New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: TOP BANANA - 550 - STOPPED WORKING  (Read 17019 times)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: TOP BANANA - 550 - STOPPED WORKING
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2016, 01:03:41 PM »
will try other transport and play around with the software.  I did notice the board that I got from SPIN did have an X on the back (not usually a good sign)

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2016, 07:50:04 AM »
tried another transport/head from a S+ - voila - powered/cycled but did not work.  I contacted SPIN and they are going to send me another BV setup and tested to work in my machine. These guys are great.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2016, 11:06:39 AM »
It's probably that litte serial board PCB with the "X" on it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2016, 06:52:22 AM »
NO PROGRESS - replaced the BILL VALIDATOR with a tested unit and the "daughter board"  all provided by SPIN.   BV does NOT cycle.  Game still thinks it has a JCM 145/146 (the initial bv unit had a special daughter board that made it look like a jcm145)  and that unit WORKED prior to game failure mentioned in original post.  To refresh - game was working - power including the bv - POWER SUPPLY replaced - then CPU and IO sent in to SPIN for repair - GAME gamed up BUT no bv - replaced the jcm daughter board mounted to the side of the transport - reconnected wiring on the transport - and that is where we are - everything works EXCEPT the BV.
I can not find how the game recognizes what BV is attached - the clear chip and setup only allows what cc and coin - nothing about the bv.  The diagnostics shows that it thinks it has a JCM145 when in fact it has a wba13
One thing that stands out in the diagnostics (see screen print)  is jumpers?  can there be jumpers on the cpu/io that indicate the BV?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2016, 07:33:36 AM »
I will convert my  machine back to a legacy system this weekend to help you troubleshoot.  If I remember correctly the jumpers were used to set jurisdiction.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2016, 08:02:21 AM »
The manual mentions that Jumper #1 is for jurisdiction and Jumper #2 is for Bonus setup. It also talks about getting into the Technician Menu System to select which bills you want the machine to accept but I didn't see anything about selecting which type of bill validator is installed or how the machine determines the BV type.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2016, 09:21:28 AM »
the only thing I can think is that the power supply may be no good?  since the bv transport is not cycling - the connection to the p/s is good - but???

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2016, 11:50:20 AM »
Is there a little red light on the side of the transport that indicates it is getting power?  I will do the conversion tonight, and observe the whole dbv procedure then report back.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2016, 12:09:18 PM »
there are the 2 lights on the bill head that are on.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2016, 08:12:51 PM »
Ok, I finished the conversion.  It is cool to see that #1, everything still works, #2 eprom based games boot really fast!

You in fact, have a newer release of the game than I do.

Ok, so I ran the clear.  The only thing I chose in the clear was the comparitor type and the coin denomination.  The system automatically knew it was USA based on the switches of the I/O board.

After I ran the clear I got a ram clear tilt, which I cleared by pushing reset button (or was it turning the reset key?)  I did both.  I forget which one triggered it.

After  the tilt cleared, got a black screen, then it said loading graphics, at which point the validator cycled (this was the only time it cycled, never during the clear).  The game came up and was ready to play.  I went into the version screen and this is what I got.  At no point did I select the validator type, it just auto-configured it.  I'm also enclosing a photo of the rear RS-232 validator board.

The connection closest to the cabinet wall is the one that goes to the backplane.  Incidentally that harness has a molex pigtail with a pair of wires that plugs right into the PDU for 12v power.  The other molex connected to the RS-232 board goes into the validator plug harness.  I would also note that my validator is a WBA 12.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2016, 01:59:58 AM »
thank you very much for all you work - the only difference I see is in the wiring going to the rs-232 board -  all the steps you took are exactly what i did regarding the clear and setup. Will load pics of my board and wiring later.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2016, 06:30:45 AM »
here is my wiring with some extra wires that I don't know where they go.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2016, 05:56:06 AM »
still no bv - sending ALL my boards to SPIN -  the bv the power supply - the boards including backboard.  The only only question i have is the are wires go to the bv door switch - that need to find where the actually go - there is a black/purple?  black/yellow then a black and a yellow wire. 

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2016, 11:39:40 AM »
took a LONG TIME - thank you to RICKHUNTER for going the extra yard on this one - SPIN - FINALLY!!! - fixed the problem - the IO board again.  Anyway - it's up for sale - I will never recover what I have into in in time and money - but I just don't like giving up. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal