New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Gamefield touchscreen displays vertical but touch controller is mapped horiz?  (Read 12 times)

Offline sccarlso

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
I’ve been doing trial & error for days to FINALLY get Ironman to load and be able to get through initial configuration on a BB2E with an upgraded NTX3.2 CPU.  I removed both screens and have a 32” NEC display for the top, and I purchased an actual GamefieldxD touchscreen for the lower screen.

Jumpers are set and the cabinet type shows it as a GamefieldxD cabinet.  I finally figured the biggest issue, not being able to get through setup or calibrate the touchscreen is because the Gamefield touchscreen being key mapped horizontally when the game is a vertical touchscreen! 

With it that way, it took many tries to setup, as for whatever reason, I could only get touchscreen response when the setup screen was on the top display, while touching the Gamefield touchscreen with the wrong resolution.  I finally just started marking what was where on the touchscreen to match the setup menus as it was horizontal but displayed on the other vertical non touch screen.  But after finally getting a basic setup, everything initialized and both screens are vertical as they should. 

But the Gamefield touchscreen remains mapped horizontally!

On touchscreen calibration it displays the hash marks in the proper locations for a vertical screen & responds.  But calibration does little as the touchscreen itself thinks it’s horizontal while the video is being displayed vertical!  Took me forever to figure out what it was actually doing. 

But I don’t have any doc or info if there’s a dip switch, jumper, or other setting might be that changes that.  As the display knows its vertical & outputs video oriented properly, the touchscreen itself doesn’t seem to understand it’s a vertical format.

Anyone know where or how that might be switched?  There’s no setting in the game itself, so wondering if it’s a jumper setting on the backplane?  Or a switch somewhere on the Gamefield screen itself?  It’s an OEM screen for a Gamefield machine so it’s designed to be a vertical touchscreen.  Everything else functions as it should.

All that remains is for the touchscreen to respond where it should.

Is the touchscreen controller itself configured to map vertically or horizontally?  Or is this controlled by the OS & game?

I read a few general docs on touchscreens and many said the touchscreen manufacturer sets this in the touch controller.

If it’s a hard coded setting in the touch controller whether it’s in portrait or landscape mode, then Ceronix screwed it up!  The screen is designed for a Gamefield.  So the touch controller has to be formatted in portrait mode if it’s set on the touch controller itself.  Or the EDID that’s programmed on it from general touchscreen information I read tells the CPU that its touchscreen is mapped in portrait mode.

Has anyone experienced this where a touchscreen that is vertically displayed thinks it’s horizontally mounted?  If so, do you know how that can be switched so it functions properly?  If it even can?

Thanks!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal