not a bad game, but I'd rather have my choice of ten games.  I'll find that old battery and test it while on the board and powered up.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal