New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS BB2 No Signal  (Read 9881 times)

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: WMS BB2 No Signal
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 11:08:22 AM »
Did this machine work at all when you first got it?  I noticed you asked about the Dongle location and seemed happy to have that solved.

So did the game ever boot for you at all??

Steve

Offline Border01

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2016, 11:17:18 AM »
No I was just turning it on for the first time last night and just got the no signal.

Online idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2016, 11:52:01 AM »
Sounds like a bad video card.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Border01

• Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2016, 02:13:10 PM »
Is the black thing on the video card a heat isolator?  It is not attached properly the plastic pins with springs are snapped off

James

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2016, 02:17:50 PM »
Sorry here is the photo. No evidence of burnt chips on the card.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2016, 02:40:19 PM »
If there are pieces broken off that fasten the heatsink down properly, yeah, the video card might be toast.

What I'm not sure of, is if a smoked video card would prevent the OLED deck from firing up.  That's why I was thinking processor or the MPU in general since your OLED deck didn't come on either.

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2016, 03:05:28 PM »
My sales rep has been in contact with me. She is very considerate and concerned and I have no doubt that she will make things right. I think it is the video card but I am concerned that given the fact that the CPU fan is not working that perhaps overheating is really the issue

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2016, 03:33:06 PM »
sometimes the adastra board comes loose during shipping.  Try putting some pressure downward on the board to make sure it has a good connection and try again.  I had a friend had a similar issue with a non-responsive bb1 mpu, he shipped to me and I just removed and re-installed the adastra board and it fixed his issue.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2016, 03:35:50 PM »
Where do I find that board?

Online idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2016, 03:55:22 PM »
When you turn the machine on do the OLED buttons glow slightly? They should before they light up.  Also, if the USB cable is not connected they won't light up at all, just slightly glow.

As for the video card, without the pins they must have used adhesive to keep it attached to the processor, which is not recommended.

Also, the fan on the processor heat sink is temperature controlled so when the machine is first turned on it usually takes a few seconds for it to start up.  If it isn't starting up after 30 seconds that means the entire unit is most likely defective........or are you sure that the unit is locked down on the backplane?  There is a lever below the unit at the bottom right corner, hard to see, make sure it's pulled down all the way.

Rick, the Adastra board is held is place with 5 screws, doubt it is loose unless the screws are missing.

See message below concerning missing chips.

Online idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2016, 04:02:14 PM »
Sorry here is the photo. No evidence of burnt chips on the card.

Looking at that photo I just realized you are missing the Jurisdiction chip at U4 SP1, is there a chip in the U2 BIOS socket?  Post a photo.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2016, 04:12:04 PM »
Nothing in U2 bios.

Online idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2016, 04:14:51 PM »
Nothing in U2 bios.

Without those chips the machine will be dead.  Makes me wonder how they tested it before they shipped it.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2016, 04:21:21 PM »
Nothing in U2 bios.

Without those chips the machine will be dead.  Makes me wonder how they tested it before they shipped it.

I agree.  Methinks there wasn't any testing done.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2016, 05:08:42 PM »
Yep,  Very good catch once again Jeff.  The machine is dead and will not do nothing until you have the bios and jurisdiction.  Then at that point it will be pot luck if it even works then-given that someone would send you a bare brain box. I try not to get into that much anymore as you may have payed little to nothing for this.  Hopefully you will get it resolved with your rep. you got this from.  Sounds like a drop ship, Cram and jam deal to me.

Offline iramack

• Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2016, 06:17:02 PM »
Please let us know who you got this from so we can avoid them in the future!!

SM

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal